No announcement yet.

Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a Photobucket dump today. Feel free to snag anything you would like. I was back in Row M, so the pics aren't professional quality, but take them as you wish. All David Hewlett and Joe Flanigan. No SGU.

Photobucket
    sigpic
    Sig by im_meli
    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by chucknician View Post
      Yes, all banners were auctioned off with an autograph ticket and the opportunity to go to the front of the line. Also the stage banners on both sides of the video screen were auctioned off and all guests signed them after their time on stage. They do this at all Creation cons, at least the one's I've attended.

Yes they do...I was just curious whether they would at such a small con given the prices were probably lower - for instance I've seen banners for for over $500 that went for around $200 at the LA con.
      The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
      Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Thanks everybody for sharing your pictures. It looks like it was a great con.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post

Yes they do...I was just curious whether they would at such a small con given the prices were probably lower - for instance I've seen banners for for over $500 that went for around $200 at the LA con.
          I missed all the auctions - too busy! - but heard the banners did go for really cheap. Some under $100 I believe.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
            Creation have been good with personalisations lately - even at Van I think I got everything I wanted personalised. LA is a smaller con and we tended to get actual comments on the autos - which is really nice!

Are those banners I can see on the wall? Did they auction them off?
            I think that they may have had a lot of complaints from fans and guests about that. Since the fans are paying good money for the autographs/autographed photos. And I think that the guests may even feel that the fans are getting the raw end of the deal when the Con organizers are telling them that they can't do personalization. All it does is cheapens the experience. Any of the guests could just "presign" a ton of their photos beforehand. And for many fans, getting just an autograph that isn't personalized can have that feeling attatched. And many like myself prefer them to be personalized as it means more to me, and also lets the guest know that it means something to me, and is not just something I'm going to turn around and flog on Ebay or something.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
              hey rosie:

email me the photo ops when you get them, would love to see them: also does brian have a website?? if so what is it??? if you know?? thanks, your friend james.
              Hey James! I don't know of a website for him but if you are on Twitter and would like to follow him this is his username on there:

@BrianJacobSmith

Can't promise that he will "tweet" back to any of his fans, though you never know. I did't think that Alaina would "tweet" back to me but she had, and the first time she did, I was almost in shock. Since then, anytime she does, I am still a little surprised, but don't go crazy anymore. Best thing to do is just tweet him periodically or tweet in response to stuff he tweets etc. You never know, he may just respond back once or once and a while. I have him on my following list, but I don't see him tweeting as much as some of the others do though.

Hope this helps ya James!
              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                Hey James! I don't know of a website for him but if you are on Twitter and would like to follow him this is his username on there:

@BrianJacobSmith

Can't promise that he will "tweet" back to any of his fans, though you never know. I did't think that Alaina would "tweet" back to me but she had, and the first time she did, I was almost in shock. Since then, anytime she does, I am still a little surprised, but don't go crazy anymore. Best thing to do is just tweet him periodically or tweet in response to stuff he tweets etc. You never know, he may just respond back once or once and a while. I have him on my following list, but I don't see him tweeting as much as some of the others do though.

hi there:

thanks, i will try that. are you going to be at the stargate con in august?? are you gold or perferred??? hope to see you there, james from chicago.

Comment

Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!

Alaina 1
                  Alaina 2
                  "mint gum & champagne don't mix"
                  Brian's all better now
                  Alaina 3
                  Daydreaming

And on to the dessert party . . .

Comment

Was anyone else at the convention in Minneapolis on Sunday, to see Joe and David?

I went to the SG convention in Chicago last year and was horribly disappointed, but this convention was fantastic! Small, intimate, and the hotel was SO nice, and the staff was nicer than the ones in Chicago. I'm not sure if it's just because the notification given was so short, or if people want to go for an entire weekend, but having it be less well attended was a boon for the people who showed up!

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post

@BrianJacobSmith

Alaina knows who all her followers are!

Her eyes really lit up when she talked about twitter and her fans on twitter! If I would have remember to bring your handle with me to the Dessert Party (I'm sorry about that, so much was going on) she would have tweeted you from the Dessert Party!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
                        I missed all the auctions - too busy! - but heard the banners did go for really cheap. Some under $100 I believe.

ARGH! That is an awesome deal!

Comment

Originally posted by james watson View Post
                          hi there:

thanks, i will try that. are you going to be at the stargate con in august?? are you gold or perferred??? hope to see you there, james from chicago.
                          Unfortunately no. Loss of job at the end of this month is going to Eucher that. Will be at GateCon in July though as I already had that paid for.

Do you use twitter?

Comment

Nice pics!!! Sorry about the bald dude in front of you, it was me,LOL!!

Comment

Howdy all, I;m new to this web site.And went to my first Stargate con in Minneapolis this last week end!!!
                              It small and a blast! got to chat with the stars more than other shows i had been too. I'll post some pics too as i figure out how.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexijo View Post
                                Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!
                                Welcome! Glad you had a good time.

Who was the lucky/unlucky (depending on your viewpoint) person who got to have Brian spit his gum into their hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X