Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dag1701 View Post
    Howdy all, I;m new to this web site.And went to my first Stargate con in Minneapolis this last week end!!!
    It small and a blast! got to chat with the stars more than other shows i had been too. I'll post some pics too as i figure out how.
    howdy dag, welcome:

i know who you are, hahahaha, james from chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexijo View Post
      Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!

Alaina 1
      Alaina 2
      "mint gum & champagne don't mix"
      Brian's all better now
      Alaina 3
      Daydreaming

And on to the dessert party . . .
      OMG, how could I forget Brian spitting out his gum in Chad's hand. Okay, before any one says anything, Chad walked by and pretty much put his hand out there and told Brian to go ahead and spit it out. Champagne and mint gum definitely do not mix!

Your photos are great!

Originally posted by Velvet
      Was anyone else at the convention in Minneapolis on Sunday, to see Joe and David?

I went to the SG convention in Chicago last year and was horribly disappointed, but this convention was fantastic! Small, intimate, and the hotel was SO nice, and the staff was nicer than the ones in Chicago. I'm not sure if it's just because the notification given was so short, or if people want to go for an entire weekend, but having it be less well attended was a boon for the people who showed up!
      I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage.
      For the David and Joe photo ops, some were just hilarious. Once woman wore her 'I Love McKay' shirt - the pic was priceless - David's all happy and puffy like and Joe is bending over sticking his finger down his throat. Later she still wore the T-shirt for her photo shoot with Joe and made him give a 'Thumbs up' sign. Well, Joe did the thumbs up but his face was hilarious, it was a face of a very reluctant thumbs up. I was watching her Joe and David photo and was just on the floor laughing!

I did the MeetnGreet with David and I am glad I did. He's a really interesting guy to talk to. Has alot of stories, made sure that he talked with everyone.

I enjoyed meeting Joe so much more at this convention then I did last summer in Chicago! He's really just a big kid at heart!

I think there were less people at this convention for a number of reasons,
      1) the short notice
      2) Chicago is only two months away and Minneapolis and Chicago would have alot of the same local fanbase
      3) Graduations, school just getting out and an otherwise typically busy weekend.

I'm glad it was small too. It was so much more relaxed, the guest were relaxed and we got to do things that we normally wouldn't get to do like the champagne that was free to us and at the dessert party getting to play Rock Star was alot of fun. The dessert party meet n greet took less than an hour that gave more time for socializing and having fun - Brian and Alaina included! Gary kind of just watched!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 15 June 2010, 07:25 PM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage . . .
        I enjoyed meeting Joe so much more at this convention then I did last summer in Chicago! He's really just a big kid at heart!
        I have to agree about your "Joe" observation. My boys and I went to the Chicago convention last August (our first ever!) and I have to say he was a different Joe there. I was so excited to meet him "face-to-face" and then was kind of let down (o.k., maybe just a tiny bit, but . . . ). I can't really put my finger on what it was, but he just seemed off.

In Mpls he was much more relaxed and laid back. Maybe it was having his trusty side kick with him or maybe the smaller group or maybe having "family" in the audience or maybe lack of hangover . . .

Here's some shots from the dessert party with Brian, Alaina & Gary. My boys thought it was soooo cool that they got to play Rock Band with TV stars

Three on display
        Alaina "failed" (my son helped her get there)
        Brian's rockin
        Group Effort
        Hand cramp (no wonder, the man closed the place down)

I'll try to post more (David & Joe) tomorrow ~ thanks!

Comment

Okay, some pics of Joe and David!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Awesome pix! You must have just been on the other side of the isle from us ~ Row B, 19, 20 & 21 :-)

Comment

A few more!

Spoiler:

This one is David seeing himself!
              Spoiler:

One fan bought the original Iratus bug that was attached to Joe's neck during '38 minutes'. The prop was fragile. She brought it for her photo op with Joe!
              Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

OMG, how could I forget Brian spitting out his gum in Chad's hand. Okay, before any one says anything, Chad walked by and pretty much put his hand out there and told Brian to go ahead and spit it out. Champagne and mint gum definitely do not mix!

Hehe - Chad could be holding a gold mine there! I had people offer me money for the water bottle James Marsters drank out of at his concert. It'd probably break their heart to know it went in the bin

I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage.
                I think I prefer group panels - the guests bounce off each other, they're more relaxed, and when you get two like David and Joe together it's a recipe for hilarity.

For the David and Joe photo ops, some were just hilarious. Once woman wore her 'I Love McKay' shirt - the pic was priceless - David's all happy and puffy like and Joe is bending over sticking his finger down his throat. Later she still wore the T-shirt for her photo shoot with Joe and made him give a 'Thumbs up' sign. Well, Joe did the thumbs up but his face was hilarious, it was a face of a very reluctant thumbs up. I was watching her Joe and David photo and was just on the floor laughing!

They would be great to see - they sound awesome! I like it when we have time to get some original photo ops.
                The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Alaina knows who all her followers are!

Her eyes really lit up when she talked about twitter and her fans on twitter! If I would have remember to bring your handle with me to the Dessert Party (I'm sorry about that, so much was going on) she would have tweeted you from the Dessert Party!
                  That's ok. I've been talking to her over the weekend on twitter anyway and even sent her a link to my photo with David. So I'm sure she knows who I am now!

And if you just told her SG7 said hi, then I'm sure she would have been able to connect the dots that way too.

First time she tweeted back to me I almost went into shock wondering how I was worthy enough to get a reply back from her.

Since then we have tweeted back and forth quite a bit. Not all the time though. And I obviously don't go into shock anymore when she tweets back!
                  My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                  "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!

Alaina 1
                    Alaina 2
                    "mint gum & champagne don't mix"
                    Brian's all better now
                    Alaina 3
                    Daydreaming

And on to the dessert party . . .
                    Awesome pics! Love your ones of Alaina. Especially that third one!

Would love to snurch that third one actually
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

This con was amazing! More to share:

Who are the most adorable boys in the world?
                      Spoiler:

I love watching David say something funny and Joe losing it
                      Spoiler:

Uh, I haven't a clue (but I like it)
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      Sig by im_meli
                      More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

I had a total blast working behind the show! I was the back stage host and loved meeting the stars and VIP's! I also loved hanging out in the bar with some Virgins. It really was a great con!
                        Brian was great at the desert party and the only thing to say is that he enjoyed it so much we had to kick him out to close up!!!! I am so getting him to autograph the guitar in Chicago. That party was my husbands long awaited excuse to buy ROCK BAND and well I guess it was worth it and worth the wait!

Comment

Here's some of Joe & David:

svelt David
                          Joe joins the party
                          and so the giggles begin
                          and I don't know why
                          oh, the stories
                          that they tell
                          with such animation
                          and again
                          silly, silly boys
                          They cracked me up!
                          mutual adoration

And another cute sequence (wish I could remember what the topic of discussion was):
                          Oh, David . . . poorJoe tries to contain his laughter as David continues but Joe can't do it!

Hope you like!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                            This con was amazing! More to share:

Who are the most adorable boys in the world?

I love watching David say something funny and Joe losing it

Uh, I haven't a clue (but I like it)
                            Thanks so much for sharing
                            One must always be improbable – Oscar Wilde sigpic

Comment

OMG Lexijo and Mercury973, those are great!

That was such a fun con. The guys were so relaxed and really enjoying themselves. I went back and looked at my photo ops from Chicago last year with Joe and then from this past weekend. His face was much more relaxed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's some of Joe & David:

Hope you like!
                                I love each and every one of these! So much fun to watch David snark and Joe lose it. Thanks for posting.

OH, and Rosehawk- I finally got to meet you! I might be popping up for Gatecon since I'm only about 2.5 hours away. 75% chance of Chicago, too. More David and Joe!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by im_meli
                                More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X