Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this one, but it wasn't above the average.
    I was happy for Chloe that she got some (imagined) time with her dad.

Comment

Really liked this episode. I thought Scott actually might have died there for a moment. I think I liked Greer's breakdown best but the others were cool also. Don't forget the bug spray was the best line for me.

Comment

Paranoia in space- its a popular theme and this was well done. I'm glad there was an actual reason for their paranoia and it wasn't just 'space fatigue' or something.

That has changed the relationship of Camille and Greer. I hoped something like that would happen due to the aggro between them. He obviously feels guilty about hurting her- he's full of rage but not a woman beater. Although I suspect he's an android- he's physically indestructible!

Interesting that when Rush is in trouble, the first person he calls is Young. I thought he'd call his buddy Camille to say what's happening? Are the military in league with the aliens? are you alright?

I wish Young had caught a tick and we'd seen what he was worried about. As usual he was just the observer. And I wish he and TJ would discuss the baby more.

I think Eli and James would make a good couple. They're both a bit innocent and cute.

And why doesn't Eli have girlfriends? He's good looking, kind. A bit chubby but so what?
        ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

After I first saw this episode I was beginning to think Stargate had done more episodes on the 'hallucination' theme than any other over its 3 series run! They certainly got the variation on a theme down to a fine art, how many more ways can you find to get people hallucinating?!

I too would have liked to see Young's 'fears', but unfortunately we don't find out any more about him, it would have been fun to see him really freak out though! Watching Rush lose it was interesting, those blue aliens really did a number on him.

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
            And why doesn't Eli have girlfriends? He's good looking, kind. A bit chubby but so what?
            He's a stay at home geek. That should be enough of an explanation.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to re-watching the finale, which pretty much begins with "Subversion." But first, it's time to watch an episode that felt quite a bit like an SGA episode. Here's my take on "Pain."

Reconsidering Stargate Universe: Pain

Comment

As with the prior ones, i loved it..

Especially the use of the intro and final music, as a basis for why this ep was going to be much different from the others..

That's one of imo the best things of SGU, how they USED the music to help set the stage..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  As with the prior ones, i loved it..

Especially the use of the intro and final music, as a basis for why this ep was going to be much different from the others..

That's one of imo the best things of SGU, how they USED the music to help set the stage..
                  Thanks. I think that SGU sometimes get a little too on the nose with the lyrics of the music, but they set the tone really well. The intro of "Pain" is definitely one of the better examples.

Comment

I would love to know.. How many overall awards FOR musical score has SGU won??

Comment

As always I enjoyed your latest revisit to SGU.

For me the use of popular music was generally well done even though it took a while for me to get used to the fact it was being used frequently. Popular music has never really been used as part of Stargate's storytelling so it just seemed to me like it was jumping on the bandwagon and using it as it was a 'trend' in various TV shows at the time.

Looking forward to your continuing trip though SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                        As always I enjoyed your latest revisit to SGU.

For me the use of popular music was generally well done even though it took a while for me to get used to the fact it was being used frequently. Popular music has never really been used as part of Stargate's storytelling so it just seemed to me like it was jumping on the bandwagon and using it as it was a 'trend' in various TV shows at the time.

Looking forward to your continuing trip though SGU.
                        Thanks! I'm hoping to do Subversion very soon. I feel like the music sometimes felt a bit too obvious, but when it clicked, it added a lot to the show. I agree that it made SGU feel different than the other shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X