Best scene in Human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best scene in Human?

I was rewatching Human and just had to post this. You know the scene where it starts with Rush and his wife sitting down in the park. The violin piece starts and Rush continues his work while his wife is sitting beside him.

The sequence continues in a church during a sermon, then we see his wife being wheeled out of hospital room in a wheel chair (any notice the 46 beside the name Rush on the board behind Rush?) with the music still going strong. It then cuts to the shot of his wife giving away her violin to a young girl. Then finally, we hear the music reach its climax with Gloria breaking down right behind Rush yet he is too busy immersed in his work to even notice.

This scene, where Gloria breaks down is so intense yet so sad. It has to be one the best scenes I've seen in a stargate show. Just felt I had to share that. What an amazing scene.

My favorite scene in the episode is when Rush was talking to Daniel Jackson about how Eli had come in and figured it out after Rush had been working on the proof for 2 years. There was so much emotion when he snapped his fingers. It really stood out to me.

Robert Carlyle is such a breath of fresh air to the entire Stargate franchise. Basically any scene with him takes my breath away.

Comment

"My favorite scene in the episode is when Rush was talking to Daniel Jackson about how Eli had come in and figured it out after Rush had been working on the proof for 2 years."

Yeah, that was great scene too. I think it really shows Rush's frustration having spent all that time away from his wife just to have a "big child" swoop in and solve it.

Comment

My favorite one is at the end when Rush breaks down in front of Gloria.
        I still don't really know if when Gloria speaks it is a recollection of Rush's memories or rather maybe the AI of Destiny, her discussion with Rush sounds weird to me in some way.
        Last edited by Nataku27; 02 June 2010, 11:15 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Ya, it was some powerful music. It didnt get my emotions going for some reason... I actually think i might have prefered the usual Goldsmith Score.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ProclarushTaonasAt View Post
            My favorite scene in the episode is when Rush was talking to Daniel Jackson about how Eli had come in and figured it out after Rush had been working on the proof for 2 years. There was so much emotion when he snapped his fingers. It really stood out to me.

Robert Carlyle is such a breath of fresh air to the entire Stargate franchise. Basically any scene with him takes my breath away.
            that really was a fantastic scene, I agree

I liked how Daniel always seemed to be coming back, reminding him of the things he really should be paying attention to

I also liked this exchange between Young and Brody:
            BRODY: He didn't wanna involve anyone else.

YOUNG: I am in command of this ship, and that means you don't do *anything* without involving me. Do you understand?
            Eli and Chloe were great too. Their kidding around and getting Young to chuckle on top of it all? priceless!
            YOUNG: Well, I don't see how that helps us billions of light years from Earth, but I get it.
            I think he does too

Greer and Eli scene where Greer's claustrophobia comes up was well played as well, and I was impressed that, despite this fear, he went anyway.

SCOTT: We are trapped in an underground tunnel. We were exploring the ruins; Sergeant Greer was forced to fire his weapon; uh, the tunnel collapsed on us. No-one is hurt. Eli and Chloe are looking for another way out but if they can't find one we're gonna need help getting out of here, sir.

YOUNG: Why was Sergeant Greer forced to use his weapon?

SCOTT (hesitating for a moment): There was a ... spider, sir. It was approaching Chloe.

YOUNG: A spider.

SCOTT: It was a sizeable spider, sir.
            Young's face when he hears it was a spider was just wonderful. Sizable spider

JACKSON: I've got some great news. Our source inside the Lucian Alliance has come through. We've got the location of a planet that just might suit our power requirements.

RUSH (flatly): Ah, that's terrific.

JACKSON: Well, I thought you'd be more excited. I mean, it's gonna take some doing. There's a mining outpost being run by a small ...
            This. All of this. It's such a small almost throw away moment but there's lots in there *cue scary music* Especially when you think that Rush is essentially talking to himself

YOUNG: It's not over, son. Don't give up.
            Crap, that still chokes me up
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
            X