Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swan Song (522)

Mighty Avenger
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Default Swan Song (522)

THE APOCALYPSE – The entire season has been leading up to this showdown between good and evil. With the Apocalypse looming, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize they are out of options and make heart-breaking decisions that will change their lives forever. A beloved character is killed. Steve Boyum directed the episode with teleplay by Eric Kripke and story by Eric Gewitz (#522).

Post Viewing Thread Only

Default Re: Swan Song (522)

OMG what an ep i hate that we have to wait for season 6. Was chuck god and how was Sam standing there was it god that brought him back and he doesn't want to see dean so he can live the life he wants. SO MAY QUESTIONS for season 6
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    OMG what an ep i hate that we have to wait for season 6 i only have one question was chuck god
    That's what I wanna know! Because...holy CRAP! Man, what an episode that was!

Btw, how did you watch it so early? I just got through watching it on TV and you posted right before it started... Internet? Different timezone? What?

Sig by ME.

I just posted when it ended it airs from 9-10 on sun TV i am in EST time zone
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Captain

It would make sense for Chuck to have been god this entire time. But where is John if he was in heaven at one point & he was not there when the boys were there ?

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

What a season finale. It definitely did not disappoint, on any level. So Chuck was God, eh? I definitely didn't see that coming. And it looks like Sam and Dean passed the test his sons Lucifer and Michael could not. I really can't wait to see where this takes us next season.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Captain

I feel bad for Lisa though since next season Dean will just leave her again

Quote Originally Posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    I feel bad for Lisa though since next season Dean will just leave her again
    Yeah, something will definitely draw him and Sam back into the hunting game.

"...phu...ah..."

Captain

I say give Lisa super powers so that she can kick Dean's ass. But she is also probably the only female that he has dated who knows about the family business thing

Quote Originally Posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    I say give Lisa super powers so that she can kick Dean's ass. But she is also probably the only female that he has dated who knows about the family business thing
    Nah, that would definitely be "jumping the shark" IMO.

"...phu...ah..."

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Nah, that would definitely be "jumping the shark" IMO.
    Hey maybe God is Lisa lol

That was not how I thought it would go, that's for sure. I kept waiting for Dean to push Sam into the pit and go with him. I didn't expect Chuck to be God from the way the episode started, I thought maybe God was hiding in the Impala or something like that. I wonder if that is the last we've seen of Cas?

Considering that I'm fairly sure that this episode was written before the show was renewed for a 6th season, it would have made a great series finale, except for Sam being in the pit but that was damn good. I can't wait to see where they take us in season 6.

I can just say !!!!! and Holy crap! Kripke is amazing. Really really amazing. I am just whoa!
    And Chuck is definitely God. God with hooker and alcohol problem. Well hey I guess running creation takes its toll on a person.

Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

HOLY S***!!!that was awesome!not at all wat i was expecting from this epsiode very well done and kripke delivers once again,im still hoping cas will be back a little bit and i really hope that we get some answers about chuck being god at some point next season but i am concerned about sam,he didnt look very sam like when he appeared in front of lisa's house im wondering if he starts out as the big bad next season.

Holy crap! That was incredible. I didn't expect it to end this way, really, I didn't. And I am unable to form proper sentences, I guess I need some time.
    The cake is a lie!

WOW, that was something else. A great ending to the story arch, with a nice setup for S6.

So Chuck is/was God. Or is he? Hmmm. It would explain why in The Monster at the End of this Book and Lucifer Rising Dean and Cas managed to change the storyline according to Chuck. In both cases when Dean showed up at Chuck's place, he said that's not how he had written it - and I was wondering what gave Dean the power to override the prophet's vision. But of course God would have been able to rewrite the script, or rather could have kept the real script under wraps. It could have been one way of helping the boys believe that their choices mattered where fate was concerned.

On the other hand - what about the amulet? According to Cas it was supposed to 'burn hot in God's presence'. Why didn't it when Dean was around Chuck?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/MyThunksBanner-1.jpg
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Quote Originally Posted by starg8fans View Post
    On the other hand - what about the amulet? According to Cas it was supposed to 'burn hot in God's presence'. Why didn't it when Dean was around Chuck?
    Maybe the amulet was always just an amulet. Or you have to believe an know that it burns hot in gods presence. Or God wasn't in Chuck at first, or just when he had his visions or when he was writing (that would explain why Chuck didn't believe Sam and Dean that they are in fact Sam and Dean).
    The cake is a lie!

First Lieutenant

Well, that was actually quite poor...

I was expecting a whole lot more than we were given. There were a few twists and turns about the place, but half of what we expected to see never actually happened. It seems obvious that Chuck is God (I do believe that Kripke clearly stated we'd see God in the final episode, and it wasn't Bobby). I find it hard to believe that God would drink Coffee and invite Hookers around though, just doesn't seem in his nature.. then again, what do we know of God?

I liked the twist that now, both Michael and Lucifer are stuck in Hell together, no doubt they will somehow find a way out, though I am curious what happened to Sam and Adam. I'd predict that Sam was 'brought back' by God, and that Adam 'remained dead, but in Heaven'. Seems only fair as he was used by Michael. That being said, it seems we've only got Raphael left as the last Archangel (although Castiel could be one now, as he did state he's been brought back better or something to that extent). Hopefully we'll see him again; I'd actually like to see Raphael again too, and Gabriel (would have thought God would bring him back, but no).

I'm having a hard time seeing Chuck as God. The whole 'Archangels defend Prophets', when it actual fact, they seem to be protecting God himself? So much confusion right there. Regardless, I did expect a bit more from the episode (Cas exploding was cool though). Hopefully season six (and onward) will give us something nice and new to chew on, though I'm willing to bet it'll end up with Dean looking for Sam, or something... can't see how they're going to continue Supernatural with Dean living the happy little life.

It's Probin' Time!

Quote Originally Posted by starg8fans View Post
    Well considering if Chuck is God, he is God, God can do stuff. I'm sure he'd find a way to disguise himself from the amulet.

Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Captain

Did Bobby get his soul back ? & I wonder if Sam is an angel now since they would need a Michael replacement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast