This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pay scale of Characters on Destiny ?

how much do you think Eli, rush, scientist get payed for being on the ship? i think Eli is categorized as an apprentice, gets payed 60% of full scientist wage and gets an extra 10% each year until full pay is reached. Chloe does not get payed or gets minimal wage because she is civilian and helps with odd jobs nothing important of what i can remember. and the military i think is similar to Canadian forces pay scale witch i have the link to and
    http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb.../index-eng.asp
    this contains pilots, doctors as well. this is monthly and in Canadian funds go to class C or regular forces for monthly pay. what do you think they are being payed?

I don't think they are too concerned with pay seeing as they are half way across the galaxy.

Comment

The military wage will already be set, and the civilians will presumably get paid whatever they were contracted to receive. Chloe was working for her father, so she probably doesn't get anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        I don't think they are too concerned with pay seeing as they are half way across the galaxy.
        More like halfway across the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Solokiller View Post
          More like halfway across the universe.
          Whoops, yeah that's what I ment to say .

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            The military wage will already be set, and the civilians will presumably get paid whatever they were contracted to receive. Chloe was working for her father, so she probably doesn't get anything.
            Lol, poor Chloe. Everyone else will at least have some cash to show for getting stuck on the other side of the universe while she gets to bring home daddy's corpse.

Comment

There are a lot of different possibilities. It would depend on what kind of employee these people are. Government employees in the US are paid via the GS scale:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/html/gs.asp

What level you are depends on education and experience.

Senior scientist pay scale:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/html/SLST.asp
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

haha I don't think she'll get to bring home that... Remember they said that they "took care of it"

But it didn't look like she needed the money anyway, and Im sure the military would give her some compensation, I doubt there is a set wage for Eli and Chloe anyway given they weren't technically employed by the airforce, but they'd be "taken care of" all the same
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

The IRS will meet them at the end of the universe no doubt!
                  sigpic
                  Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

don't they all get double pay for being deployed "overseas"
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

They probabily got
                      Family sep allowance for those with dependents,
                      OHA (overseas housing allowance) or BAH for those who lived off base (or had their spouses off),
                      BAS
                      I cannot see them getting it as a tax free zone, or hazard duty zone (since it was supposedly a secret facility).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                        the only one who should be concerned is scott.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          the only one who should be concerned is scott.
                          And Eli. His salary goes towards his mother's health care bills, don't they?

Comment

Chloe Armstrong is a special case. The military and civilian contractors would have their pay go to dependents at home just as before the attack on Icarus. Then we have the secret and we have to account for a missing US Senator and his daughter. Congress might, probably decide to keep the pay for both going to the senator's widow, although it is possible he could be declare presumed dead in a few years at which time insurance pay outs for father and daughter to Mrs Armstrong would kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                              There are a lot of different possibilities. It would depend on what kind of employee these people are. Government employees in the US are paid via the GS scale:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/html/gs.asp

What level you are depends on education and experience.

Senior scientist pay scale:

http://www.opm.gov/oca/10tables/html/SLST.asp
                              I doubt Eli would be at the GS-05 since he's a college dropout. He'd probably be the lowest paid amongst the crew. If the scientists have a Ph.D. I think their entry level is at the GS-11, although somebody like Rush could easily be pulling down much higher like a 13 14 15.

Would people working for the SGC, stationed offworld get the cost of living increase as if the were in the Denver metro area?

Originally posted by Taiko View Post
                              Chloe Armstrong is a special case. The military and civilian contractors would have their pay go to dependents at home just as before the attack on Icarus. Then we have the secret and we have to account for a missing US Senator and his daughter. Congress might, probably decide to keep the pay for both going to the senator's widow, although it is possible he could be declare presumed dead in a few years at which time insurance pay outs for father and daughter to Mrs Armstrong would kick in.
                              The Legislative Branch does not use the GS system, that's only for white collar executive pay. Every Congressman and Senator, as well as Congressional committees operate as individual offices (although the Library of Congress and Architect of the Capitol are different but still part of the Legislative Branch). They hire and fire staff as well as set the pay rates; most of the money comes from money allocated by each chamber to its members, with more senior members and members of the majority party, getting more (e.g. the Speaker of the House would have the most, whereas a freshman Republican would have the least).

Comment

Working...
                              X