Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this episode have the 'Classic' stargate feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did this episode have the 'Classic' stargate feel?

I felt like a classic stargate story to me. I hope they keep this up.Although, tbf, Human was quite good. Just hope there isn't another episode like "life(which was freaking bad)"

What are your thoughts?

Not only that but much better than the original!!!
    Every planet is unique on this show compared to the medieval village planets in SG-1/SGA (there were rare exceptions thou).
    I just looooooooooved Chloe in this one, she actualy put those Dr. Jackson notes and her alien psychic powers (yep, you heard it here first) to good use.
    Also the giant alien was not actualy a T-Rex but more of an ape-like amphibian!!!

Comment

Um no? Nothing classic about SGU.

Comment

Not necessarily. Time and Space are the episodes that really felt like classic Stargate to me, but this was a good episode despite that.

Comment

I don't think any SGU episodes have felt like classic Stargate. To be honest though neither did many later episodes of Atlantis.

Not that I wan't SGU to feel like classic Stargate though, I want it to be it's own thing. The heavy use of the Stargate itself probably brought up some memories of SG1 though.

Comment

Not really. All the development we saw on Greer's rough upbrining doesn't feel like classic to me
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

The show's pace and action are certainly picking up, which does give it a more classic feel. However, I think the writers are still doing a good job of balancing character development with plot advancement. And I like it better this way; I don't ever want SGU to become like the others. I don't think it will, with the complex characters we have on Destiny. It's good to see that the show is evolving, though, and doing more to keep us interested and on the edge of our seats.

Comment

Well all i can say is that this show is getting better and better and I'm really starting to love it. And Greer is my favorite character so i enjoyed this episode a lot
                "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

To me it felt classic in the sence that they are going to many DIFFERENT planets, not all green forested ones with villages
                  This isn't Atlantis?
                  I don't think so.
                  If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by The Swarm View Post
                    Not only that but much better than the original!!!
                    Every planet is unique on this show compared to the medieval village planets in SG-1/SGA (there were rare exceptions thou).
                    I just looooooooooved Chloe in this one, she actually put those Dr. Jackson notes and her alien psychic powers (yep, you heard it here first) to good use.
                    Also the giant alien was not actualy a T-Rex but more of an ape-like amphibian!!!
                    ah, i think in SGU, there is much less chance to find human like aliens along Destiny's path, both MW and Pegasus galaxies were seed with humans by ancients and later distributed by goauld/wraith, and as per ancient time line, it takes quite a while to get advanced enough. probably that's why SGU sticks to internal drama more than external affairs.

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                    I don't think any SGU episodes have felt like classic Stargate. To be honest though neither did many later episodes of Atlantis.

Not that I wan't SGU to feel like classic Stargate though, I want it to be it's own thing. The heavy use of the Stargate itself probably brought up some memories of SG1 though.
                    Jumping with stargates is the main thing..... thats why the show is called stargate.

Comment

The only similarity to SG1 this episode had was with the "young and hip" team from episode "200". And, the very bad CGI monster was as bas as the very bad CGI monster in "Uninvited".

I did like seeing the use of the Stargates though.
                      Last edited by hisg1fans; 01 May 2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

i think it is classic in a way. you know, we've seen it before but now in a different way. Time was classic time-travel. SG tends to be very good at those, because they tend to confuse many people. there's always some nice little spin to it. this time, it was an awesome ending.

Lost was immensely cool, with the dilemma of staying on the planet or gating back. then Eli with his "to access or not to access", some quarreling, usefulness from Chloe, and well, Chekov's gun's. that's what i like so much about Stargate. anything can be used again in some way at some point. perhaps that's what makes this classic?

but yes i thought it was good.

Comment

In a way it did, in a way it didn't. If this were SG-1 or Atlantis I doubt Scott, Eli and Chloe would have been left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Alien encounter View Post
                            Jumping with stargates is the main thing..... thats why the show is called stargate.
                            And i loved the scenery they used for those planets they went too. IMO they all get cudos for the variety of planets.

Comment

I don't know if it felt like a 'classic' SG ep, but I definitely like that they used the gate a major part of the story. I feel like starting with S9 of SG-1 and S2 of SGA they got too into the habit of not using the stargate as a plot device enough and that has continued into SGU. To barrow a phrase from RCC, they need to 'romance the gate' more in Stargate, imo.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                              X