So Perry ..not McKay or Carter .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    Question for you: what if someone has never liked a particular character on SG-1 or SGA? I have never liked Carter, not from Children of the Gods, not ever. Am I not allowed to say so now because I am an SGU fan?
    Uhm, yes? No? Maybe?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by pipi
      Just making sure you're not one of those stalker weirdos that find a Sam Carter poster in their bedroom hot.
      I thought that pinning posters to your bedroom's walls is a teenage thing? I assure you I'm not in my teens anymore.

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Question for you: what if someone has never liked a particular character on SG-1 or SGA? I have never liked Carter, not from Children of the Gods, not ever. Am I not allowed to say so now because I am an SGU fan?
      Err...what?

When did I ever say that people should have nothing but undying love for Carter? In fact I made a point to avoid using any sentiments one may or may not have towards the character in all my posts, bar my own personal sympathy. We all have different likes and dislikes and I have no problem with that. To put it bluntly, I really don't care if you like Carter or detest her. Be my guest and say whatever you need to get off your chest.

The only thing I object to is diminishing her role in the Stargate Program simply because she's not on SGU. Specifically, when people started to claim that she didn't know a thing about hyperdrives when she'd been established as a pioneer and the best (field) expert on them, or that she wasn't that smart when she'd been established as just *that* smart. These are facts and whether you like her or not has nothing to do with it.

I think it's time for me to leave this thread.
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
        Err...what?

When did I ever say that people should have nothing but undying love for Carter? In fact I made a point to avoid using any sentiments one may or may not have towards the character in all my posts, bar my own personal sympathy. We all have different likes and dislikes and I have no problem with that. To put it bluntly, I really don't care if you like Carter or detest her. Be my guest and say whatever you need to get off your chest.
        I think, before you depart, you should read your own post again. Here it is:
        Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
        As a Carter fan, SG-1 fan and SGU fan I had no problem with Perry being in this ep - on the contrary, I liked it. But I wish people would stop putting down SG-1 characters - or even fabricate their own history - just to show how "superior" SGU and its characters are. It's totally unnecessary. You can love both of them, you know.
        You said you wished people would stop putting down SG-1 characters to show how good SGU characters are. Well, speaking of fabrication ... Petra, I don't see any 'put down' of SG-1 characters to show how superior SGU is. Where has anyone done that? You've done it again in this post. I didn't say you said people had to have undying love for Carter. All I asked is if someone disliked a character from the get-go (and I used Carter as the example because I dislike her and always have done) are we not allowed to say so anymore if we're SGU fans?

Comment

Working...
        X