No announcement yet.

Getting them back onto Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one and only way that Eli, Scott and Chloe can ever get back is by hitching a ride on an FTL capable starship otherwise they are forever stuck in that galaxy. I'm certain the writers will either have them kidnapped by the blue Aliens or they make contact with yet another space faring race capable of getting them there. Point is there is no dialing out of this one, the Stargates will be of absolutely no use to them to get to Destiny period.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

i reckon that the space dolphins bring them with them when they come aboard

Comment

I think doing a "Midway" is not that farfetched. In my opinion, I think the aliens are using Chloe as a spy within Destiny's ranks, and they'll help her get to Destiny, their sole purpose. They might harvest a ship and program it to get to Destiny placing it in between. Then they dial space gate where they are stored and then sent to the Destiny. This'll probably be a Chloe episode regardless where they try to find out what Chloe knows. Or she might just do a hitchhikers with the aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          i reckon that the space dolphins bring them with them when they come aboard
          You reminded me of... So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
          Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            I think doing a "Midway" is not that farfetched. In my opinion, I think the aliens are using Chloe as a spy within Destiny's ranks, and they'll help her get to Destiny, their sole purpose. They might harvest a ship and program it to get to Destiny placing it in between. Then they dial space gate where they are stored and then sent to the Destiny. This'll probably be a Chloe episode regardless where they try to find out what Chloe knows. Or she might just do a hitchhikers with the aliens.
            Chloe seducing the blue aliens that kidnapped her in order to hitch a ride back to Destiny now there's an angle!
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Originally posted by rvi9981 View Post
              Would it be possible to just gate back on destiny? I mean it seems they are stuck between the void between galaxys cant they just go to the edge of the current galaxy with the map Eli has and use the gate to get back on board before they leave the galaxy??????
              I believe that is exactly what they're going to do. I won't mention any spoilers that I've read, only my speculation here. Basically, I think Destiny will stop or be stopped at the very beginning of the episode, for one of two reasons. Either way, she will not have travelled far enough in FTL to be out of gate range and they'll dial back.

It doesn't matter if they've crossed beyond the "edge" of the galaxy already, as long as they haven't exceeded the maximum range of the closest planetary gate. That range almost certainly extends some distance beyond the galaxy boundery.

Comment

or the Blue Aliens could be studying a stargaze on board one of their ships that just happens to be between Destiny and an accessible planet (for Eli and gang) at the edge of the galaxy....

..actually I'd like to see this scenario play out

Comment

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                  I believe that is exactly what they're going to do. I won't mention any spoilers that I've read, only my speculation here. Basically, I think Destiny will stop or be stopped at the very beginning of the episode, for one of two reasons. Either way, she will not have travelled far enough in FTL to be out of gate range and they'll dial back.

It doesn't matter if they've crossed beyond the "edge" of the galaxy already, as long as they haven't exceeded the maximum range of the closest planetary gate. That range almost certainly extends some distance beyond the galaxy boundery.
                  One problem with that scenario is that specifically the Destiny's gate does not seem to have much of a long range whatsoever when it drops from FTL because if it found a gate it usually does it within the system that has the planet housing that gate. The reason for this is probably power, the ship does not have enough power to form a stable wormhole between Destiny and another star system with a gate other than the one they have dropped from FTL at.

Comment

@RJLCyberPunk:

That, or the Destiny does have enough power to reach slightly longer ranges, but it holds it back by default so that it can keep reserves for a battle. I'm sure the ancients would have a way of overriding it and pumping as much power into the gate as possible, to get a bit more distance out of it.

Whether that extra distance is just a couple more systems, an extra galaxy, or all the way back to Earth... we'll have to wait to find out (if it fact my theory is even correct).

Comment

@RJLCyberPunk/Stranded:

But in this scenario it's not the Destiny gate who's range and power we're concerned with. It's the planetary gate that has to be able to reach the ship, and we know those can dial gates between solar systems at the very least.

Think back to Air part 1 and the Icarus gate dialing Destiny. All the power for that connection came from the dailing end, not Destiny.

Comment

Hmmm maybe eli and co will gate back to the planet where the people who wanted to stay behind are. They would go to take the damaged ship, to try and get it working again. When they arrive, they find out something bad is happening on the planet, so the original people who stayed also come along.
                        Perhaps insert a quick hop to other planet where old alien ship is, salvage some parts to make a super duper ftl drive.

Catch up with destiny, save the day, then all sit down for tea and biscuits!

Comment

If I were them...

I'd head back to the abandoned smurf ship, set off the homing beacon as rush did and wait.

Smurfs are obviously VERY interested in Destiny and I have information they want. Where it is, how to board it, etc.

Maybe I can barter. Maybe just get captured, studied and killed. Maybe I'm just along for the ride and have an opportunity to get a distress signal to the Destiny's crew. Big risks involved.

While highly risky, I see little choice. The smurfs are the only thing I know of, capable of reaching Destiny now. That's where I'm headed.

Comment

Finally a Cliffhanger where I crave for the next episode. The crew has various problems now and getting back to the ship seems to be the smallest one.

They wont make it to the next Galaxy without sufficient power, though the ancients must have anticipated(dont know how to write that) this scenario, which begs the question how this can even be. The Ancients could overwrite the Autopilot, but they still would be stuck in the Galaxy they arrived in. So there got to be something the Crew on the Destiny is overlooking. (Maybe a version of the ancients Wormhole Drive is installed onboard). It is going to get interresting since I dont think Rush will disable the Autopilot so soon in the Series. The countdown is one of the major changes and also build a lot of pressure. It would be stupid to kill that aspect.

I don`t think that the blue Aliens will bring them back to the Ship, it just happened the same way a few episodes before and the writers seem to be more intelligent than that.

The gate would be the most probable way, though if the Destiny is outside of the galaxy, there is no way a adress could be established. If I understand right how the Stargate works, then it uses Starformations to create adresses. This would also mean that the Destiny adress changes every time they drop out of FTL. Not sure if thats the case though. So without stars near the Destiny this could be difficult.

That doesn´t leave much possibilities. It would be weird if they could repair the Blue ones shuttle without any knowledge on their Tech. I surely wont miss next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by phillip View Post
                              Hmmm maybe eli and co will gate back to the planet where the people who wanted to stay behind are. They would go to take the damaged ship, to try and get it working again. When they arrive, they find out something bad is happening on the planet, so the original people who stayed also come along.
                              Perhaps insert a quick hop to other planet where old alien ship is, salvage some parts to make a super duper ftl drive.

Catch up with destiny, save the day, then all sit down for tea and biscuits!
                              Only thing is that the Planet some People stayed on has no Stargate since it appeared after the Stargate placing ships been in the galaxy. So they will stay there for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                                @RJLCyberPunk/Stranded:

But in this scenario it's not the Destiny gate who's range and power we're concerned with. It's the planetary gate that has to be able to reach the ship, and we know those can dial gates between solar systems at the very least.

Think back to Air part 1 and the Icarus gate dialing Destiny. All the power for that connection came from the dailing end, not Destiny.
                                Sorry, I was speaking in general terms and not actually on-topic (i.e the team of 3 returning to Destiny). You're right, it's not the Destiny's power that we're concerned with in this case.

But, keep in mind that the Destiny's power reserves can be used to power the gate even if it's on the receiving end. All that needs to be done is for the dialing gate to make a connection, and the Destiny can take over power requirements if it is capable of doing so.

One example of this is if the receiving end has a black hole. The effect of the black hole on the event horizon prevents the dialler from shutting down the gate unless drastic action is taken (e.g. detonation on event horizon). They cut all power to the SGC and the gate still stayed active. Pretty sure there was an example without a black hole as well, but I can't remember what the reason for it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X