Flying Keno Bomb idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipi View Post
    how about strap some paints to the kino and use it to graffiti the alien ships. :O) pwnd
    well ok then! y not just shoot paint balls at the alien ships insted of little bursts of dim light.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fmbchris View Post
      it would work better in a vacuum... no resistance... the gate on the planet was not in a vacuum
      Excuse me? Explosions actually are less effective in a vacuum.

Comment

It would be less effective over long ranges in a vacuum, but over short ranges (A few metres) it wouldn't make too much difference I don't think. The force in a C4 detonation is caused by the superheated gas particles expanding outwards rapidly, and the gas in question is produced upon detonation of the explosive. So it would still pack a hell of a punch up close. But as there would be no air particles to propagate the shockwave, it wouldn't have a very large damage radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
          This. Explosives use pressure waves to do damage (unless specifically designed to use shrapnel). Surface explosives use air as the medium, torpedoes use water. Without a medium to transfer the force, it fizzles out very quickly.

On a related note, they probably didn't bring all that much C4 with them. It probably wasn't on the list of emergency evac supplies, and a lot of what they did bring, probably went into that explosion a few episodes back. If they strapped everything they had left onto a Kino for one "big" bang in space, then they're dumber than anyone could give them credit for, and too-stupid-to-live if they try to make more than one flying bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
            ok . thanks for the clarification. Im no expert, But there was an atmosphere on the other side of the gate not a vacuum.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
              This. Explosives use pressure waves to do damage (unless specifically designed to use shrapnel). Surface explosives use air as the medium, torpedoes use water. Without a medium to transfer the force, it fizzles out very quickly.

On a related note, they probably didn't bring all that much C4 with them. It probably wasn't on the list of emergency evac supplies, and a lot of what they did bring, probably went into that explosion a few episodes back. If they strapped everything they had left onto a Kino for one "big" bang in space, then they're dumber than anyone could give them credit for, and too-stupid-to-live if they try to make more than one flying bomb.
              ha! ok and Im sure thats true but you just dumbed all space special effects down for me, I will pick them all apart from now on. hey thats impossible! no not today!
              sigpic

Comment

Kino firing laser is much useful than C4. At least, it could neutralize multiple threats before the team arrived on the other side of the gate.

Comment

But there was an atmosphere on the other side of the gate not a vacuum.
                  That is not what I was contesting. I just dislike it when false assertions are made, because it spreads misinformation.

Comment

it would work better in a vacuum... no resistance... the gate on the planet was not in a vacuum
                    Against what? The shrapnel from a tiny Kino? What's that going to do?

Comment

Ruin their paint job obviously. They'll be so embarrassed... All the other smurfs would start laughing at them and forget about Destiny.
                      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
                        Ruin their paint job obviously. They'll be so embarrassed... All the other smurfs would start laughing at them and forget about Destiny.
                        Don't you know the Smurf aliens are perfectionist? If the kinos paint "I Love You" on their ships, they'd be so embarrassed they would have to go home and wash it off before attacking Destiny again.

Comment

It may be time for the crew to take apart a keno and mate it with a bit of C4. Painting a face on the thing may give it some personality. a mad keno! Use it to blow the stuffing out of those alien ships on the other side of the gate.
                          Sounds like a good substitute for drones. Painting faces on the kinos would be a fun group activity for the crew as well.
                          41F54JJEYCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
                          After hitting the intended target:
                          pp-wilson1.jpg
                          Originally posted by Descended
                          That blackhole was awfully weak, since the last blackhole they encountered practically stopped time in the SGC through a wormhole linked to a planet that was merely orbiting a blackhole, yet they flew almost into this one and all that happened was Teal'cs voice got a little deeper.

Comment

Working...
                          X