No announcement yet.

I know how they get back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation as to how Scott, Eli and Chloe get back to Destiny?

Spoiler:
    The simplest explanation is when Destiny’s FTL drive cuts out they redial the gate and simply go through the gate. I think this scenario is too pat to make a satisfying conclusion.

What I would like to see is they gate back to the planet that has the downed alien spaceship and attempt to repair it. While Eli attempts to make sense of their systems Chloe discovers that as she studies the readouts she can read their language and understand their technology. They speculate that the thought transfer device that she was subjected to must have worked both ways and have transferred some of the alien’s knowledge to her. They disarm the alarm device that had notified the aliens of Rush’s presence and then proceed to fix the ship. The ship takes off and Scott pilots the ship to rejoin Destiny which the ship’s sensors have shown is currently stopped in the void. That scenario would be cool but may be a bit of a stretch to swallow.

Another possible one would be to again return to the alien ship and discover that Destiny is stopped in the void. They then proceed to remove the ship power supply which luckily happens to be portable and return with it to the gate closest to Destiny. They connect it to the gate and use it to augment the gate’s power extending its range and allowing it to connect to Destiny and boom - they are home. If they wanted to get past the whole portable part they could add that it was lucky that Eli and Chloe were able to modify the anti-gravity floor plating of the ship into a sled to transport the device with.

Comment

It'll be something to do with the two blue lines we saw on the galaxy map thing on the alien space ship.
      The inner line will be the edge of that galaxy, the outer line the max range of the gate network.
      The aliens will attack and Scott/Eli/Chloe will find a way to save the day...

Comment

They went back to the planet with the alien ship on it... What if they go back to the planet with the alien obelisk and live happly ever after with the humans there.

Comment

Fixing the Blue alien ship idea is an attractive solution. Since the ship has tracking device to locate the Destiny and Hyperspace engine that could run faster than FTL. If that happens, Scott's team still can get into the "left-behind" Dr. Caine's group and replenished food supply before chasing Destiny in time. Elli and Chloe would be satisfyingly happy having a side project to decipher the Blue alien ship technology to be used against them.

Comment

I think the writers were planting the seeds for the next episode, Sabatoge, in this episode. The power fluctuating, radios/kinos not charging, etc are signs that someone is messing around with the Destiny systems. The full effect of their Sabatoge is more then likely set to go into full swing when the Destiny jumps into FTL to go to the next galaxy.

When that happens, the Destiny address will show back up on Eli's little computer and they will be able to gate to the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
              I think the writers were planting the seeds for the next episode, Sabatoge, in this episode. The power fluctuating, radios/kinos not charging, etc are signs that someone is messing around with the Destiny systems. The full effect of their Sabatoge is more then likely set to go into full swing when the Destiny jumps into FTL to go to the next galaxy.

When that happens, the Destiny address will show back up on Eli's little computer and they will be able to gate to the Destiny.
              I hope their solution is much more creative than that.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                They went back to the planet with the alien ship on it... What if they go back to the planet with the alien obelisk and live happly ever after with the humans there.
                I don't recall that planet had a stargate. It was a shuttle only commute. Nice idea but no banana.

Comment

Anyone think it's a rather old convient plot device to bring in the blue aliens when someone gets left behind and they want to bring them back to destiny. I was hoping for a more intuitive way to get them back or leave them there for more than just 2 episodes. This blows.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor's Son View Post
                    Anyone think it's a rather old convient plot device to bring in the blue aliens when someone gets left behind and they want to bring them back to destiny. I was hoping for a more intuitive way to get them back or leave them there for more than just 2 episodes. This blows.
                    Umm... No one knows for certain how they get back this whole thread is in fact a sham because how they really get back has not been made public, all there is, is nothing but pure speculation. Hell we can speculate that they all turn into the so called Space dolphins which I have no idea what they are and like that return to Earth safe and sound. See how easy is to speculate?
                    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                      It didn't have a gate on, they had to shuttle down.

Comment

Working...
                      X