This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booo!

BOOO, BOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't want to go off on a rant here, or fall into my Expletive:BMP persona and fire off the expletives, but to say that Smallville has negated into a lame show is inadequate to convey my actual feelings, which is nearer to outright hostility. At some point some one has to go to Warner, or which ever Exec is responsible for this dog mess, and punch them in the face. Perhaps then and only then can responsible episodes be written---not good mind you, I've come to the realization that this will never ever happen any more on this show, but merely responsible episodes. Among the godawful tragedies; Lana getting krypto skin and almost every thing else Lana based. Ripping Doomsday in two and killing his human half, and all of season 9. Sure the first five seasons had a lot of hit and miss episodes, but season seven actually began the slide of doom that has become the walk of shame. Chloe having the super alien computer ability in her head was awesome then they frakked that concept up because like typical children of whom wandered into the woods, TPTB, turned about and ran to their mommies wetting themselves because they thought they saw a boogie man. I haven't seen a bigger cop out since the Atlantis crew found the ascension device then TPTB cowardice ignored the existence of it years later when such a plot device could have made all the difference in the world, and I'm not even going to touch their fear of the Super Ford plot. Not to mention their fear of fully exploring the entire Ascension business. But Smallville could have done better, and they haven't, and probably won't do so anymore, since the episodes has gone from dumb to atrocious. Don't be like Stargate Execs, if your ideas are lame, simply ask for help from the vast fan base, surely some one will have something godlike to share.

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
    BOOO, BOOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't want to go off on a rant here, or fall into my Expletive:BMP persona and fire off the expletives, but to say that Smallville has negated into a lame show is inadequate to convey my actual feelings, which is nearer to outright hostility. At some point some one has to go to Warner, or which ever Exec is responsible for this dog mess, and punch them in the face. Perhaps then and only then can responsible episodes be written---not good mind you, I've come to the realization that this will never ever happen any more on this show, but merely responsible episodes. Among the godawful tragedies; Lana getting krypto skin and almost every thing else Lana based. Ripping Doomsday in two and killing his human half, and all of season 9. Sure the first five seasons had a lot of hit and miss episodes, but season seven actually began the slide of doom that has become the walk of shame. Chloe having the super alien computer ability in her head was awesome then they frakked that concept up because like typical children of whom wandered into the woods, TPTB, turned about and ran to their mommies wetting themselves because they thought they saw a boogie man. I haven't seen a bigger cop out since the Atlantis crew found the ascension device then TPTB cowardice ignored the existence of it years later when such a plot device could have made all the difference in the world, and I'm not even going to touch their fear of the Super Ford plot. Not to mention their fear of fully exploring the entire Ascension business. But Smallville could have done better, and they haven't, and probably won't do so anymore, since the episodes has gone from dumb to atrocious. Don't be like Stargate Execs, if your ideas are lame, simply ask for help from the vast fan base, surely some one will have something godlike to share.
    so im gonna guess your not keen on this season
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Every one is entitled to their opinion, but I started with Season 9 and I now think Smallville is one of my favorite shows of all time. I get excited with every episode in the same way I got with every episode of SG1 which the last time I felt like that was in 2007. I love Smallville.

Comment

I have watched Smallville pretty much from the very beginning. Personally, I still enjoy it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

same here watched smallville since it began on tv, but must say that some of the episodes of the newest sesons have been kinda bad.. episodes that doenst really put forward the story only staling.
          now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

I'm not saying there haven't been hit and miss episodes. Of course there have been. I just think, for the most part, they still tell interesting stories that keep me coming back each week.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Even the "miss" episodes which I can't find () are great! I love that each season has its own arc with certain characters.

Comment

I have always enjoyed Smallville. I have only watched a few S9 episodes but I really enjoyed them all, just haven't had time to keep up with all my shows this year (wonder why ) so I've had to choose a couple to be faithful too and Hulu helps!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  I have always enjoyed Smallville. I have only watched a few S9 episodes but I really enjoyed them all, just haven't had time to keep up with all my shows this year (wonder why ) so I've had to choose a couple to be faithful too and Hulu helps!
                  But Smallville isn't on Hulu! On the CW site.

Comment

I still enjoy the show, no doubt. Although certain story lines and parts of episodes have become rather ridiculous at times. One that really got to me was when checkmate contacted Tess and she escaped her office at the Daily Planet in a secret chute that fired her out onto the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      But Smallville isn't on Hulu! On the CW site.
                      That's why I haven't been able to keep up. I'd say it wasn't a show I couldn't live without. I will not miss SGU, Lost or The Office...everything else has become "if I can" and I got behind on Smallville so stopped watching...I'll try to catch up this summer or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        That's why I haven't been able to keep up. I'd say it wasn't a show I couldn't live without. I will not miss SGU, Lost or The Office...everything else has become "if I can" and I got behind on Smallville so stopped watching...I'll try to catch up this summer or something.
                        I wish you luck with that.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I like others have enjoyed this season. I hope they keep going with the show for a long long time.
                          Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Comment

Originally posted by Lairston View Post
                            I like others have enjoyed this season. I hope they keep going with the show for a long long time.
                            im sorry to tell you this but next season is supposed to be its last
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Oh it figures.

Supernatural will probably be gone too. I' will have lost everything I watch on the networks with 24 being canceled and Supernatural and Smallville going next year.

I'm surprised that 24 and Smallville lasted as long as they have since I liked them. I've been burned so many times with one season cliffhanger shows...
                              Quarrels and Quills needs some talkative members. Check it out.

RPG Tools - need a name. come here

Comment

Working...
                              X