I know how they get back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how they get back!

Duh...its quite easy now that i think of it.
    Destiny's FTL drive gets sabotaged and it drops out of FTL before they jump to another galaxy, thus allowing Eli to dial the ship again.

Cookie please!

I think you are right. *gives cookie*

Comment

Seems a bit too simple to me. I had an idea that the planet they're currently on turns out to belong to the super powerful race that built the faith planet and
      Spoiler:
      As we see in next weeks preview the blue aliens show up again, attacking the destiny, have the Super race save the destiny and drop off the 3 stranded then leave without saying anything, not giving the crew a chance to ask for help home

Comment

Thats if the "God Aliens" are still in this galaxy/"plane of existance"...
        Also the Smurf aliens might have FTL drives capable of jumping to another galaxy aswell.

Comment

1x16 preview gives it away. Scott, Chloe and Eli can thank the blue guys.

Comment

Agree with Swarm. I posted the same idea last night, in another thread.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post11465383

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
              Duh...its quite easy now that i think of it.
              Destiny's FTL drive gets sabotaged and it drops out of FTL before they jump to another galaxy, thus allowing Eli to dial the ship again.

Cookie please!
              Seems too easy. It probably has something to do with the blue aliens but I don't think that is how it will happen
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe rush finally cracks the code and has the ship turn around. I doub't if it does drop out of FTl it is still in range.

Comment

the aliens have placed a virus onto Destiny. the ship goes into intergalactic FTL, it breaks down. desperate for help, the trio goes to the alien ship again, knowing that it's their only chance. the blues use their knowledge to catch up. but they have a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    the aliens have placed a virus onto Destiny. the ship goes into intergalactic FTL, it breaks down. desperate for help, the trio goes to the alien ship again, knowing that it's their only chance. the blues use their knowledge to catch up. but they have a plan.
                    Where did you get this info? Or is it just speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Maybe rush finally cracks the code and has the ship turn around. I doub't if it does drop out of FTl it is still in range.
                      I hear you, but it seems to me that the main and secondary topics of the next episode aren't about rescuing Chloe, Scott and Eli, so it must happen early on. Plus, we know from some of the spoilers that
                      Spoiler:
                      Eli is back aboard and propositioned by the visiting scientist in Wray's body

If you consider that after the jump to FTL, the only thing that happened was Eli saying something like "They just jumped. We must have just missed them. That's it, we're done!" That scene took what, maybe 10 seconds max? How far could the destiny possibly get in 10 seconds? This is pure speculation, but I'm doubtful that the ship could get out of gate range that fast, given that the SGU gates are capable of reaching planets at least in the next solar system, if not farther.

Comment

Where did you get this info? Or is it just speculation?
                        the most likely scenario my mind made up.

Comment

How far could the destiny possibly get in 10 seconds?
                          not very far. ten planets. what's the common distance between stars? 5 LY's? then that alley would be perhaps 70 or so lightyears long, for as far as we could see. so not very far.

Comment

How long should we Expect them to be in the void? with only FTL or was the point that Rush made in Air that Destiny didn't need to open a Hyperspace Window first to enter HS FTL.?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the blue aliens have something to do with them getting back
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X