Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Booo!

Default Re: Booo!

As a long time fan of Smallville (I recently got seasons 1-8 on DVD to rewatch and hubby to watch for the first time since he's caught epiodes here and there and I'm tired of filling in the blanks when he's got questions) I loved season 9. And I'm loving season 10. I really did NOT like Lois when she first popped up but season 9 made me like her. I do miss Chloe. And this it does seem strange not to have her around and weird having Tess in the Watchtower. However I'm still liking the last season so far. Wish for more Super Girl though.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Honestly, IMO, I think this has been one of Smallville's finest seasons thus far.
    Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Indeed!
    Double Indeed. But to be Honest I think they should have changed the show's title to Metroplis.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Capricorn_One View Post
    Double Indeed. But to be Honest I think they should have changed the show's title to Metroplis.
    I am glad they kept it as Smallville for these final few seasons.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    One of the best comic book storylines of all time.
    Without a doubt.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I regret that I lost contact with smallvile about 2 years ago.
    I have no idea what channel it's on.

First Lieutenant Galileo_Galilee's Avatar

It's on Friday nights on the CW just before Supernatural.

And because of that, my Friday nights are called the S night. It starts with Sanctuary, then Smallville, then Supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
    It's on Friday nights on the CW just before Supernatural.

And because of that, my Friday nights are called the S night. It starts with Sanctuary, then Smallville, then Supernatural.
    Hehe, reminds of having new episodes of SGA and SG1 back in the day on Sc-Fi Fridays.

First Lieutenant

Wow. Sorry for being late to the party, but fighting mental decay is never pleasant, nor does it aides one's persistence---maybe subsistence, in any event; Smallville season 10 was the worst season ever. I hate this show, I hate it, and the final episode was the excrement evacuated by a zombie dog who was constipated for nearly an eon, that is all.

First Lieutenant M-CharmedAlantian's Avatar

Personally in my opinion, I think that Season 10 of Smallville is my all time favorite season. Especially with Chlollie (Chloe and Oliver) now married and have a cute little blond boy who has his own bow and arrow toy. I simply loved every minute of it and now anxiously waiting for the Season 10 DVD to come out

First Lieutenant

After deciding to wait awhile to see if my opinions on all things Smellville would have changed, I can now safely say, I hate the entirety of it more now than ever before.

People say they've ordered DVD's and has fallen in love with it, and that's great; had I done the same, I may have felt that the good out weighs the bad, but you must realize; i was onboard this crapfiesta from early 2001; reading every bit of media released online back then, and to see where it ended up ten years later. l Ewww! I've never missed an episode or season, so trust me, I really, really hate Smallville. It's like sending your kid off to study with Leonardo and Michelangelo and he imitates Andy Warhol.

Now they're on about a season 11 in comic form; crap, I hate comics as much, if not more so, than I hate Smellville. Its strictly manga for me folks. And though i hate supernatural sacrilegious stuff to a murderous degree, that show started off cool, and got better with time, not so with smellville.

lol. Why torture yourself for 10 seasons?

Granted I sort of did the same thing with Stargate when it got to S7 of SG-1 as I thought it went downhill from there, but I certainly didn't start out hating the show and force myself to watch all 10 seasons.

I enjoyed Smallville for what it was. Around S6 I tossed it to the wayside when it originally aired because I found certain things annoying, but when S9 rolled around I decided to go back and watch the first 8 seasons to refresh my memory and catch up so I could watch S9 live. I watched with a more relaxed attitude, ie ignoring the things I disliked, and found myself enjoying the show for what it was. Yes it could produce really, really lame episodes, but it also had a bunch of great ones.

Personally, I have no interest in the comics.
    IMO always implied.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    lol. Why torture yourself for 10 seasons?

Granted I sort of did the same thing with Stargate when it got to S7 of SG-1 as I thought it went downhill from there, but I certainly didn't start out hating the show and force myself to watch all 10 seasons.

I enjoyed Smallville for what it was. Around S6 I tossed it to the wayside when it originally aired because I found certain things annoying, but when S9 rolled around I decided to go back and watch the first 8 seasons to refresh my memory and catch up so I could watch S9 live. I watched with a more relaxed attitude, ie ignoring the things I disliked, and found myself enjoying the show for what it was. Yes it could produce really, really lame episodes, but it also had a bunch of great ones.

Personally, I have no interest in the comics.
    don't get me wrong, there were always a few nuggets among those bad episodes, and generally, S9 wasn't as bad as 7,8 and 10. But the show had so much potential,and I was waiting desperately for that episode that would make it all better, but alas, that episode never came.

I hated Enterprise and thought the first season was comparable to vomit, but, it got better and better. Sure it wasn't even measurably as good as most of SG1 was, but they attempted a great many things that sucked me in. Sure the Temporal War was so much bullocks, but the Xindi war was really cool. Then there was that episode in a Mirror Darkly, that really redeemed the show for me, even though, it was too late. If you ask me, the problem with Enterprise was the intro music. Now whenever I see it on Syphilis and decide to watch it, I'm digging the music. I've always loved Smallville's intro, and I still do, and a part of me misses what the show could have been, but ultimately wasn't. But by God, the final two hours were the producers crapping in a bag, then dropping it in our laps calling it salad. Even the final Episode of Enterprise with Troi and Riker didn't bother me as much; they set the darkness up to be this thing, then at the last five minutes of the show, Clark Supes out and pushes the planet out of earth's atmosphere and everything is back to the way it was? Were I Stewie, I would have found the producers and clobbered them, or at least hire some one to do it since I'm an incredibly big guy, and my clobbering may kill 'em. Unintentionally of course.