Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny goes on the offensive... did you notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny goes on the offensive... did you notice?

Did anyone notice the absolutely bada** move Destiny pulled while fleeing the Blues? Just as its FTL engines came online and it jumped, a handful of alien transports were preparing to land so they could board. But when the ship shot to lightspeed, it obliterated the transports all at once.

I don't have a screenshot of it, but I saw it and thought it was a great touch, especially considering that we learned in "Divided" that anything near Destiny when it jumps into FTL is destroyed.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

is a very rude collection but here is :

i'm sorry i don't have my adobe premiere in this computer to upload a video cut
    Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

I hadnt thought of this untill now but was the repare droid destroyed because of the jump to FTL?

Comment

Repairs had been done for awhile I think so it was probably back on board.

Comment

Originally posted by Kratine View Post
          I hadnt thought of this untill now but was the repare droid destroyed because of the jump to FTL?
          Good question (and thanks for noticing this s09119 as I didn't).

If it was destroyed, we'll probably find out next episode. I'm thinking that it was, and that they'll have to send people out there next time (like they were thinking about doing until they brought up the robot as a better solution)
          Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
            Good question (and thanks for noticing this s09119 as I didn't).

If it was destroyed, we'll probably find out next episode. I'm thinking that it was, and that they'll have to send people out there next time (like they were thinking about doing until they brought up the robot as a better solution)
            Maybe it's still out there performing it's last command (repair the ship). It would be amusing if the crew had forgotten all about the robot and in the second season, they realise some sections of the ship previously unaccessible have become accessible again as the robot had been repairing the ship and sealing all the holes in the hull (like the 2 holes made by the blue aliens) all this time.

Comment

yeah i loved that scene! I'm actually really starting to like the destiny more and more. Its a great design.
              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Remember in Divided when the shuttle's docking clamps wouldn't lock: Eli hypothesized that the shield would not envelop the shuttle and it would be vaporized when Destiny jumped into FTL without it. It seems the Smurf's little ships were destroyed because they were too close to the destiny when it jumped into FTL.

Comment

was the repare droid destroyed because of the jump to FTL?
                  Scott was flying the bot around when in space. I just figure that since Scott was back on the ship when the attack was starting that the bot was also back on board, I cannot figure they would want to leave important tech like that behind..... Rush would have a stroke.
                  " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
                  - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

I think they mentioned that Scott was going to return to take the trip down to the planet (which is now infested with blue aliens), whilst the robot stayed behind to attempt to repair the ship.

If the robot had already finished repairs, then they wouldn't need to go down to the planet anyway and scout for long-term viability like they were planning to do.
                    Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky View Post
                      Remember in Divided when the shuttle's docking clamps wouldn't lock: Eli hypothesized that the shield would not envelop the shuttle and it would be vaporized when Destiny jumped into FTL without it. It seems the Smurf's little ships were destroyed because they were too close to the destiny when it jumped into FTL.
                      Yup. Just like in BSG when a ship jumps to FTL right next to another one, there is some collateral damage.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/74751-Robot.

as i said there maybe the robot have a program to return inside the ship , but i think that Scott grab him before he came back
                        Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Sweet. Didn't notice the alien ships exploding due to Destiny jumping on first viewing. Very cool.
                          sigpic

Comment

I noticed. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky View Post
                              This.

Greened.
                              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Working...
                              X