i find the galaxy they are exiting more interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find the galaxy they are exiting more interesting

This galaxy look like a ring which is going around a core with very bright light and in between a space like void I had to pause the first part of the episode for several minutes just to look at that galaxy. it would make a good desktop wallpaper and the next galaxy looks like the typical spiral galaxy like the Andromeda
    Continuing Stargate
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Don't judge a book by its cover?
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I actualy like spiral galaxy's...a galaxy with a round shape an a massive center like the one they just left means that the level of light and radiation is high on most of the planets except outter rimm worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
        I actualy like spiral galaxy's...a galaxy with a round shape an a massive center like the one they just left means that the level of light and radiation is high on most of the planets except outter rimm worlds.
        which may also mean the super massive black-hole at the centre of the galaxy probably has brought a lot of the galaxy substances at collision near or around the centre of the galaxy.

which means by the way, a lot many planets including its habitats and stargates may not live to see the next million years (or may b a 100 years idk) ......

meh, what a waste....

Comment

screenshots

http://i43.tinypic.com/e7l47l.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/mrpr4h.jpg

the next galaxy they are heading to

http://i41.tinypic.com/vp7u69.jpg
          Continuing Stargate
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Added some green to you dude, great pics
            One Ring to rule the Dark Side
            sigpic
            Sith Nazghul

Comment

we 'll see !
              Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Thanks for the pics Shinto-Male. I seem unable to add reputation (probably something to do with Probie status). Would if I could ;-)
                Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                  which may also mean the super massive black-hole at the centre of the galaxy probably has brought a lot of the galaxy substances at collision near or around the centre of the galaxy.

which means by the way, a lot many planets including its habitats and stargates may not live to see the next million years (or may b a 100 years idk) ......

meh, what a waste....
                  No worries - galaxies don't change that quickly.

The largest super massive black hole we know of is about a billion solar masses, but since it's so dense, its event horizon is only 3 billion kilometers in diameter, which is about the size of Uranus's orbit. That's pretty tiny compared to the size of a galaxy. Since gravity falls off as distance-squared, after less than a light year, the gravitational acceleration due to the black hole would be less than what you feel on Earth.

The centers of galaxies are usually pretty inhospitable anyway - I doubt the Ancients went anywhere near it when planting gates.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

The largest super massive black hole we know of is about a billion solar masses, but since it's so dense, its event horizon is only 3 billion kilometers in diameter, which is about the size of Uranus's orbit. That's pretty tiny compared to the size of a galaxy. Since gravity falls off as distance-squared, after less than a light year, the gravitational acceleration due to the black hole would be less than what you feel on Earth.

The centers of galaxies are usually pretty inhospitable anyway - I doubt the Ancients went anywhere near it when planting gates.
                    Say that again. This time in English
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Galaxy live long time. Don't worry. Be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Say that again. This time in English
                        It was in English ;-) Maybe that says something about me that I understood it... spend too much time reading Sci-Fi (if it's possible to spend too much time reading Sci-Fi!)

Basically:

A super massive black hole is still tiny compared to the size of a universe. After a light year (which is the distance that light travels in a year), the gravitational pull in towards the black hole that you'd feel would be even less than the gravitational pull that holds everyone here on the Earth so we don't go floating off into space. It's still there, but it's not enough to cause any trouble to the Destiny unless it comes within that light-year range of the black hole.

And even without a black hole in the centre... the centre of a galaxy is no place for a life-supporting planet, so the Ancients wouldn't have put gates there at all as they only put gates on life-supporting planets.

We need the Kinos because after such a long time, they might not support life any more even though they originally did (or showed promise of supporting life in the future).

LOL
                        Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Thanx for that nice piece of information. I hav almost totally forgotten the high school mass/acceleration mathematics. lol. anyways @ what speed our sun orbits this milky-way galaxy ? and whats our distance from the centre?

Man a galaxy may live longer , but i am more worried about the planets and solar systems. obviously lots of them collide while orbiting the centre.
                          not to mention earth was saved by heavier masses a few many times while those meteoroids where on crash course.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                            Thanx for that nice piece of information. I hav almost totally forgotten the high school mass/acceleration mathematics. lol. anyways @ what speed our sun orbits this milky-way galaxy ? and whats our distance from the centre?
                            Speed: ~220 km/s
                            Distance from center: ~26000 light years

We're safe. For now. (dun dun dun)

Man a galaxy may live longer , but i am more worried about the planets and solar systems. obviously lots of them collide while orbiting the centre. not to mention earth was saved by heavier masses a few many times while those meteoroids where on crash course.
                            Ah, that's another thing. Stars in a galaxy are actually very far away from each other. Even in the galactic center, there is still just under a light year between stars on average, and that's a HUUUUGE distance. But you're right with the asteroid thing. Thank goodness for Jupiter!

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
                              It was in English ;-) Maybe that says something about me that I understood it... spend too much time reading Sci-Fi (if it's possible to spend too much time reading Sci-Fi!)

Basically:

A super massive black hole is still tiny compared to the size of a universe. After a light year (which is the distance that light travels in a year), the gravitational pull in towards the black hole that you'd feel would be even less than the gravitational pull that holds everyone here on the Earth so we don't go floating off into space. It's still there, but it's not enough to cause any trouble to the Destiny unless it comes within that light-year range of the black hole.

And even without a black hole in the centre... the centre of a galaxy is no place for a life-supporting planet, so the Ancients wouldn't have put gates there at all as they only put gates on life-supporting planets.

We need the Kinos because after such a long time, they might not support life any more even though they originally did (or showed promise of supporting life in the future).

LOL
                              It was me joking because PG15's amount of physics jargon in his explanation.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X