The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Force Unleashed II

I was a little underwhelmed with the first one (especially with all the hype it got), but it was still kind of fun to play.

So, let's talk TFU2! Post news here, post hopes/wants/demands here, discuss news items! Do it all

Lucasarts has released a pretty awesome cinematic trailer for it.

And the loose premise of the game is that SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    Vader takes the corpse of Galen to Kamino to have him cloned. The clone wakes up and escapes Kamino, and then has to figure out who he is--good, or evil.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I loved both versions of the first one (Wii and ps3). Can't wait for the second one. BUT the only question I have is... PS3 or XBOX...? Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Spoiler:
      Vader takes the corpse of Galen to Kamino to have him cloned. The clone wakes up and escapes Kamino, and then has to figure out who he is--good, or evil.
      Thank God for that.

Spoiler:
      I was expecting and fearing some miraculous resurrection, that would bring Galen back but ultimately seem to take away from his sacrifice at the end of TFU. Having him cloned by Vader works for me, as it also doesn't contradict Last of the Jedi, "last of the Jedi will you be" since Galen became a Jedi at the end of TFU. Now Galen² can ultimately live (as I doubt they'd kill him twice, no originality there) and not contradict the movies by ending up a Jedi.

Kidwizz, As for PS3 or XBox version, if you own both consoles then I'd get whatever copy is cheaper but I think the PS3 is a better console so depending on the price difference between them, I'd get PS3.

sigpic

Comment

I dont think a jedi or a sith is the ultimate end of any force sensitive person, especially a super powerful one. Maybe Galen is the first of something else. Maybe not something new, but something rarely seen and mostly unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
          BUT the only question I have is... PS3 or XBOX...? Decisions, decisions, decisions...
          Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Kidwizz, As for PS3 or XBox version, if you own both consoles then I'd get whatever copy is cheaper but I think the PS3 is a better console so depending on the price difference between them, I'd get PS3.
          Personally, I'm going Wii. Sure it won't be as pretty as if I were to get it for my 360 or my PC, but dammit if there's one thing the Wiimote was designed for it's lightsaber battling
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I was a little underwhelmed with the first one (especially with all the hype it got), but it was still kind of fun to play.

So, let's talk TFU2! Post news here, post hopes/wants/demands here, discuss news items! Do it all

Lucasarts has released a pretty awesome cinematic trailer for it.

Spoiler:
            I absolutely loved the first game, and I can't wait for the second
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

After the huge disappointment I had with the first game(I thought it was going to be another Jedi Knight game/series), I do not plan on playing this game. Ever. Unless I get it for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                After the huge disappointment I had with the first game(I thought it was going to be another Jedi Knight game/series), I do not plan on playing this game. Ever. Unless I get it for free!
                So you didn't like it because it wasn't what you thought it was going to be, or was it something inherent to the game itself?
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I can't speak for RT, but my issues with it were:

- length: it was way too short
                  - shallowness: the plot was virtually non-existent and I really didn't care what happened to anyone in it
                  - lack of innovation: it didn't even try to do anything that hadn't already been done by every other FPS out there

It was still fun to smash things, but fell quite short of the classic Lucasarts standard in my eyes.

Comment

the plot was virtually non-existent and I really didn't care what happened to anyone in it
                    For me, I was the same way. It's hard to really care when you know that they'll die. Kota will die, Galen would and did die, Bail will end up dying.

The first game never really did anything inspirational with the planets. I'd love to go Assassins Creed across Corusant, but I have no idea what they were trying. None of the planets were really that good. The only place I enjoyed exploring was the Death Star and I hated Raxus Prime.

sigpic

Comment

I've been tempted to buy Force Unleashed for many times, but I already have a game that has pretty much similar physics etc.. it's called Prototype.
                      "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        So you didn't like it because it wasn't what you thought it was going to be, or was it something inherent to the game itself?
                        Pretty much what Digi said. The gameplay got to be quite boring and repetetive. And the story felt like only half of it was there.

Comment

I can't speak for RT, but my issues with it were:

- length: it was way too short
                          - shallowness: the plot was virtually non-existent and I really didn't care what happened to anyone in it- lack of innovation: it didn't even try to do anything that hadn't already been done by every other FPS out there

It was still fun to smash things, but fell quite short of the classic Lucasarts standard in my eyes.
                          Go read the book

I'm glad to see why hes back. I was worrying about a ressurection plot too
                          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                          ---
                          sigpic

Comment

I may just. In my gradual EU read-through, my general plan is to skip any novelizations of games, but TFU was so shallow that I have a feeling that the book will be more rewarding.

Comment

I may just. In my gradual EU read-through, my general plan is to skip any novelizations of games, but TFU was so shallow that I have a feeling that the book will be more rewarding.
                              I think that is quite annoying though, that the book is more rewarding. Instead of doing overpriced, under trophied, Dark Side (well two of three were) based DLC, they should have focused on doing more Jedi Temple type content to help improve the story even if they can't improve anything else.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X