Ruin planet gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruin planet gate?

I may have missed something, but I recall last week's episode having the stargate close to the ruins entrance that collapsed. In this episode, the stargate on the planet was deep in the forest, in a different area of the ruins area. Was this addressed, just a production goof, or did they not show the gate last week on the ruin planet? I thought it was out in the open, but in this episode it seemed to be in the same position as all the other gates.

As I recall, the first scene of the away team being on the planet had them walking in from the woods towards the ruins. It was not in the shot.

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Comment

and who knows how far they traveled underground? they may be far to the other side of the ruins.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nindif View Post
        and who knows how far they traveled underground? they may be far to the other side of the ruins.
        That doesn't make a difference, because they're still on the same planet. Irrespective of where they surfaced, the stargate is still going to be in the same place.

I just checked the episode... the first scene we see of the planet is from Kino-vision, of them walking in a field away from a forest. So it's probably safe to assume that the stargate is inside the forest, and therefore it's not a "production goof"
        Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranded View Post
          That doesn't make a difference, because they're still on the same planet. Irrespective of where they surfaced, the stargate is still going to be in the same place.
          True, but say they walked 200 metres from the gate to the ruins and then several hundred meters more while underground. That would account for Greer's seemingly long trek from the exit of the ruins to the gate. That's (I think) what the OP was getting at; That Greer seemed to take a lot longer to get back to the gate than the 4 of the, took when getting to the ruins. Agreed that there's no plot hole though.

Comment

Ok so it was just me. I thought I remembered a scene of James above the ruins with a stargate in the background somewhere last week. I was wondering why there wasn't already a topic about it, but that''s cause it was just my fault!

Thanks.

Comment

The trip to the ruins in Human was probably "edited for time."
              The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                Ok so it was just me. I thought I remembered a scene of James above the ruins with a stargate in the background somewhere last week. I was wondering why there wasn't already a topic about it, but that''s cause it was just my fault!

Thanks.
                Sleep easy, I doubled checked for you, the rescue party headed by James was shown walking towards the tunnel hole with no stargate insight. What appeared to be a stargate was the camera guy down inside the hole filming up towards the light, and it caught the tunnel roof.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  What appeared to be a stargate was the camera guy down inside the hole filming up towards the light, and it caught the tunnel roof.
                  That reminds me, I saw the camera crew in this episode while they were in the cave... completely in shadow, but they were definitely there.

This is from when David Blue (Eli Wallace) is explaining the range of the stargates with his stick and two rocks on the floor. I don't have an editor to add a red circle or anything, but when I was watching I thought that it was one of the camera crew in the background. I suppose there's a chance that it's Greer though... what do you think?

Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                  X