Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Minneapolis Convention June 12-13 2010

Wow, Creation is bring back the Minneapolis conventions only this time it's Stargate and not Star Trek!

An opening in our schedule has allowed us the opportunity to come to the great city of Minneapolis with a brand new Official STARGATE Convention!

The dates are June 12-13, 2010 at The Minneapolis Marriott City Center and our first two guests are JOE FLANIGAN (Atlantis star) and BRIAN J. SMITH (Universe star).

More guests and events are to come within the several days but we wanted to give you an early heads up! Tickets also to go on sale soon!

Thanks,
    Your friends at Creation Entertainment for
    The Official STARGATE Convention in Minneapolis

It's short notice so I hope they get convention goers, especially since Minneapolis is near Chicago!

I love having a convention so close to home!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

If only I would win the lottery..................
    I would love to go to the Con and then shopping at Mall of America!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Wow, Creation is bring back the Minneapolis conventions only this time it's Stargate and not Star Trek!

An opening in our schedule has allowed us the opportunity to come to the great city of Minneapolis with a brand new Official STARGATE Convention!

The dates are June 12-13, 2010 at The Minneapolis Marriott City Center and our first two guests are JOE FLANIGAN (Atlantis star) and BRIAN J. SMITH (Universe star).

More guests and events are to come within the several days but we wanted to give you an early heads up! Tickets also to go on sale soon!

Thanks,
      Your friends at Creation Entertainment for
      The Official STARGATE Convention in Minneapolis

It's short notice so I hope they get convention goers, especially since Minneapolis is near Chicago!

I love having a convention so close to home!
      wow, hi rosie, cool. i'm happy for ya. thats why i only go to the ones in chicago, coz i'm actually live like 20 min away from the hotel. hope they get some good guests for ya are you gonna go??? james from chicago.

Comment

Has anyone been to a Creation con in Minneapolis? Is it a big or small venue? Any info would be great! I'll be curious to see how they pull it off with such short notice.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakedwesley View Post
          Has anyone been to a Creation con in Minneapolis? Is it a big or small venue? Any info would be great! I'll be curious to see how they pull it off with such short notice.
          I have been to a Creation convention in Minneapolis years ago, that convention was for Star Trek and I would say it was the same venue as the Chicago convention. This is Stargate though, I don't know how popular Stargate is around here compared to StarTrek. I am not familar with the size of the location.
          I would say that since this one is only two days - there is a Twilight convention going on the same weekend which is probably how they are going to pull it off - they are already at the Hotel and something must have opened up for them to try this! Since the notice is rather short, less than two months, I would say it's going to be a somewhat smaller one than Chicago.

Originally posted by james watson
          wow, hi rosie, cool. i'm happy for ya. thats why i only go to the ones in chicago, coz i'm actually live like 20 min away from the hotel. hope they get some good guests for ya are you gonna go??? james from chicago.
          Thanks James. I don't live too far away from Minneapolis so no hotel room or transportation costs, Yeah! I suspect alot of the guests are going to be the same ones in Vancouver and probably Chicago. I hope they can get David Blue. I'd be SO HAPPY if they could get David Nykl!
          I can only go on Saturday, Sunday is my daughters graduation party and that's just a tad bit more important!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RinkRat View Post
            If only I would win the lottery..................
            I would love to go to the Con and then shopping at Mall of America!
            The Mall is probably how they are getting the guests to come here on such short notice!
            sigpic

Comment

It looks like a nice Marriott - except it's not close to the airport and there are no free shuttles...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                It looks like a nice Marriott - except it's not close to the airport and there are no free shuttles...
                The airport is near the Mall of America and is actually closer to Bloomington then Minneapolis. I'm surprised about their not being free shuttles, that's kind of a bummer.
                I hope to check the hotel out in the next week or two to see where it is located exactly and what it looks like!
                sigpic

Comment

The airport is near the Mall of America and is actually closer to Bloomington then Minneapolis. I'm surprised about their not being free shuttles, that's kind of a bummer.
                  I hope to check the hotel out in the next week or two to see where it is located exactly and what it looks like!
                  There is train service from the airport I believe. I haven't been to MSP in many years since I was looking at colleges.
                  sigpic

Comment

There is train service from the airport I believe. I haven't been to MSP in many years since I was looking at colleges.
                    There is Light Rail somewhere from the airport to various spots in Minneapolis. I am not sure how how close the hotel is to the Light Rail. All stuff to check out in the next few days. I'm going to have to check out the parking situation as that is also an issue since I'd only be going for the day and evening activities. You don't want to be on the Light Rail when a Twins game is going on as then it would be hard to get on the Rail with luggage.
                    sigpic

Comment

There is Light Rail somewhere from the airport to various spots in Minneapolis. I am not sure how how close the hotel is to the Light Rail. All stuff to check out in the next few days. I'm going to have to check out the parking situation as that is also an issue since I'd only be going for the day and evening activities. You don't want to be on the Light Rail when a Twins game is going on as then it would be hard to get on the Rail with luggage.
                      I'll appreciate all the details (hopefully Creation posts more soon). As far as luggage goes, I travel light and should be able to manage with a backpack.
                      sigpic

Comment

Weird, I could have swore I saw a Twilight convention the same weekend but I guess not, that convention is in September. It looks like the date was changed so maybe I just saw something before they got the website changed, or then again maybe I was just too excited about having a convention near here and didn't read it right.
                        Maybe that's what opened up the door for Stargate!
                        sigpic

Comment

The hotel website also mentions the Super Shuttle. More expensive than light rail, but would be door to door. A convenience I myself would probably appreciate, since I've never been there before.

Creation has updated the website to include the hotel info. $109 isn't bad, but I can get $104 with my AAA membership. Still no word on tickets yet, and Gary is waiting for confirmation on what day Joe is coming. He did say Joe would be doing a private event. I didn't ask about Brian. *cough*
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's a link to the Minneapolis Marriott City Center

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...t-city-center/

The link does provide transportation information. You can get on it from the airport.
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 04 May 2010, 07:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Weird, I could have swore I saw a Twilight convention the same weekend but I guess not, that convention is in September. It looks like the date was changed so maybe I just saw something before they got the website changed, or then again maybe I was just too excited about having a convention near here and didn't read it right.
                              Maybe that's what opened up the door for Stargate!
                              I heard from someone that the main guests had to cancel so they moved/canceled the Twilight con. I'm sure that's how they suddenly had room for Stargate. Better that than lose their deposit on the hotel, etc. I'd expect.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X