No announcement yet.

The Sombrero Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Sombrero galaxy image corresponded with the galaxy they came FROM. Not going to. But yeah... that is a beautiful pic.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Thanks for the new desktop wallpaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
        Thanks for the new desktop wallpaper!
        Heh. It is pretty cool looking.

I'm stickin with my Hubble Ultra Deep Field image, though. Find a new galaxy to look at every time I boot my computer.

Comment

Nah, you guys are right, they look NOTHING alike.

...even if it isn't supposed to be *the* Sombrero galaxy, they look EXACTLY alike. So many people arguing just for arguments sake, why can't you just say to the OP, "Wow, you're right, thanks for pointing that out! I didn't know it was based on a real galaxy".

Comment

Because he's wrong. He thinks that just because they look alike means that the on in Universe represents the same one IRL, throwing continuity out the window.
            Very stupid conclusion tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Flibby View Post
              Because he's wrong. He thinks that just because they look alike means that the on in Universe represents the same one IRL, throwing continuity out the window.
              Very stupid conclusion tbh.
              Could you repeat that without the unjustifiably large amount of arrogance and snobbery?

Where, oh King of Everything and Knower of All, is your proof that it is NOT the Sombrero Galaxy?

(Notice how douchey that sentence looks? That's how your post looks to other people.)

Edit: Could you also explain how it throws continuity out the window? That statement doesn't really make much sense given that we have *no* frame of reference for where they are other than a VERY approximate statement from Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post

It's kind of fun to try and spot things like that.
                I thought so too; also thought fans might like to download images that were likely used in their favorite shows.

However, it looks like some people just can't be happy with freebies.

Comment

The galaxy Destiny left was a lenticular one. There are many galaxies alike in the universe.
                  How about this one??
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NGC_7049
                  It's farther than Sombrero.
                  Another one even farther http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_0644-741 , but this one looks more like an Ori ship
                  It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
                  -Dexter-

Comment

Working...
                  X