No announcement yet.

Brave move on the writers part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking about it, and this is really the first time the SG writers have really had the opertunity to do something like this. I mean in MW or PG if a team lost their GDO all they'd have to do is dial the Alpha Site then go back to Earth/Atlantis from there, so there was really no way for the writers to have done an arc where Teal'c and Carter got stuck off world or whatever other than having the gate get burried like in 100 Days, but I don't think that would warrent a multi episode arc. Add to that the fact that this is the first time they've had enough characters where they split three of them off from the main group and still have more than one or two charcters in the other group.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlut View Post
      The 9 Chevron address that got them to Destiny was based in the Chevrons on the MW gates. Even if Eli remembers the address, how would he correlate the 9 MW Chevrons to 9 Universe gate Chevrons? Aren't there differing numbers of chevrons even (39 vs 36)?
      That is a great point, and one I hadn't considered. Still, we know they found the 9 chevron universe-gate address for Earth in Destiny's database, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to believe Eli knows Destiny's or can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        I was just thinking about it, and this is really the first time the SG writers have really had the opertunity to do something like this. I mean in MW or PG if a team lost their GDO all they'd have to do is dial the Alpha Site then go back to Earth/Atlantis from there, so there was really no way for the writers to have done an arc where Teal'c and Carter got stuck off world or whatever other than having the gate get burried like in 100 Days, but I don't think that would warrent a multi episode arc. Add to that the fact that this is the first time they've had enough characters where they split three of them off from the main group and still have more than one or two charcters in the other group.
        Agreed. They also have the oppotunity to include them being completely stuck on a planet if they lose the handheld device, since I haven't seen a DHD yet and presume, with the manner with which the gates were seeded, there are none. If they lose that they are screwed a la the redshirts in Air Part 3.
        Have a feeling that's not going to happen to the trio this time, but I'd love to see the consequence of that at some point in the show's future.

Comment

I just wanted to post and say, I thought the same thing. I know I'm a bit late in saying this but I was also convinced I'd be tuning into this episode believing like any show they'd get back. My mouth dropped open and I think I went....whhhhuuuuuuuuut. I was just blown away they didn't make it. Though we know they will make it back eventually, I just did not see that coming and its hard now a days to do something, different.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA View Post
            I was just blown away they didn't make it.
            I was convinced that they'd make it back in "Human". That not happening surprised me, but the fact that they didn't return in "Lost" either blew me away. Good stuff.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
              Besides, we don't know for sure that Destiny dropped out of FTL because of the incoming 9 chevron address from Icarus. It may have had another purpose for dropping out, who knows. Sure, it's a good guess, but we don't know it for sure.

Back on topic, the ending of this episode was REALLY great. For once, I have no idea what's going to happen; or, rather, I know what's going to happen (it's a pretty safe bet that the 3 stranded will make it back to Destiny), but no idea of how the writers will accomplish this. Bravo TPTB.
              It is a logical assumption based on the fact that the ship immediately went back into FTL once the gate cut out.

Comment

Working...
              X