How can a ship dispatch in ftl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can a ship dispatch in ftl?

I am pretty sure that at the end of this Episode when Destiny was shown in FTL, there was a small ship that dispatched from the Destiny and flew off to somewhere. First I thought that Destiny just send out another Stargate, but later I realised that Destiny cant do that.

Also in a Later episode, a ship would have been destroyed if it wasnt locked to the Destiny (Not protected by its shield) before jumping to FTL. So that would give the same result when unlocking a ship in FTL.

So either it was just to make the last scene more impressiv or there is more behind that.

Originally posted by maximmumrisk View Post
    I am pretty sure that at the end of this Episode when Destiny was shown in FTL, there was a small ship that dispatched from the Destiny and flew off to somewhere. First I thought that Destiny just send out another Stargate, but later I realised that Destiny cant do that.

Also in a Later episode, a ship would have been destroyed if it wasnt locked to the Destiny (Not protected by its shield) before jumping to FTL. So that would give the same result when unlocking a ship in FTL.

So either it was just to make the last scene more impressiv or there is more behind that.
    The shuttle would have been destroyed because Destiny would have rammed into it at lightspeed when it jumped if it wasn't locked down. Falling off the back of the ship is a little different, and my guess is that it would just gradually slow down to sublight speed and then be on its way.

This is just a ship going faster-than-light, after all. It's not in hyperspace or anything, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      The shuttle would have been destroyed because Destiny would have rammed into it at lightspeed when it jumped if it wasn't locked down. Falling off the back of the ship is a little different, and my guess is that it would just gradually slow down to sublight speed and then be on its way.

This is just a ship going faster-than-light, after all. It's not in hyperspace or anything, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.
      The thing falling off could have had its own shields or on-board ftl inertial dampening decelarator doohickey, too.

Comment

I guess you guys are right,(I kind of forgot the difference between FTL and Hyperspace) but then there is still the question what that was. I know the Destiny has its AI, but so far the crew had to do such things manually.

Comment

See the episode "Space".

Comment

Working...
          X