No announcement yet.

Prehistoric Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your momentum is carried across the event horizon, you cant squeeze yourself in there. Once your head is through, you cant control the limbs left behind, it just doesnt make sense.

Hmm, if you stick your head first, like sticking your arm in to keep the gate open, do you slowly fall forward and pass through or do you lose your head after 38 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
      Yeah, we called Scott out on this immediately after it happened:

"Why's he shooting at it? What the hell did that do?!"

"****ing nothing. What an idiot"
      The 'ammo use' thread died awhile ago (I looked and didn't resurrect it) but it was a prime example of an opportunity for ammo conservation. It was only a few bursts buts that's enough.

I'm watching SGA Seige P1 now and Sheppard actually fired at the T-Rex back through the wormhole he just travelled through. That's worse idiocy IMO!
      sigpic
      Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Actually to me it looked a bit like the creature from cloverfield

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
          If I saw that thing and I had a gun I damn sure am gonna shoot it before it shoots fire out of its eyes at me or something.
          Would be funny if it were an actual intelligent being and it was just saying hi, but better to be on the safe side

That would be an awesome twist

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            I still don't know why Scott still needed to shoot at the creature when he was 2 feet from the event horizon. Someone call the SPCA!
            LMAO
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Producers needed something for trailer so they created this monster.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                There have been theories that earth dinosaurs shared more genetic resemblance to a chicken than a reptile. T-rex was actually a super giant chicken that laid eggs and it's feathers have long decomposed for any fossil evidence. I want to see a giant chicken!
                Lizards do lay eggs as well, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                  If I saw that thing and I had a gun I damn sure am gonna shoot it before it shoots fire out of its eyes at me or something.
                  Would be funny if it were an actual intelligent being and it was just saying hi, but better to be on the safe side
                  Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  That would be an awesome twist
                  Yeah, imagine:
                  T Rexy Creature: Hello, I have advanced technologies in my den that can help you get home...
                  Scott: Hmm better run just to be safe...
                  Gate closes
                  T Rexy Creature: Ok fine, go back to your ship your stuck on with no way home

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                    Yeah, imagine:
                    T Rexy Creature: Hello, I have advanced technologies in my den that can help you get home...
                    Scott: Hmm better run just to be safe...
                    Gate closes
                    *T Rexy creature invades Earth*

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Yeah, imagine:
                      Scott: Hmm better run AND SHOOT SOME just to be safe...
                      Gate closes
                      YES it was an alien version of shaggy the dog! Fluffy corpore transmuto.
                      sigpic
                      Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Maybe the stargate was located in a zoo like an attraction. Mean while looking in on the action through wireless camera are highly advanced alien tourists walking around the compound.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Lizards do lay eggs as well, though...
                            But lizards aren't warm-blooded. Nor do they have bird-like legs. On a side-note, if you're watching any recent dinosaur documentaries you might notice that Velocoraptors, for example, are depicted as having feathers.

EDIT: How on Earth and all the planets visited in Stargate do that monster resemble a Tyrannosaurus?

Comment

Working...
                            X