John Druitt/ James Watson Friendship/ Discussion/ Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Druitt/ James Watson Friendship/ Discussion/ Appreciation Thread

I figured i would start a John/ James thread for talk about their friendship and how well they were portrayed.

sigpic

I'm all for that! The scenes between the two of them are some of my favorites in the season one finale. It would have been so easy to play it as mortal enemies, but I'm glad they didn't.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
    "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I loved John and James relationship.... lol!! Just the shots they took at each other while in the Sanctuary and at Bhalasamm.... so great!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
        I loved John and James relationship.... lol!! Just the shots they took at each other while in the Sanctuary and at Bhalasamm.... so great!
        yes, it's a pretty dynamic relationship
        the "elementary my dear Watson" moment was I was ROTFLMAO

Comment

I know. The fact that you get so much emotion pass between the two (I'm thinking Bhalasamm here) after 100+ years shows just how much they cared for each other. They say that pain heals, but I don't think James ever really got over John's betrayal.
          "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton

Comment

none of them did, other than Helen I think James took John's betrayal very hard. James was trying to catch his best friend and he didn't know that. though, I think it was a kick in the ego to learn that it was John.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
              yes, it's a pretty dynamic relationship
              the "elementary my dear Watson" moment was I was ROTFLMAO
              James: Oh shut up.

lmao!! that was classic!!
              sigpic

Comment

Since we're getting 20 episodes this season, I'm hoping for a episode entirely set in the 1800s. One before John was evil, or right when he started going over to the dark side, so that we can get more insight into their friendship.

Comment

That would be awesome, and I hope so too. we got too little of James and John... and I want more!!
                  sigpic

Comment

That would be awesome, and I hope so too. we got too little of James and John... and I want more!!
                    agreed we need more history of The Five and more history of these two I'd like to see how their friendship was before John getting to the dark side. I'd also like to see those scenes Watson was talking about when he and John discussed about who could Jack the Ripper be and why had he changed his killing methods. I guess I'd be very interesting to see John's reactions.

Comment

i would so love to see the conversations they had about the Ripper Case. I can so see John sitting there calmly shooting down James's ideas while all the time knowing what he was doing to his friend.
                      sigpic

Comment

yes! and I'd like to see James all confused by John's attitude. and then when finding out that he is The Ripper to see James reaction because I'm assuming it was a quite dramatic one not only because he was his best friends but also cuz he was so blind into seeing the truth right in front of him, with all that super intelligence power he had.

Comment

yes! and I'd like to see James all confused by John's attitude. and then when finding out that he is The Ripper to see James reaction because I'm assuming it was a quite dramatic one not only because he was his best friends but also cuz he was so blind into seeing the truth right in front of him, with all that super intelligence power he had.
                          I'd like to see how they find out. Did James finally put it together? Did Helen notice changes in his behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
                            I'd like to see how they find out. Did James finally put it together? Did Helen notice changes in his behavior?
                            yes that's indeed something interesting to see. IMO I think Helen was the last one to find out. I picture the men (James, Nigel and Nikola) finding out (have no idea how. perhaps as you say, James put it together, or John made some mistakes and let clues behind to lead to them. I guess Damian have to clear this out) and trying to protect Helen but finally having a meeting or something like that and telling her the truth.

Comment

yes that's indeed something interesting to see. IMO I think Helen was the last one to find out. I picture the men (James, Nigel and Nikola) finding out (have no idea how. perhaps as you say, James put it together, or John made some mistakes and let clues behind to lead to them. I guess Damian have to clear this out) and trying to protect Helen but finally having a meeting or something like that and telling her the truth.
                              I can see that, but I could also see Helen being the first to find out. For one thing, John would try extra hard to keep it from James, because he knew that James was one of the people looking for the Ripper. I think it's easier to believe that John would slip up in front of Helen than in front of James. Also, Helen knew John quite well. The real John. She would probably be the first to notice if he was acting off. In my mind, she thought something was going on with him and started her own investigation.

Comment

Working...
                              X