TJ and Young Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ and Young Part II

So in this episode we finally got to see TJ and we could definately see her being pregnant. No trying to conceal it anymore. We also got to see some of the interactions between TJ and Young. She wanted to be a part of the team that went down to the planet. He didn't want her to go. We are beginning to see the interactions of the two of them playing out. Was he being over protective? There also wasn't any real announcement to the rest of the crew that she was pregnant. I'm guessing she told the rest of the crew at some other point that we didn't see.

Then later we see that he wrote a letter to TJ before going to use the chair. What did he write to her? What was in that letter?

What does everyone think?
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Loved the scene where TJ is asking Young to go down to the planet. And then through the scene we see that he doesn't want her to go, but in the end gives in to her and lets her go. So we can already see that they are having to work through what he will and won't let her do. Looks as though he is starting to be protective of her. Before TJ told him that she was pregnant, he wouldn't have had an issue with her going down to a planet. But now he does.

Was sweet seeing Greer after the explosion asking her if she was alright. Definately a sweet moment in my books.

And the letter that Young wrote to TJ. (And also wrote one to Scott I think it was, only caught TJ's initials on the one) I'm curious to know what it was he wrote to her. Young seems to have mellowed out a bit for me over the past couple of episodes or so. And now he is starting to grow on me. I am looking forward to seeing how Young and TJ continue to work out things through out her pregnancy. We can already see some of the struggles that they will have to deal with. Him wanting to be protective of her. Her wanting to retain her independance and be able to do the things the rest of the team are doing. And possibly him wanting to resume the relationship that they had and her not wanting to. It will all be interesting to see how it plays out. TJ has definately become my favorite of the show.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

He may've just been protective, but he relented easily enough. The whole scene was nice. Just an easy banter between the two, and it felt kinda sweet. I'm hoping for more in a similar vein.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Well, first of all, I totally called the overprotective Young thing. Go me. Me is Awesome.

Secondly, that was a very cute scene. I think TJ is feeling like she can do almost whatever she wants because, hey, she's got his kid; that's the ultimate trump card right there; her confidence was radiating in that scene. I also liked how Young couldn't stop smiling when he was talking to her.

Comment

They should talk more in private and be more friendly. At the moment there is still an invisible wall between them.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
            They should talk more in private and be more friendly. At the moment there is still an invisible wall between them.
            And so there should be given that he is still her commanding officer and married.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              He may've just been protective, but he relented easily enough. The whole scene was nice. Just an easy banter between the two, and it felt kinda sweet. I'm hoping for more in a similar vein.
              I agree. I too hope to see more scenes of the two of them. I also noticed that he seemed to smile a bit when around her. And I noticed that she seemed a bit happier too. Almost had a look of a sense of relief. Now that everyone on board, especially Young knowing that she is pregnant. And also the fact that she doesn't have to do things to try and hide her pregnancy from anyone anymore.

I too also wouldn't mind seeing some more of their private conversations. Not necessarily ones of them getting back together, or anything because he is still technically married, but at least seeing the two of them talking together about her pregnancy, the baby and stuff. The normal things that two people who are expecting a baby would be talking about.

Edit: I wonder if it was intentional to have TJ wearing a white shirt like that? As we could definately see TJ's baby bump in that shirt, where as darker outfits and the black military outfit she had on barely showed her baby bump. I actually liked her in that white shirt. Then again I have a thing for shirts like that myself. Only I like to wear them ot buttoned up nover a Tshirt.
              Last edited by SG7; 09 May 2010, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                And so there should be given that he is still her commanding officer and married.
                Would love to be the fly on the wall when his wife finds out that TJ is pregnant with his kid.....Again, my funny money's on Wray spilling the beans to someone at the SGC, and then Telford being the one to tell Young's wife.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                  So in this episode we finally got to see TJ and we could definately see her being pregnant. No trying to conceal it anymore. We also got to see some of the interactions between TJ and Young. She wanted to be a part of the team that went down to the planet. He didn't want her to go. We are beginning to see the interactions of the two of them playing out. Was he being over protective? There also wasn't any real announcement to the rest of the crew that she was pregnant. I'm guessing she told the rest of the crew at some other point that we didn't see.

Then later we see that he wrote a letter to TJ before going to use the chair. What did he write to her? What was in that letter?

What does everyone think?
                  Nope, no concealing it so I guess everyone knows
                  overprotective? That tends to go with the territory and given the situation they're in, I can see that only being stronger. I can't wait until the letter contents come out; I think they will at some point or we wouldn't see it at all
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Well, first of all, I totally called the overprotective Young thing. Go me. Me is Awesome.

Secondly, that was a very cute scene. I think TJ is feeling like she can do almost whatever she wants because, hey, she's got his kid; that's the ultimate trump card right there; her confidence was radiating in that scene. I also liked how Young couldn't stop smiling when he was talking to her.
                    I like that too, it was cute I loved how he tried NOT to do it; he had that smile hammered down almost all the way but not quite
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                      I like that too, it was cute I loved how he tried NOT to do it; he had that smile hammered down almost all the way but not quite
                      Too true
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Yeh, it almost looked as though when Young would see TJ, he was happier. So we'll see how the interaction between the two play out over the next few episodes.

Comment

Nope, no concealing it so I guess everyone knows
                          overprotective? That tends to go with the territory and given the situation they're in, I can see that only being stronger. I can't wait until the letter contents come out; I think they will at some point or we wouldn't see it at all
                          And Young's comment to TJ of "we're gonna make this work" in last episode is starting to be seen in the little exchanges between Young and TJ. She wanted to go down to the planet and he didn't want her to go. However I think he assessed the risk and made the compromise for her.

I wonder how many on board know that it is Young's baby that TJ is pregnant with?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                            That's a very convenient excuse to dump all child raising obligations onto the mother and just visit the kid once a blue moon and pay child support. Dead beat father.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                              That's a very convenient excuse to dump all child raising obligations onto the mother and just visit the kid once a blue moon and pay child support. Dead beat father.
                              And when did we get any indication that this is what Young is doing/ will do?

Comment

Working...
                              X