Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 411121314 15 LastLast

Thread: Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Anywhere listening to ScottGrimes' Album"Drive"

Default Re: Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Quote Originally Posted by james watson View Post
    hey rosie:

email me the photo ops when you get them, would love to see them: also does brian have a website?? if so what is it??? if you know?? thanks, your friend james.
    Hey James! I don't know of a website for him but if you are on Twitter and would like to follow him this is his username on there:

@BrianJacobSmith

Can't promise that he will "tweet" back to any of his fans, though you never know. I did't think that Alaina would "tweet" back to me but she had, and the first time she did, I was almost in shock. Since then, anytime she does, I am still a little surprised, but don't go crazy anymore. Best thing to do is just tweet him periodically or tweet in response to stuff he tweets etc. You never know, he may just respond back once or once and a while. I have him on my following list, but I don't see him tweeting as much as some of the others do though.

Hope this helps ya James!
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post
    Hey James! I don't know of a website for him but if you are on Twitter and would like to follow him this is his username on there:

@BrianJacobSmith

Can't promise that he will "tweet" back to any of his fans, though you never know. I did't think that Alaina would "tweet" back to me but she had, and the first time she did, I was almost in shock. Since then, anytime she does, I am still a little surprised, but don't go crazy anymore. Best thing to do is just tweet him periodically or tweet in response to stuff he tweets etc. You never know, he may just respond back once or once and a while. I have him on my following list, but I don't see him tweeting as much as some of the others do though.

hi there:

thanks, i will try that. are you going to be at the stargate con in august?? are you gold or perferred??? hope to see you there, james from chicago.

Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!

Alaina 1
    Alaina 2
    "mint gum & champagne don't mix"
    Brian's all better now
    Alaina 3
    Daydreaming

And on to the dessert party . . .

Probie

Smile Joe & David at the Minneapolis Convention

Was anyone else at the convention in Minneapolis on Sunday, to see Joe and David?

I went to the SG convention in Chicago last year and was horribly disappointed, but this convention was fantastic! Small, intimate, and the hotel was SO nice, and the staff was nicer than the ones in Chicago. I'm not sure if it's just because the notification given was so short, or if people want to go for an entire weekend, but having it be less well attended was a boon for the people who showed up!

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by SG7 View Post

@BrianJacobSmith

Alaina knows who all her followers are!

Her eyes really lit up when she talked about twitter and her fans on twitter! If I would have remember to bring your handle with me to the Dessert Party (I'm sorry about that, so much was going on) she would have tweeted you from the Dessert Party!

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Quote Originally Posted by nakedwesley View Post
    I missed all the auctions - too busy! - but heard the banners did go for really cheap. Some under $100 I believe.

ARGH! That is an awesome deal!
    The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
    Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Quote Originally Posted by james watson View Post
    hi there:

thanks, i will try that. are you going to be at the stargate con in august?? are you gold or perferred??? hope to see you there, james from chicago.
    Unfortunately no. Loss of job at the end of this month is going to Eucher that. Will be at GateCon in July though as I already had that paid for.

Do you use twitter?
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Nice pics!!! Sorry about the bald dude in front of you, it was me,LOL!!

Howdy all, I;m new to this web site.And went to my first Stargate con in Minneapolis this last week end!!!
    It small and a blast! got to chat with the stars more than other shows i had been too. I'll post some pics too as i figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexijo View Post
    Hi all! As you can see I'm VERY new here - at least as far as the forum goes. I was also at the convention this past weekend - brought my two boys with - and we had a fabulous time. Here are a few pictures from the Saturday events (boy, I hope this works) . . . enjoy!!
    Welcome! Glad you had a good time.

Who was the lucky/unlucky (depending on your viewpoint) person who got to have Brian spit his gum into their hand?

Quote Originally Posted by dag1701 View Post
    Howdy all, I;m new to this web site.And went to my first Stargate con in Minneapolis this last week end!!!
    It small and a blast! got to chat with the stars more than other shows i had been too. I'll post some pics too as i figure out how.
    howdy dag, welcome:

i know who you are, hahahaha, james from chicago.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

Alaina 1
    Alaina 2
    Brian's all better now
    Alaina 3
    Daydreaming

OMG, how could I forget Brian spitting out his gum in Chad's hand. Okay, before any one says anything, Chad walked by and pretty much put his hand out there and told Brian to go ahead and spit it out. Champagne and mint gum definitely do not mix!

Your photos are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet
    Was anyone else at the convention in Minneapolis on Sunday, to see Joe and David?

I went to the SG convention in Chicago last year and was horribly disappointed, but this convention was fantastic! Small, intimate, and the hotel was SO nice, and the staff was nicer than the ones in Chicago. I'm not sure if it's just because the notification given was so short, or if people want to go for an entire weekend, but having it be less well attended was a boon for the people who showed up!
    I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage.
    For the David and Joe photo ops, some were just hilarious. Once woman wore her 'I Love McKay' shirt - the pic was priceless - David's all happy and puffy like and Joe is bending over sticking his finger down his throat. Later she still wore the T-shirt for her photo shoot with Joe and made him give a 'Thumbs up' sign. Well, Joe did the thumbs up but his face was hilarious, it was a face of a very reluctant thumbs up. I was watching her Joe and David photo and was just on the floor laughing!

I did the MeetnGreet with David and I am glad I did. He's a really interesting guy to talk to. Has alot of stories, made sure that he talked with everyone.

I enjoyed meeting Joe so much more at this convention then I did last summer in Chicago! He's really just a big kid at heart!

I think there were less people at this convention for a number of reasons,
    1) the short notice
    2) Chicago is only two months away and Minneapolis and Chicago would have alot of the same local fanbase
    3) Graduations, school just getting out and an otherwise typically busy weekend.

I'm glad it was small too. It was so much more relaxed, the guest were relaxed and we got to do things that we normally wouldn't get to do like the champagne that was free to us and at the dessert party getting to play Rock Star was alot of fun. The dessert party meet n greet took less than an hour that gave more time for socializing and having fun - Brian and Alaina included! Gary kind of just watched!
    Last edited by Rosehawk; June 15th, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Smile Re: Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehawk View Post
    I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage . . .
    I enjoyed meeting Joe so much more at this convention then I did last summer in Chicago! He's really just a big kid at heart!
    I have to agree about your "Joe" observation. My boys and I went to the Chicago convention last August (our first ever!) and I have to say he was a different Joe there. I was so excited to meet him "face-to-face" and then was kind of let down (o.k., maybe just a tiny bit, but . . . ). I can't really put my finger on what it was, but he just seemed off.

In Mpls he was much more relaxed and laid back. Maybe it was having his trusty side kick with him or maybe the smaller group or maybe having "family" in the audience or maybe lack of hangover . . .

Here's some shots from the dessert party with Brian, Alaina & Gary. My boys thought it was soooo cool that they got to play Rock Band with TV stars

Three on display
    Alaina "failed" (my son helped her get there)
    Brian's rockin
    Group Effort
    Hand cramp (no wonder, the man closed the place down)

I'll try to post more (David & Joe) tomorrow ~ thanks!

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

Okay, some pics of Joe and David!

Spoiler:

Awesome pix! You must have just been on the other side of the isle from us ~ Row B, 19, 20 & 21 :-)

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

A few more!

Spoiler:

This one is David seeing himself!
    Spoiler:

One fan bought the original Iratus bug that was attached to Joe's neck during '38 minutes'. The prop was fragile. She brought it for her photo op with Joe!
    Spoiler:

OMG, how could I forget Brian spitting out his gum in Chad's hand. Okay, before any one says anything, Chad walked by and pretty much put his hand out there and told Brian to go ahead and spit it out. Champagne and mint gum definitely do not mix!

Hehe - Chad could be holding a gold mine there! I had people offer me money for the water bottle James Marsters drank out of at his concert. It'd probably break their heart to know it went in the bin

I saw Joe and David on Sunday and they were fantastic. I saw Joe in Chicago last year and while he was fun, he was alot more fun in Minneapolis - I'd say more playful, a bit more open about his stories and language! I think he and David work really well together on stage.
    I think I prefer group panels - the guests bounce off each other, they're more relaxed, and when you get two like David and Joe together it's a recipe for hilarity.

For the David and Joe photo ops, some were just hilarious. Once woman wore her 'I Love McKay' shirt - the pic was priceless - David's all happy and puffy like and Joe is bending over sticking his finger down his throat. Later she still wore the T-shirt for her photo shoot with Joe and made him give a 'Thumbs up' sign. Well, Joe did the thumbs up but his face was hilarious, it was a face of a very reluctant thumbs up. I was watching her Joe and David photo and was just on the floor laughing!

They would be great to see - they sound awesome! I like it when we have time to get some original photo ops.

Alaina knows who all her followers are!

Her eyes really lit up when she talked about twitter and her fans on twitter! If I would have remember to bring your handle with me to the Dessert Party (I'm sorry about that, so much was going on) she would have tweeted you from the Dessert Party!
    That's ok. I've been talking to her over the weekend on twitter anyway and even sent her a link to my photo with David. So I'm sure she knows who I am now!

And if you just told her SG7 said hi, then I'm sure she would have been able to connect the dots that way too.

First time she tweeted back to me I almost went into shock wondering how I was worthy enough to get a reply back from her.

Since then we have tweeted back and forth quite a bit. Not all the time though. And I obviously don't go into shock anymore when she tweets back!

Alaina 1
    Alaina 2
    Brian's all better now
    Alaina 3
    Daydreaming

Awesome pics! Love your ones of Alaina. Especially that third one!

Would love to snurch that third one actually

This con was amazing! More to share:

Who are the most adorable boys in the world?
    Spoiler:

I love watching David say something funny and Joe losing it
    Spoiler:

Uh, I haven't a clue (but I like it)
    Spoiler:

Sig by im_meli
    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ