So...where's Franklin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...where's Franklin?

Franklin finally woke up, somewhat...and now has vanished. Where do you guys think he went? Did he ascend? Did he somehow become one with the ship?

Also, is it possible that he, not James, was the one who somehow sabotaged the engines? It seems unlikely, but I like to consider the options.

Answer
    Spoiler:
    franklin acended. he was all glowy and floaty just like oma desala

Oh snap, now rush will totally want to sit in the chair again!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
      Answer
      Spoiler:
      franklin acended. he was all glowy and floaty just like oma desala

Oh snap, now rush will totally want to sit in the chair again!
      Perhaps, though I don't think ascension is Rush's personal goal as much as helping to advance mankind's ability to do so. But....we still aren't exactly sure what he wants.

Comment

Whatever happened to Franklin, I hope we find out for sure sometime soon.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rename this thread to "How can the fat man disappear"?

Spoiler:
          Ascension machine, Rush is gonna go nuts, bonkers.
          sigpic

Comment

I really doubt that the SGU team would pull the Ascention trick already. That goes against the deus ex machina style they've employed thus far in dealing with the troubles on board the ship and crew. Plus was there any mention in the show that that chair had anything to do with ascention instead of simply being a repository?
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
              Rename this thread to "How can the fat man disappear"?

Spoiler:
              Ascension machine, Rush is gonna go nuts, bonkers.
              IF you're right, then, yes, he probably will. I hope he doesn't go back to being old Rush, though. It'd be a shame to see him lose his mind/humanity once again in the middle of a scientific discovery fit.

Comment

Another thought. The Destiny carried an antimatter reserve and create a matter antimatter collision with Franklin's body, thus providing the Destiny with the energy it needed to traverse the void.

Comment

I wonder if the room going cold had anything to do with whatever happened to him?

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                    Another thought. The Destiny carried an antimatter reserve and create a matter antimatter collision with Franklin's body, thus providing the Destiny with the energy it needed to traverse the void.
                    How dare you inject real science into the conversation!

But seriously, unless the terminals somehow were connected through a relay to the drives, and some containment field set up, I don't see how that'd be possible. Antimatter/matter collisions even on the microscopic level are huge. Take a 250+ man and introduce him to some antimatter and the explosion would almost certainly take out the entire ship.

Comment

I'm curious as well about the room getting cold right before whatever happened to Franklin.. his voice went almost like a Goauld there when he said "Go" or was it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                        I wonder if the room going cold had anything to do with whatever happened to him?
                        My brother suggested that it had something to do with restricting the speed at which his own mind would be working, while increasing the efficiency of the chair's ability. A very cold climate would cause hypothermia to accomplish just that, and if the chair is anything like Earth computers, it would prevent it from overheatting. Which might suggest it was using a lot more power than usual.

Comment

He is ascended man! or Destiny absorbed his mind then vaporized his body in a puff of steam

Comment

I agree it's a bit early in the game for ascension. I think it's just one of those little mysteries that we'll probably get resolved at some point. Plus ascension just seems too obvious at this point.

I don't have a better theory at the moment unfortunately...

Comment

Well, we have to think about the effect extreme cold has on the body. If it got cold enough, the body would freeze, and you could literally tap it and it would fall into icy pieces. Freeze the pieces, repeat, and eventually there is only itty bitty pieces of Franklin around, which could be evaporated and absorbed by the ship.

Why would the ship do that?

Safety protocol. Ensures that whoever sits in the chair and tries to control the ship, has to make a necessary sacrifice. Would also mean no one else could be in the room at the same time, or they'd die, too.

I doubt Ascension, although it's a possibility. I'm of the "his mind was downloaded into the ship" variety. It'll probably take him time to learn how to adjust being in the ship, and the experience might be maddening. If so, "Pain" could be Franklin somehow inadvertenly passed his madness onto the crew, perhaps trying to communicate with them.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what goes on in "Pain."

Comment

Working...
                              X