• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Subversion' (118) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE UNIVERSE - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 118

Dr. Rush and Homeworld Command investigate when Colonel Telford is suspected of spying for the Lucian Alliance.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 February 2021, 07:29 PM.

Ok so here we are into the final stretch of the first season. We finally got a formidable enemy that is ready to storm Destiny. This episode was fast moving and got right to the point. It was very suspenseful and really kept you on the edge of your seat. I really like the character Kiva, she is ruthless and even killed her own man to show Rush she means business. I've always hoped the stones would be put to better use, well this was perfect.

I loved the tension on the Destiny with Camille being concerned and the rest of the crew being out of the loop. This is not military vs Civillian since Rush is playing a major role in this. So I loved that tension and the final scene was very powerful.

Now getting to the guest roles, Daniel was not really used too well in this ep. Obviously O'neill used Daniel because he trust him. I loved the one-liners from O'neill, "Corporale"? lol. "I know what makes me special". So this felt like classic SG-1 all over again. There was a strong plot, excellent character moments, and something really brewing up.

The only downfall to the ep was the T.J. baby shower. I guess they had to put it in there, but it was limited, thank goodness. I guess that was the SGU twist, lets throw in a baby shower. lol.

Anyway. A episode or 9.5/10, would of given it an A+or 10/10, but because of the baby shower, just felt out of place. I cannot wait for the finale!
    sigpic

Comment

This episode has been my favorite on the show so far! It was so awesome!!

Favorite moments:

"I know what makes me special"
      And all of Daniel's appearance.
      And Rush in general.

I was overjoyed when i saw Jack. Yay!

The baby shower was a little odd, but it was nice. Just maybe woulda been nicer in a different episode.
      Be irrational, eat Pi.

Comment

this was by far my favorite episode.loved every episode so far but wow what an awesome episode and some damn fine acting

Comment

hands down the best episode all season! was absolutely thrilled to see they finally brought Jack to Destiny, would have liked him to have gotten a tour, but I'll take what i can get!

also, finally an enemy capable of doing some serious damage! they keep the episodes going like this and i'll buy TWO copies of season 1 on dvd haha.

anyone happen to know if the finale is one two hour episode all in one night or is it back to back weeks?

Comment

Jack! and Daniel! best part was: I know what makes me special and all of Daniel and Rush
            Last edited by General Jumper One; 21 May 2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

this was a great epsiode and jack was just absolutly awesome in this epsiode as was rhona mitra as kiva.i really like he r character so far and really shows that the lucian alliance is not the joke it was in sg1 at least in my opinion.cant wait for the nect episode!

Comment

I think it was a great episode. The time flew and before you know it , it was over. I hate that it will be 2 weeks before the next episode. I can live with the baby shower since it was short and to the point.

I just hope the shaking camera action sequence when Daniel and the ground assault team was running to catch up to the escaping ship is never going to happen again. I hate it. It distracts from the scene and hard to follow. Keep the camera still so we can follow the scenes.

Comment

Best episode of SGU so far, IMO this felt very much like it could of been a episode of SG1 Season 11 or 12. I got very nostalgic with all the SG1 stuff, Lucian Alliance(including that Bounty Hunter guy form Season 10....forgot his name at the moment), A Goa'uld Cargo ship, Daniel Jackson, Jack O'Neill, and a reference to the Goa'uld and Carter! I loved this episode. I was a bit surprised to see that Telford was the spy....I thought it was someone onboard Destiny. I don't know what I would rate the episode, but it definitely is going to be rewatched!

I hope more episodes are like this in the second season!
                  Last edited by Replicator Todd; 21 May 2010, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with joeynox this was my favorite episode of the entire year and it built up the suspense for a bit of a two-week mini cliffhanger quite well. I'm certainly very interested to see where they go with this, so far this season I've found SGU to be really hit and miss, and I want to see if they're able to maintain this kind of high quality for the remaining two-parter to end Season 1. I thought the Kiva character was suitably ruthless, though in a cliche way. I also found Telford's duplicity curious since it wasn't really telegraphed beforehand, that i could see, I just thought he was a jerk. At any rate I'm excited about what's coming, now let's see if SGU can deliver.

Comment

loved this ep cant wait til next one

Comment

Well this episode was actually better than I expected with plenty of plot twists and action, Commander Kiva was just as ruthless and scary as I ever expected her to be, I did not recognize who portrayed her though it sure did not look like Rhona Mitra though. I was like Colonel Young hoping that Telford was brainwashed but he did turned to be a treacherous turncoat. Whatever valid points he may have had about the way Earth left the rest of the galaxy hanging after the Goa'uld empire was destroyed, were nullified by his actions. Not too mention that the fact that the Stargate program is still a secret kind of limits whatever actions Earth could take but for the mosr part. The Tau'ri have been a force for positive change even in it's limited capacity. It looks like we are headed for the mother of cliffhangers here with another Icaruis planet on the hands of the Alliance.

What Young did at the end sent chills down my spine, the man is totally ruthless when it comes to fighting for the so called "Greater good" the thing is he would not only be killing Telford but Rush as well.

A 9 out of 10 for this one.
                        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Commander Kiva is freaking awesome.

Comment

This may have just displaced "Lost" as my favorite episode of the series so far. More on it later when I've been able to rewatch it.

Current score: ***1/2 or **** out of ****
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

So is Telford a traitor or a brainwashed traitor?

Comment

Working...
                              X