This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sam/jack direction

how do you all think hte direction of hte sam/jack relationship will go in season 8, do you think they will make there feelings towards eachother be known even more or will pete get in there way, and wot do you think sam's reaction wil be when she see's jack better after what after happened at the end on the lost city?

will they get together this season or will they never be together and IF stargate ends this season will same eventually end up with jack or will see go with someone else like pete.

PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEASON 9

id like to see the friendship and support they all get in the series like in death knell, but i think its best for all of them to remain as friends. i dont mind subtle ship and i hope the ptb lock on to this way of thinkin and if they have to follow the ship through they keep it in the subtext.

Also i feel that this thread should not just focus on ship/anti-ship views there are plenty of threads for that elsewhare but just deal with the specific question.

Comment

Originally posted by whitewizard
      how do you all think hte direction of hte sam/jack relationship will go in season 8, do you think they will make there feelings towards eachother be known even more or will pete get in there way, and wot do you think sam's reaction wil be when she see's jack better after what after happened at the end on the lost city?

will they get together this season or will they never be together and IF stargate ends this season will same eventually end up with jack or will see go with someone else like pete.

PLEASE LET THERE BE A SEASON 9

I wont speculate on any specific episode too much. However, I think what they'll probably do is keep S/J low on the back burner after New Order around mid-season I'm guessing they have a few scenes here and there showing that their friendship is still just as strong as it ever was albeit a little uncomfortable in some subjects (Pete).

Then around the 15th/17th episode I'd guess that Sam will finally decide that while Pete maybe a nice guy he's just not the guy that she's looking for.

And around the 18th/19th she'll figure it all out and end up with Jack in time for a nice big TEAM episode to close out the season/series.

Of course I'll probably be completely off, but with the spoilers/hints we're getting, so far, that seems to fit.

As for a season 9 I'll wait and see what happens with s8 before I get too excited about it
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I think that ship is only going to get more and more blatant. Pete will be an obstacle for a while (because that's the sole purpose of his existence), but eventually he's going to get trampled into the ground so that Sam and Jack can be together.

Whether or not Sam and Jack actually wind up permanently together at the end of the season depends on whether or not the show gets renewed. If it does, then they'll have to back off a bit so they can draw it out for another long tedious season. If S8 IS the last season, then they'll wind up together, because that's what TPTB want. Nevermind if it screws up the story, nevermind if it aggravates any fans or turns the characters into masticated oatmeal, come hell or high water and d*mn the world, Sam and Jack WILL be together.

I find it very depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          hell, life gets depressing, get used to it

im thinkin like you it could get worse, stay the same or tptb could see the light and bring it back from the edge

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
            hell, life gets depressing, get used to it
            Hmph! Bite me.

im thinkin like you it could get worse, stay the same or tptb could see the light and bring it back from the edge
            I think it's too late for that. Ship has gotten TOO blatant. Even if they cut it off cold turkey it will all still play as heavily shippy. Every look, every comment, every casual touch, no matter how innocent is forever doomed to be tainted with ship.

Comment

Hmph! Bite me.

ok life might not always be depressing

I think it's too late for that. Ship has gotten TOO blatant. Even if they cut it off cold turkey it will all still play as heavily shippy. Every look, every comment, every casual touch, no matter how innocent is forever doomed to be tainted with ship.
              maybe so but they could at least make a CREATIVE effort to fix their mistakes

Comment

nevermind if it aggravates any fans
                um, find me a show where none of the fans are aggravated
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  um, find me a show where none of the fans are aggravated

Red Dwarf, its too funny to get agrovated with

Comment

Nevermind if it screws up the story, nevermind if it aggravates any fans or turns the characters into masticated oatmeal, come hell or high water and d*mn the world, Sam and Jack WILL be together.

That's how I feel about this whole Chimera/PS issue. Like Sam and Jack didn't have enough obstacles to contend with in keeping them apart, the writers throw in a boyfriend too? And the boyfriend only emphasizes what the shippers are missing with Sam and Jack romance. It's like a slap in the face. I can't empathise with the reasons behind your depression, but I 'do' empathise with your feelings. Such glee.

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      That's how I feel about this whole Chimera/PS issue. Like Sam and Jack didn't have enough obstacles to contend with in keeping them apart, the writers throw in a boyfriend too? And the boyfriend only emphasizes what the shippers are missing with Sam and Jack romance.
                      Much as I love Pete, I almost wish they hadn't introduced him. If he were allowed to develop and be his own character, if he were truly and without question a likeably guy and if he actually stood a chance to actually end up with Sam, that'd be one thing. But it's obvious- to me, at least- that his sole purpose in existing is to be an obstacle. Like you said, there's enough in the way already, why add more? It's almost spiteful and it isn't fair to the characters- any of them- OR the fans. The relationship isn't going to go anywhere. We all KNOW that. The writing staff is rotten with shippers, if you'll forgive me the terminology. They're using Pete, and not in a very nice way. Sam and Jack are doomed- I mean, destined to be together, and while I personally find them repulsive as a couple, I'd rather not see any unnecessary obstacles get in the way. The scheming of TPTB is bad enough without it.

Comment

Red Dwarf, its too funny to get agrovated with
                        Ha, see you could only come up with one! And it's one I've never heard of (not that that means much )

Point was there really aren't many, if any, shows were all the fans are happy all the time.

If they worried about not aggrivating any fans they'd never write anything... which I'm sure some of you wouldn't mind but there are a lot of people who would mind
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

it is unfortunate, that he has been portrayed as an obsticle (i see where you are coming from) he was supposed to be a good guy, but its hard to see him in that perspective, because he is being portrayed as an obsticle

Comment

he was supposed to be a good guy, but its hard to see him in that perspective, because he is being portrayed as an obsticle
                            He's supposed to be a nice guy, but they've manipulated it carefully so that he isn't so nice and all of their comments about him are less than positive. All those "stalker" comments and the "cloying boyfriend" bit. If Pete was REALLY supposed to be a possible match for Sam, they'd be a lot more supportive.

Comment

He's supposed to be a nice guy, but they've manipulated it carefully so that he isn't so nice and all of their comments about him are less than positive. All those "stalker" comments and the "cloying boyfriend" bit. If Pete was REALLY supposed to be a possible match for Sam, they'd be a lot more supportive.
                              it unfortunatelly seem to becoming obvious he is being set up as 'the fall guy'

Comment

Working...
                              X