Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, it was an alien creature that the writers loosely based on a T-Rex.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yeah a couple of the characters have mentioned a couple times now about running into a T-Rex. I think this was the space version.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode; I enjoyed it.

I liked Greer's flashbacks and the parts of the episode with Chloe, Eli, and Scott.

I didn't really care to watch TJ get interrupted several times before she was finally able to tell Young about the pregnancy.
        sigpic

Comment

This is really an episode to explore Greer as he is alone. We really haven't had a lot of Greer exposure. Sure he has had bits and pieces here in previous episodes but not a lot of exposure like other characters. It explains to me why Greer looks up to Young and why he hates people like Rush and Telford (well brainwashed Telford). Here he has a father a person in power who uses his power to harm and exploilt his family. In the same vein Rush and Telford were corrupted to do things for their own selfish reasons. I think it explains why Greer has had a physical confrontation with Rush and Telford.

In addition to the psychological examination I always really loved the "planet hopping" that Eli, Chloe, and Scott did. It was just very astheically pleasing watching the various planets we saw like an alien dinosaur or Chloe remembering Vermont. This was also the first episode where I thought the Blues had done something to Chloe. The ability to comprehend the Blues language seemed a eyebrow raise of somethig happening. People complain about how obvious in Sabotage if was the team returning when the Gate activated. While that is true it would have been a cliche in this episode for Eli, Chloe, and Scott to return to Destiny just in time. So its kind of pros and cons scenario.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

True.. you kinda knew they would get back in the next episode, but the way they ended it was still cool!

Comment

The unlucky trio. I was sure they were gonna make it. Then Rush turned up instead. And now they are "Lost"
              Great episode, and I can't wait to see them get back.
              Greer was so cool in this, good to see more of his background.
              I have to see the next ep now...

Comment

Pity we never got more info on those ruins.

Comment

I know, it's the kind of thing I always want more of but it usually takes a back seat to the Big Bad plots.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea.. Just look at all the forgotten aspects from SG1..
                    Did they ever go back to the planet that held the meeting place of the 4 great races once they had access to ships.
                    Did they ever revisit the ghost like giant aliens where daniels grand dad is at?
                    and so on.

Comment

Maybe the writers planed to have Destiny & the crew go back in one of later three seasons. Sadly, we might never know now, although Joe Malozzi did say recently on his blog that he does plan to reveal what was planned beyond SGA S5 in one of his future blog entries and if he truly does that, we might even get info on what was planned beyond SGU S2 as well.

Comment

Good episode, liked Greer's flashbacks and all gate jumps. The rancor was just trying to be friendly. They didn't need to shoot at. If they only stopped and trying talking to it he would have told them how to get home. Rancors are smarter than you think and friendly if not put in pits to fight people.

Comment

I like the way each episode is looking into one character's past. I only just noticed they were doing that. Poor Greer, no wonder he's like he is, but I did suspect he had a background like that.

hehe I knew that creature was a Star Wars monster!

Devastating moment when Eli, Chloe and Matt were left behind. No wonder I watch 2 episodes at a time. You'd think Stargates would have a 'call waiting' feature, wouldn't you.

And finally TJ tells Young about the baby. I knew he'd react positively, he's not some selfish kid. She will have to have double rations, surely.
                          ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

This was a tricky episode to write about for this series. I really liked parts of it but also had a few issues. Here's my latest post!

Reconsidering Stargate Universe: "Lost"

Comment

Outstanding as always..

Comment

Thanks! Hoping to pick up the pace as I near the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X