TJ and Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ and Young

Can't say I'm surprised to find out that TJ was actually pregnant with Young's baby. What was surprising was seeing how Young reacted to her telling him. He actually took it much better than I had expected. And she was even able to tell him that she was going to be keeping it. To which he said something along the lines of "we'll work through this together". Which I was not expecting out of him. I was half expecting him to be somewhat cold and separated from the situation. Especially given he is commanding officer of the military personnel on board.

What are everyone elses thoughts on it?
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Young is the type of man who takes responsibility for what he has done, so it is not surprising that he told TJ that they would work it out together. That being said, the fact that he is stepping up is going to cause problems for both of them. For one thing, the military has rules about fraternization. Especially with those in the same chain of command. As her commanding officer, Young is going to be in big trouble.
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
    "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

He seem to own up to his faults rather then run from them
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Good of Young not to run away from what he did. Guy may be a little whacko, but he has his decent moments.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

So far, I am happy with how things went. Just wait until the rest of the crew find out though. That should be pretty interesting.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm glad that Young took it as well as he did and wanted to work it out with TJ 'cause frankly I get pretty tired of TV typically showing the guy as being non-supportive in those difficult kinds of situations.

It was obvious that he still cared about TJ and I loved that he hugged her.

It will be interesting how the rest of Destiny responds to the situation. I wonder if they will tell everyone that the baby is Young's, or just keep it to the select few who know, though given the situation it will be pretty tough to keep that kind of information a secret for too long.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

i cant wait for the scene where emily finds out...and telford comes to comfort her

Comment

Congratulations for them both. I'm probably the first one to use that word.

Comment

I'm not surprised that Young reacted the way he did, but then again I'm one of the few here who don't hate Young's guts.

The man's got a lot of stuff on his plate, and adding this to it will be very difficult. You can tell by the face Young makes when he hugs TJ that he is conflicted over what he's gonna do next. Ever since the affair, he's been trying to get back onto Emily's good side and cut romantic ties with TJ, but with this happening things are really messed up now.

But he's a good man IMHO; he will do whatever it takes to protect TJ and the baby no matter how he feels. In fact, I'm going to predict that Young will be overprotective of TJ to the point where she gets annoyed.

Now this raises another question: is this Young's first child? Has he had a child with Emily?

Comment

I like Young, (in fact I think I'm one of very few who like both Young and Rush) but I totally didn't expect him to man up the way he did. I'm glad he's doing the right thing with this. And as another poster said, I look forward to the fall out with Mrs. Young and Col Telford.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                      I look forward to the fall out with Mrs. Young and Col Telford.
                      Bets are on, to see who will be first to break the news to Stargate Command. Funny money on Wray.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        Good of Young not to run away from what he did. Guy may be a little whacko, but he has his decent moments.
                        Really, where can he run to, short of marooning himself on the next planet?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          So far, I am happy with how things went. Just wait until the rest of the crew find out though. That should be pretty interesting.
                          Specifically I'm looking forward to when Wray finds out. I can see her as trying to use it to discredit Young so she can get command maybe.

Comment

I liked how the TPTB handled this particular scene. It wasn't disturbing at all (I was afraid of that)
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

I like Young too although he almost lost me because of what he did in the episode "Earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X