Getting them back onto Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting them back onto Destiny

Would it be possible to just gate back on destiny? I mean it seems they are stuck between the void between galaxys cant they just go to the edge of the current galaxy with the map Eli has and use the gate to get back on board before they leave the galaxy??????

Originally posted by rvi9981 View Post
    Would it be possible to just gate back on destiny? I mean it seems they are stuck between the void between galaxys cant they just go to the edge of the current galaxy with the map Eli has and use the gate to get back on board before they leave the galaxy??????
    destiny already left the galaxy and the remote stopped showing the gate address for destiny. as of this moment the trio is stuck.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

do you think they could have used the gate to get more closer to destiny??????? somewhere closer to the void between both galaxys?????

Comment

do you think they could have used the gate to get more closer to destiny??????? somewhere closer to the void between both galaxys?????
        as far as i know the trio was as close as time allowed
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think you're right
          Spoiler:
          since one of the FTL engines isn't working they'll likely be stranded for a time
          Eli, Scott and Chloe will use that time to gate back!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            I think you're right
            Spoiler:
            since one of the FTL engines isn't working they'll likely be stranded for a time
            Eli, Scott and Chloe will use that time to gate back!
            I dont think it will be a quick fix, I would like to see storylines developing from the threesome trying to get back, as long as it doesnt last too long! This reminds me of helo on caprica in the first season and a half of galactica, which allowed him to become such a great character. I'm not sure how it will be done, but would say that i dont think they will get back to destiny before season 2!
            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
              I dont think it will be a quick fix, I would like to see storylines developing from the threesome trying to get back, as long as it doesnt last too long! This reminds me of helo on caprica in the first season and a half of galactica, which allowed him to become such a great character. I'm not sure how it will be done, but would say that i dont think they will get back to destiny before season 2!
              Except Scott isn't nearly as hardcore as Helo. The man was frakking a Cylon Barbie, while suffering from radiation poisoning in enemy territory. Scott's bumping uglies with Chloe, with Eli watching...

Then again...being stuck with those two...

Comment

No, because there are no planets in the void between galaxies so there wouldn't be anywhere to gate to.
                sigpic

Comment

I know it won't happen but if ever a seeder left a space gate or a planet was 'blown away' but the gate remained travelers without a Kino go WHOOPS - DEAD!
                  sigpic
                  Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

In the last episode..
                    Spoiler:
                    Weren't they at the edge of the galaxy? If so, they would have absolutely no chance at getting back to the ship. However, since they are all main characters TPTB will find a way to put them back on the ship. My only hope is that they don't use the same method they used to bring Rush back from the desert planet. That would seem like a cop out and make the blue aliens seem moronic. Letting their prisoner(s) they picked up, escape right to Destiny ...AGAIN.

Comment

@TinyTimm: I doubt they will use the same method as previously with Rush - the directors/writers are smarter than that and they know that their audience is smarter than that. Assuming that the audience will accept the same thing over and over is TV series suicide.

I am interested to see how they do do it though. I've accidentally found a few spoilers I didn't really want to read which offer some possible ways for them to get back... but I won't mention them here.
                      Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I wonder if Eli could use the Blue Alien ship to increase the power of the stargate so the the 3 lost characters could get back to the destiny. (This seems like a long shot)

Another possibility seems to be to fix the damaged alien shuttle and try to get back to the destiny that way. (This seems like an even longer shot)

Dr. Rush has been working on a way to take over manual control of the Destiny. Probably the best option for saving Eli, Scott and Chloe is for the Science team to figure out how to override the autopilot on the Destiny so they can get back inside the Galaxy so that the lost 3 people can be returned. (this seems like the most likely solution)

Having control over when the ship moves on into FTL would be really cool. It would mean that if and when they find a benign sentient race to trade with and get to know, they could put up the "intergalactic parking brake" and stay for as long as they would like to

Comment

Eli, Cloe and Scott will find a power source, gate back to Destiny with power source and take the power source with them on Destiny. Then they will use power source to get Destiny to another galaxy.

OMG how many times did I say power source

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                            No, because there are no planets in the void between galaxies so there wouldn't be anywhere to gate to.
                            Unless, and I'm really throwing out a far-fetched idea here, there are more of those mini solar systems out there on which a gate has been placed..... yeah, I ain't buying it either.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by wordenms View Post
                              Having control over when the ship moves on into FTL would be really cool. It would mean that if and when they find a benign sentient race to trade with and get to know, they could put up the "intergalactic parking brake" and stay for as long as they would like to
                              Keep in mind that most of the crew (with the possible exception of Rush) want to get back to Earth as quickly as possible. Any stops they make to talk to an alien species would probably be along the lines of finding out if the aliens have some way of helping them to return home. That's always going to be their goal...

Unlike previous episodes in SG1/SGA, they're probably not that willing to stick around and be friendly with everyone if it's going to hold them up on their way back.

Although, Rush did give the impression that they'd be willing to trade with alien species in "Divided". I suppose if they meet aliens they'll ask two questions (in this order):

1. Can you take us home?
                              2. If not, can you trade us supplies? Water, food (that humans can eat ), etc.
                              Enjoying SGU. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X