• Show
Clear All

That's conjecture. We don't what happened to Franklin's mind
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      That's conjecture. We don't what happened to Franklin's mind
      How else do you explain him showing up later in S2? And only to rush on the bridge?

Comment

The same way Rush's late wife appears on the bridge
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

All in his head then?

Comment

Thanks for checking out the article, garhkal! If you have any chance to spread the word about them, I'd definitely appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
              I liked the episode but it had one of the worst moments in the series. Eli and company just shows up out of the blue after being lost. Their return is done extremely poorly.

Everything else was good to me. It was cool seeing a different side of Rush. Loved the ladies switching bodies and how each handled the situation. The aliens that refuse to give up were nice.
              Yeah on one hand it would have been good to see them resigned to their fate but I suspect there was Budgetary or pacing issues, so perhaps it was written in originally?

There was some tension in not knowing who was dialling in?

This is actually a fascinating episode because of Franklin

Franklin is quite fascinating, at first I wondered if he had "ascended" as his tone in Sabotage was different, but he probably has all the knowledge swimming around and I reckon he physically merged with the ships AI so quasi-ascended

This is why he appeared before Rush in E2 S2 a little different to say Amanda Perry who "merely" had her consciousness uploaded and without the same knowledge. Rush did turn some of the AI off too which may have compartmentalised Franklin?

I reckon Franklin would have come into it a lot more and tied in with the evolutionary journey, in the case of S2 E2 he is giving Rush advice.

Other side of coin is tt is possible that Rush subconsciously noticed the Volcanic atmospheric issues, and the ship AI is plugged into his subconscious after the Chair and so vision Franklin was acting like Jackson was in his dream when he started more overtly pointing to his wife, then his dream wife started directly pointing to the gene

I'm thinking the Dream wife and later the Bridge vision wife are a way the ship attempts to re-engage Rush with his humanity and "conscience", thereby nurturing his evolution

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                Though I think the actress did a great job with her portrait of Amanda, she is too young for Robert Carlyle. I'd wish the casting would at least try to involve more middle aged women as they do this easily with men.
                Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
                Yes, Amanda and Rush look more like student and teacher to me, hmm....

I do reckon Franklin is in the ship now, I've seen loads of sci fi where people merge with ships and other technology.
                Agree with last point, he seems to have physically de-materialised and not just had mind/consciousness uploaded, so an issue of proto-ascension?

Perry and Rush do seem to have a Mentor/Protege relationship, I don't have any issue with it though for the same reason I never had an issue with Young or Johanssen even though that is similar, eg a Colonel is supposed to also act as a mentor to junior officers

Perry and Rush obviously seemed to click over subject matter of similar interest and she probably warmed to him as the Chair and disability became irrelevant unlike with all other forms of personal relationships she had. Aside from Eli she seems to be the only other scientist Rush respects and we can see the mentor/protege relationship balances out when she is merged with the Ship

Her feelings might be slightly emotionall immature and over-attached, but they explore it nicely where she uploads Rush and then starts obstructing Eli's missus etc but this is all part of character development and would have been worked on.

Comment

Working...
                X