Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you took my idea and combined 1 and 2 into one!!

I think THIS review deserves special merit.. Such as the praise for the Young/Oneill scenes.. Or the commentary on Eli/Choloe being off on their own, once again giving us a window into how vast the ship is..

Alaina Huffman’s quiet performance as T.J. deserves serious credit for anchoring the show.
    There were so many great characters in this show, but i have always felt TJ was on of the few, consistently great ones..

In typical Stargate fashion, the first season ends with multiple cliffhangers that place quite a few characters in jeopardy. Let’s do a quick rundown of the different plot threads left hanging:
    This is why i feel that THIS episode was a lot more dramatic than the Siege part 2.. how it ended was pure nail biting..

It’s fitting that “Incursion” concludes with a shot of Young’s hopeless face. He looks up to the sky and prepares to meet his fate. All of the questions about Young’s decisions that I addressed earlier are surely going through his head at this awful moment. The close-up view of utter defeat is a feeling that we haven’t seen from Young. He’s had doubts but has never been so despondent about what’s coming. SGU frequently reminds us that even the best intentions can lead to failure. Young is human and could have acted differently, but it’s easy to say that in hindsight. He can only hope that a last-minute save is on the horizon. Knowing how things work in genre TV, the audience realizes there’s always a chance. That glimmer of hope is missing from Young’s face, though. He’s ready to meet his maker in a matter of seconds.
    And that the show ended on the lights flikkering out ON his despondent looking face, was a far cry from any of the other cliff hanger endings Stargate had... PURE poetry!

Comment

You're too kind! Great point about the lights going out on Young's face at the end. That is a dreary way to end a finale, but also so perfect.

I'm also thrilled (and really surprised) that Joseph Mallozzi actually commented on the site for the first time. It's so cool that he checked out the article.

Comment

Well, all I can say is what an awesome review! You express wonderfully what we're all feeling when watching these episodes. Joe Mallozzi's comment too, I thought that was great that he checked out your review, he really does appreciate good writing.

Reading this review though made me feel really sad again that this quality show was cancelled. We could have had so many more beautifully crafted moments of the characters in crisis like this one.

Comment

WOW> never saw Mallozzi's response.. even though he was there before i commented..!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            Well, all I can say is what an awesome review! You express wonderfully what we're all feeling when watching these episodes. Joe Mallozzi's comment too, I thought that was great that he checked out your review, he really does appreciate good writing.

Reading this review though made me feel really sad again that this quality show was cancelled. We could have had so many more beautifully crafted moments of the characters in crisis like this one.
            I suspect that I'm going to feel that way even more as I get closer to the end of the show. I feel like even one more season could have closed out SGU so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by sci-fi fanatic View Post
              I suspect that I'm going to feel that way even more as I get closer to the end of the show. I feel like even one more season could have closed out SGU so much better.
              So do many of us i suppose..
              I hope you have a large box of tissues to write the finale's review.. You will need them.

Comment

Hello. Just figured I'd check in here since I know it's been more than a year since this review posted. I've gone through all of Season 2 and written my posts, so that's the good news! I still want to edit all of my articles again and am working through that process. All of the articles will end up being published in another form, though I'll be sure to share the news on the forum and on my original blog once that happens. Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                X