Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The episode reminded me a bit of the movie Avatar.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The episode reminded me a bit of the movie Avatar.

Was I the only one that had a Deja vu moment when Mandy found herself in Camille Wray's body and looked at her hands being able to move on her own after decades of being confined to a chair and to breathe through a tube.
    Spoiler:
    It reminded me a lot of the scene in the movie Avatar where Jake wakes up for the first time in his Avatar body and stands up and runs as he for the first time since he was crippled was able to stand, walk and run on his own.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

I didn't make the connection but yes... now that you say that it definitely is similar in some ways to Avatar.

Will she return under the guise of needing to help the Destiny crew again, then run off and help the ship repel the evil human invaders from it's deck?
    Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I think SGU came first, but then again I've never seen Avatar so I can't be sure if the scenes are similar or not.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

If it had included a blue alien in that scene.....maybe
        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
          I didn't make the connection but yes... now that you say that it definitely is similar in some ways to Avatar.

Will she return under the guise of needing to help the Destiny crew again, then run off and help the ship repel the evil human invaders from it's deck?
          Evil Human invaders? WT? Oh! I see what you did.

Spoiler:
          Not all or even most humans in the movie where evil. The miners were not evil for example.

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
          If it had included a blue alien in that scene.....maybe
          You missed the point about quite a few miles back as being handicapped and all of sudden not being handicapped at all, has nothing to do with Aliens blue or otherwise...
          Last edited by RJLCyberPunk; 08 May 2010, 10:17 PM.
          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

I'm sure you meant BSG. Because everything reminds us of BSG.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
              You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to carmencatalina again.
              Honestly this is getting old now.
              sigpic

Comment

I made the same remark during the episode Space. The way the stones are able to transfer consciousness in another body resemble Avatar. When I saw Young in the Alien's body walking around among the other aliens on the vessels I had some Avatar flashback. But obviously there's some differences. In Avatar you would transfer into a genetically grown and adapted for you empty body, while in SGU you switch consciousness with another 'already alive' being. But both did permit to sneak up on each other species. And in Avatar and SGU they allowed a disabled person to walk and move again.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I was watching Avatar and SGU today and didn't make that connection but now you mention it yeah it does remind me of it.

Just thought of something too: What is it with blue aliens? I know it's only SGU and Avatar but still.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, this scene was reminiscent of "Avatar." It was one of my favourite scenes in that film as well, the smile on Sully's face was just so... mischievously wonderous. The woman playing Perry in SGU did an excellent job as well. She did everything with an almost childlike sense of wonder. A poignant reminder of how good we have it (the use of all four limbs, etc) and how we take it for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                      Yeah, this scene was reminiscent of "Avatar." It was one of my favourite scenes in that film as well, the smile on Sully's face was just so... mischievously wonderous. The woman playing Perry in SGU did an excellent job as well. She did everything with an almost childlike sense of wonder. A poignant reminder of how good we have it (the use of all four limbs, etc) and how we take it for granted.
                      The scene in Avatar when he stand up in the lab and run around foot naked in the soil was nice too.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                        The scene in Avatar when he stand up in the lab and run around foot naked in the soil was nice too.
                        Hehe, I loved when
                        Spoiler:
                        he was smacking things around with his tail, then turned and realized "crap, I have a TAIL!"

Comment

Originally posted by lord hurin View Post
                          hehe, i loved when
                          Spoiler:
                          he was smacking things around with his tail, then turned and realized "crap, i have a tail!"
                          :d
                          lol

Comment

This thread kinda makes me want to go watch Avatar... *rushs off*
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                              Was I the only one that had a Deja vu moment when Mandy found herself in Camille Wray's body and looked at her hands being able to move on her own after decades of being confined to a chair and to breathe through a tube.
                              Spoiler:
                              It reminded me a lot of the scene in the movie Avatar where Jake wakes up for the first time in his Avatar body and stands up and runs as he for the first time since he was crippled was able to stand, walk and run on his own.
                              I got that impression also,
                              Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X