Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After deciding to wait awhile to see if my opinions on all things Smellville would have changed, I can now safely say, I hate the entirety of it more now than ever before.

People say they've ordered DVD's and has fallen in love with it, and that's great; had I done the same, I may have felt that the good out weighs the bad, but you must realize; i was onboard this crapfiesta from early 2001; reading every bit of media released online back then, and to see where it ended up ten years later. l Ewww! I've never missed an episode or season, so trust me, I really, really hate Smallville. It's like sending your kid off to study with Leonardo and Michelangelo and he imitates Andy Warhol.

Now they're on about a season 11 in comic form; crap, I hate comics as much, if not more so, than I hate Smellville. Its strictly manga for me folks. And though i hate supernatural sacrilegious stuff to a murderous degree, that show started off cool, and got better with time, not so with smellville.

Comment

lol. Why torture yourself for 10 seasons?

Granted I sort of did the same thing with Stargate when it got to S7 of SG-1 as I thought it went downhill from there, but I certainly didn't start out hating the show and force myself to watch all 10 seasons.

I enjoyed Smallville for what it was. Around S6 I tossed it to the wayside when it originally aired because I found certain things annoying, but when S9 rolled around I decided to go back and watch the first 8 seasons to refresh my memory and catch up so I could watch S9 live. I watched with a more relaxed attitude, ie ignoring the things I disliked, and found myself enjoying the show for what it was. Yes it could produce really, really lame episodes, but it also had a bunch of great ones.

Personally, I have no interest in the comics.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        lol. Why torture yourself for 10 seasons?

Granted I sort of did the same thing with Stargate when it got to S7 of SG-1 as I thought it went downhill from there, but I certainly didn't start out hating the show and force myself to watch all 10 seasons.

I enjoyed Smallville for what it was. Around S6 I tossed it to the wayside when it originally aired because I found certain things annoying, but when S9 rolled around I decided to go back and watch the first 8 seasons to refresh my memory and catch up so I could watch S9 live. I watched with a more relaxed attitude, ie ignoring the things I disliked, and found myself enjoying the show for what it was. Yes it could produce really, really lame episodes, but it also had a bunch of great ones.

Personally, I have no interest in the comics.
        don't get me wrong, there were always a few nuggets among those bad episodes, and generally, S9 wasn't as bad as 7,8 and 10. But the show had so much potential,and I was waiting desperately for that episode that would make it all better, but alas, that episode never came.

I hated Enterprise and thought the first season was comparable to vomit, but, it got better and better. Sure it wasn't even measurably as good as most of SG1 was, but they attempted a great many things that sucked me in. Sure the Temporal War was so much bullocks, but the Xindi war was really cool. Then there was that episode in a Mirror Darkly, that really redeemed the show for me, even though, it was too late. If you ask me, the problem with Enterprise was the intro music. Now whenever I see it on Syphilis and decide to watch it, I'm digging the music. I've always loved Smallville's intro, and I still do, and a part of me misses what the show could have been, but ultimately wasn't. But by God, the final two hours were the producers crapping in a bag, then dropping it in our laps calling it salad. Even the final Episode of Enterprise with Troi and Riker didn't bother me as much; they set the darkness up to be this thing, then at the last five minutes of the show, Clark Supes out and pushes the planet out of earth's atmosphere and everything is back to the way it was? Were I Stewie, I would have found the producers and clobbered them, or at least hire some one to do it since I'm an incredibly big guy, and my clobbering may kill 'em. Unintentionally of course.

Comment

Working...
        X