Those Blue Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Blue Aliens

It's no coincidence that the writers have taken the threesome back to the Dead Ship Planet where Rush was taken captive. You can bet there's going to be a tie in later on, but in how many ways? When the trio first entered the ship, I half expected them to find evidence that Rush had lied about how he wound up with the Blue Aliens or that there was more to his story and he was hiding something. However, Eli's finding the glasses on the floor indicates a possible struggle.

What's of greater significance is Chloe's ability to grasp the Blue Alien console. I think she's just confirmed whose ship this is. It's also indicative that both she and Rush have had a significant download from the BAs. Have the BAs, in turn, downloaded info from the two of them? It might give reason for their kidnapping Chloe. Chloe explains that Rush frustrated them, that his mind was too strong. Maybe the BAs needed someone with less resistance. If Rush got enough info to navigate his way off, then maybe the BAs got enough info to pose a real threat to Destiny.

Also, the BAs apparently live in the region at the edge of the galaxy. Are they from within or without the galaxy? Will an association with them provide answers to "resources" in the void? Why did they suspend Rush and Chloe in water?

I don't watch "Previews for Next Week" nor do I read anything about what's coming up in the season, so if any of this was apparent in the previews, my apologies.
    sigpic

chloe can read the alien text to a point and she don't understand how ?? it's always the cute ones.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well, I would've known that one is the Destiny thing. After all, it had a Destiny-shaped symbol that looks distinctively different from the other letters:

Comment

The BA must be morons.

You dont leave tech lying around for another specie to find and exploit. They came to investigate probably cause Rush activated the distress beacon i presume, intentionally or not. He didnt leave on his own terms, the glasses tells us that, he wouldnt leave those behind. So why didnt they salvaged the shuttle or destroyed it?

Cause our three amigos would later need it to get back to Destiny, thats why. The writers are back to their old tricks and i dont like it one bit. At least Rush will get his glasses back.

Comment

The shuttle wasn't salvaged because the writers hate you, meo. You and you alone.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

That crashed ship looks like a trap to me. They could have salvaged it when they found Rush if they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
              That crashed ship looks like a trap to me. They could have salvaged it when they found Rush if they wanted to.
              Maybe they figure they can get back to it anytime they want, but for now they're concentrating on the Destiny, which is their number one objective.

Comment

I'm actually amazed nobody has brought this up yet...

In the teaser-trailer for the second half of season #1, it clearly shows these aliens boarding Destiny.
                Spoiler:
                I don't know how many people were paying attention in this episode, but after Eli has finished playing with that alien computer, he leaves it turned on; with the Destiny gate address visible on the screen. Chances these aliens are going to use that? Quite high I think. There is no iris or anything on Destiny to prevent unauthorized access, and I doubt the gate room is well guarded when the gate is not in use.

I'm willing to be that the blue aliens find the gate address, dial Destiny (after the engine explosion), board Destiny, and then take people hostage whatever. Shortly after the Lucian Alliance group also finds their way to Destiny, and in a weird twist of fate, but take the ship back from these blue Aliens (quite possibly with the help of the Icarus guys).

This will then take us into season 2.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 May 2010, 11:57 PM. Reason: fixed your spoiler-tag.:)
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm actually amazed nobody has brought this up yet...

In the teaser-trailer for the second half of season #1, it clearly shows these aliens boarding Destiny. I don't know how many people were paying attention in this episode, but after Eli has finished playing with that alien computer, he leaves it turned on; with the Destiny gate address visible on the screen. Chances these aliens are going to use that? Quite high I think. There is no iris or anything on Destiny to prevent unauthorized access, and I doubt the gate room is well guarded when the gate is not in use.

I'm willing to be that the blue aliens find the gate address, dial Destiny (after the engine explosion), board Destiny, and then take people hostage whatever. Shortly after the Lucian Alliance group also finds their way to Destiny, and in a weird twist of fate, but take the ship back from these blue Aliens (quite possibly with the help of the Icarus guys).

This will then take us into season 2.
                  This post be spoiley
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Edited for you.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

But you still left in the part about the teaser trailer which will anger fans who don't read spoilers
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        But you still left in the part about the teaser trailer which will anger fans who don't read spoilers
                        Content from trailers and pure speculation wouldn't really be a spoiler. Anyway, it seems obvious that accessing the alien computers would trigger problems later on. Remember, it didn't take long at all the first time around to find and take Rush.
                        The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

the ship is damaged. in fact, they were just going through the logs. judging by the looks of it, it's been there for a while. we don't send a mission to mars to clean up our damaged/dead mars rovers, do we? it crashed, they saved the crew, they got a brand new shiny one. oh, and if there are intruders, they'll know immediately.

besides, i think the alien's tech is similar to a goauld hand device. during torture, information can be made to go both sides. i think it's a side effect. she can't read, she merely has hunches.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
                            Content from trailers and pure speculation wouldn't really be a spoiler. Anyway, it seems obvious that accessing the alien computers would trigger problems later on. Remember, it didn't take long at all the first time around to find and take Rush.
                            It most certainly. It shows a plot point for a future episode
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              the ship is damaged. in fact, they were just going through the logs. judging by the looks of it, it's been there for a while. we don't send a mission to mars to clean up our damaged/dead mars rovers, do we? i
                              That's because sending a mission to Mars to retrieve old rovers isn't really feasible.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X