Blue Aliens cant dial the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Aliens cant dial the ship?

They knew the location, obviously they sent their ships there, as such even without a dhd or kino pad they should have been able to manually dial the gate to the location where the ship was located...or are you telling me they have speeds equal to destiny with their ships but they have no idea how all the stargates work?

Maybe the Universe gates are incapable of manual dialing just like the Pegasus gates
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Maybe the Universe gates are incapable of manual dialing just like the Pegasus gates
      But they're spinny! And I bet dollars to donuts there's some sort of power source under the little ramps the gates are up on.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Its possible they dont have that ability....yet. Look at what we know. They have been following Destiny in ships of their own. The probably know that the there is a connection to Destiny and the gates. They know that we can operate the stargates, using the network, and accessing Destiny with them. We are using a DHD, operating on a subspace link connecting to the network. Eventually they will hack the subspace link. There have been at least 2 planets that we know of where the Blues were investigating the gates. Its only a matter of time.

Comment

In the previews for season 2 * Mod edit : late S1 ep(s) of S1
          Spoiler:
          there is an episode where the blue aliens step thru the gate onto destiny. So it's gonna happen soon.

Mod insert : Spoiler tags mandatory for future ep plot points and discussion.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 07 May 2010, 10:01 PM. Reason: *Second edit to correct the eps being previewed.TY Mattsilver3k !

Comment

Wow spoiler tags?

Comment

Does Destiny's gate address shift (relative to local gates, not point of origin/Earth gates) as it moves? If it does, that could go a long way to explaining why they haven't been able to dial the ship up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob2687 View Post
                Wow spoiler tags?
                Fixed !
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
                  In the previews for season 2
                  Spoiler:
                  there is an episode where the blue aliens step thru the gate onto destiny. So it's gonna happen soon.

Mod insert : Spoiler tags mandatory for future ep plot points and discussion.
                  They're actually the previews for the back half of season 1, not season 2.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Thanks ! Will fix that edited post accordingly.

Edit : Done .

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
                      Does Destiny's gate address shift (relative to local gates, not point of origin/Earth gates) as it moves? If it does, that could go a long way to explaining why they haven't been able to dial the ship up.
                      I think they are just using the same address the used in Air to get their, only they dont need the extra power b/c they aren't dialing a massive distance. Im not 100% on that though just an assumption

Comment

From what we've seen so far, Destiny's gate address has remains fixed for millions of years regardless of its physical location. If and how the aliens get their hands on the address is a different matter.

Comment

Spoiler for something they showed in the preview for the season? Obviously they want fans to know about it. They put it in the PREVIEW!! omg =)

Comment

Just because previews include some spoilers for unseen episodes doesn't mean this Forum supports untagged spoilers.

We have a longstanding policy of trying to protect members who don't want to be spoiled rotten ahead of airing time in the US/other countries.

Check out the GW policy and let's keep this thread on topic.

Comment

Well, in Atlantis, they mentioned how they can lock out gate addresses from dialing in, so I'm guessing it kind of works the same here? Destiny only accepts dial-ins from the remotes?
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                              X