Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved getting a peek into Greer's past. It's nice to see the reasons behind who he is today.

Comment

Absolutely loved this episode. Greer's backstory was great. I really thought the ending would be typical 2-episode SG1/Atlantis cliffhanger story with them getting back on the ship and was TOTALLY shocked when they didn't make it. Scott, chloe and eli are big people in the story so hopefully they get back on the ship soon and i am expecting something really cool with how that goes down. This is the first SGU episode where i cannot wait to see the next episode!

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Excellent episode! Loved Greer's backstory - explains so much about the type of guy he is...that he went back for his dad in the fire. That defines his character...his loyalty. What I liked most about this ep is that it showed a contrast between Greer's sense of duty towards Scott in Air - and Scott's sense of duty (or lack thereof) towards Greer.

Greer never assumed his dad was dead in that fire...he never assumed that Scott was dead in the desert...but with very little effort Scott assumed Greer was dead, and then let Eli call all their next moves. Poor example as a leader. That doesn't mean, however, that I dislike Scott. I like him - I also like the weakness he shows, and wonder if these experiences will eventually make him a better soldier, and a better man.

Good ep - lots of insights into the characters.

das
        I don’t think you can fairly say that Scott was disloyal to Greer. Scott saw the roof collapse directly on top of him. They tried to dig him out and repeatedly yelled and used the radio to try to contact him with no reply. The odds at that point were very slim that he was still alive. If it had been safe to continue to dig then I agree Scott should have done so until they found a body; but remaining in the tunnels was too dangerous. They were very unstable as evidenced by their recent collapse and continued shaking and could have come down on all of them at any moment. Scott made a command decision that it wasn’t worth the risk to continue digging on the very unlikely chance that Greer was still alive.

I can understand how Greer felt they had abandoned him but if it had been him instead of Scott I bet he would have made the same imo correct decision.
        Last edited by Blackhole; 01 May 2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Something that bothered me as Greer was running back to the gate was why he didn’t fire his weapon into the air. The sound could have alerted them that he was still alive.

Comment

Sweet episode!

Loved the spider again. I still think this was a home planet of the blue aliens. Especially with Chole recognizing things on the map. That rancor was sweet, heard the thud thud thud and thought ...dinosaur? NO A RANCOR!

Quite the mix of planets, very old school sg. Its kinda cool they have to leapfrog gate to gate. So they coulda gone back for the 2 the lost in air if they had wanted to...

I suspect when they are in a galaxy now they will leave destiny with a chart of gates along destiny's course so they are totally screwed if they get left behind. It would be as annoying as hell and scary, but they could jump planets and catch up in an emergency.

I was really on the edge of my seat when Greer was running for the gate! Oh and his dad's a @#$%.

Comment

ok, things just keep getting better and better, the only plot i did not like is how they handeld the pregnancy thing. other than that, awesome episode and i think greer is with eli one of my favorites now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                Thanks for starting a new thread; I can't get into the 'Lost' folder at all...I suppose I should find that funny, given the title

I'm tacking up the "Chloe is a bimbo/airhead/stupid" to just another echo chamber where people keep repeating the same thing over and over again, hoping it'll stick and that, in the repitition, they can give it validity. Young and naive, yes. Stupid? No.

Nothing any of the fans has said has affected anything that's already been written so the complaining hasn't changed anything.
                Completely agree with this.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

How does Greer know that he was abandoned on the planet? For all he knows, the others might have been trapped by another cave-in or at least still lost in the labyrinth.

It is possible, however, that even though he was unconscious, he still heard Scott tell him sorry. People that are in comas can sometimes recall events that happen around them.
                  The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                    I'm wondering what happened with Chloe, could just be she recognised something she saw on the alien ship, or could be something more sinister
                    There was a symbol on the screen that was shaped like the destiny.
                    The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

I liked this episode, but didn't see it as "classic SG1" like some have said, other than Scott, Eli, and Chloe being the "young and hip" team from episode "200". Thought the dinosaur/evil turtle thing was very bad CGI, about as bad as the CGI from SG1's Uninvited. So two things like SG1.

Other than those two items, I liked the episode. At least the story is moving along.

There are two ways I can immediately think of for the lost three to get back to the Destiny. I just hope we don't get more bickering and backstabbing amongst the three before they get back. Nor amongst the rest of the crew on Destiny. I've about had it with the bickering and backstabbing.

I wouldn't have expected any overly joyfull reactions from any of the crew upon their return to the Destiny since there were still 3 missing people. I thought that was played very well.

I can see Greer feeling like he lost the other three as he was the most experienced person and a senior noncomm. You don't get to his rank without taking care of your people. The flashbacks show he always went after his people even against all odds, so I expect he'll find them or make the situation so the lost three can find him.

Comment

One of the best episodes of the series so far, and possibly one of the best in the franchise. I'd thought that SGU's fifteenth episode didn't have a chance at beating SGA's ("Before I Sleep"), but I was wrong. "Lost" was one of my favorite hours of Stargate yet, and I'm so happy that this show continues to surprise me at every turn.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The biggest thing that made me like the episode was the fact that Scott, Chloe and Eli DIDN'T make it back to Destiny. If this had been an SG-1 or SGA episode they would have wrapped the episode storyline with an overly convenient "just in time" arrival through the gate. When it looked like that was what they were going to do I was so annoyed, but then Rush's team (who I'd forgotten about) walked through the gate and the fact that Scott, Chloe and Eli were now stranded blew me away. That was an awesome use of the audience's expectations by the director. I just hope that the three character's eventual return to Destiny (does anyone really think it won't happen?) doesn't happen right away in some quick fix b-storyline in some upcoming episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            Oh my! So I completely wasn't expecting them to not make it back at the end!! Very interesting that they didn't resolve it, and it makes me wonder what will happen next.
                            Over on one of the battletech forums where we are chatting about this, that was the most thought of comment concerning this ep. how it was brave of the powers that be, to have Eli and co still stuck there, in contrast to all the other eps where they seem to make it back "just in time.

I didn't expect that they would go back to the ship that got Rush captured or that Greer would make it back and they wouldn't. The Snow Planet is really beautiful though.
                            TO me when eli was making chatter about they might go backwards in the chain, i think that was a hint they might go back to that planet. And they did.
                            As to greer, i also liked it that he got himself out of there, but i loved it that even with his running, he did not make it before they were gone. Though i wonder was his radio broken, which is why he did not try and call them? Also why did he not try and shout out?

Honestly, at that point, I'd forgotten that Rush's group was still out there.
                            I almost did as well, until we saw the split off team show back up with greer.

Does don't do the "dinosaur" justice. It looks a lot better through the actual episode
                            On the b.tech forum (mentioned above iirc), someone said that it reminded them of the Rancor from Return of the Jedi. while i thought so as well, it could easily be some sort of amphibian gorilla cross due to all that moisture in the air (fog).

I was hoping that when the gate opened up on the planet that Greer was on, it'd be Rush who found him. Then he could have delivered some snarky comment along the lines of "Isn't that always the way? Me, saving your ass. You with a gun in my face..."

Then again, I think they had James find him to give her some relief from the feelings of failure she was working through this episode.
                            Initially i was also hoping it was rush's team which found greer, but it did make sense for it to be James as it offered some closure to her failure in the last ep, as well as showed that she is starting to be more than a minor foot note.

One thing that I'm mildly disappointed about is the lack of truly alien planets. All the trees on every planet they've visited so far have been very similar to Earth trees. I'd like them to find a place where the vegetation, at the very least, was truly exotic. Not planets that look like Vermont, New Mexico, or British Columbia all the time. I'm fine with those once in a while, I just think the writers missed out on the opportunity to really wow us with their planet-design skills.
                            While i also would have liekd to see some more variety in planets, i think the budget restraints is why they all look human esque. And i love chloe's comments of it reminded her of their vacation home in Vancouver.

Also, while the space battles and aliens are cool, just showing one or two alien planets would help immerse the viewer in the idea that we are truly far away from home. So far the only difference between the milky way, pegasus, and the galaxy that Destiny has been in is the lack of humanoid populations.
                            Yup. I for one would be more than happy to have say, 2 less space battles a season to give them the CGI budget for say 5-6 more 'alien looking planets'..

I am talking about the part discovering that Destiny is leaving one galaxy and going to the next. That is an important piece of info and it helps us learn more about the Destiny. It tells us like when the Destiny goes to a sun it reserves vast amount of power so the ship can make it to another galaxy to finish its mission of exploring planets. I think that is an important piece of information for the future.
                            That it did. Which makes me wonder, if our tinkering with it (returning the lights) might mess up with its plan.

Now let’s return to the Destiny and Rush’s idea of gate hopping. It seemed a little far fetched to me. I always saw the Universe gates in tiny clusters that were inaccessible from one another. That is unless you have an intergalactic ship like the Destiny.
                            It actually made sense to me that the planets would have 1-2 linked to them with one of those say, having a link to another few back.. I had no issues with it.

I always thought her thing with Scott was purely sex and maybe it was but James certainly didn’t see it that way. It speaks to who James is and how heartbroken she is of what Scott is. It shows despite being a trained soldier James is still a human being who had emotions that were trampled on. I would be hurt if someone did that to me.
                            She got some serious bump ups in the character department from this ep for me. And i hope this now places her from a minor player into if nothing else a second string one.

Speaking of the planet I’m calling Rushpotamia the tracing of the Destiny using the crashed alien ship makes sense. In the regard that we know the blue aliens are obsessed with Destiny so I understand that they would be tracking it in space. But if that crashed ship knew where Destiny was it raises two very serious questions. Why haven’t the aliens been attacking Destiny if they knew where the ship was after all? And how did they access the information so quickly? I hope it was a relation to Chloe being in that water tank. Because if it wasn’t this episode was solved way too fast.
                            Maybe they know it's route but not exactly where it is going to pop out of FTL. So they have been guessing, and have had it wrong more than right.
                            But it also brings up the thought of whether their mental tap into Chloe has given her some insight into their language, much like it seemed to do with rush.

Excellent episode! Loved Greer's backstory - explains so much about the type of guy he is...that he went back for his dad in the fire. That defines his character...his loyalty. What I liked most about this ep is that it showed a contrast between Greer's sense of duty towards Scott in Air - and Scott's sense of duty (or lack thereof) towards Greer.

Greer never assumed his dad was dead in that fire...he never assumed that Scott was dead in the desert...but with very little effort Scott assumed Greer was dead, and then let Eli call all their next moves. Poor example as a leader. That doesn't mean, however, that I dislike Scott. I like him - I also like the weakness he shows, and wonder if these experiences will eventually make him a better soldier, and a better man.
                            It did serve to show a great contrast between Greer and Scott. One (greer) seems to have a 'once you are a friend you are a friend for life, no matter what you do to me' mentality, where as the other (scott) seems to be a little more fickle. I hope this is explored more, with scott and greer having it out.

All indication was that he was dead and Scott had to look of the bigger picture as every second counted towards getting to Destiny. Sometimes being leader means making sacrifices
                            Agreed, plus the needs of the many (eli and chloe) outweighed the needs of the one.

I will say, they have potential here to play with the Scott/Chloe/Eli triangle here. The three of them are all alone now, and it's entirely possible that feelings will come into play
                            I hope it does not mean they will get into an actual threesome...

Now, for some speculation. In the 1.5 trailer, we saw the blue aliens coming through the gate and boarding Destiny. So how does that happen? They track down Scott, Chloe, and Eli, and use his remote to get on board. This is also how the three of them get back on board destiny, with "help" from the aliens. They are probably going to let themselves get captured, or try to jump the aliens or sneak aboard one of their ships or something. But either way, Eli is gonna lose the remote to the them, or they will learn Destiny's gate code.
                            Well, we know they got rush after he messed with their ship on that planet, maybe Eli and Chloe's tinkering alerts them that someone else has, and they collate it with their tracking of the ship to find out which planet they are on. Then they show up, either capture one or all (or even don't capture any but just get the device) and use it to go to the destiny.

Greer came back just a touch darker, we could go there. He said to Young that they wouldn't have left him if they didn't think he was already dead but is that a good enough reason for him really? From this, I've seen that Greer doesn't leave anybody and he'll walk through hell, and fire too, no less, for people. So how does he really feel about being left?
                            As i mentioned above, he seems to befriend people for life, and i am wondering if this will change his thoughts to Scott.

On that last thought - remember there are two other planets now with stranded humans, and the blue aliens might be searching all planets with stargates for possible humans, now since they found one with a human (Rush.)
                            Ohh, a way to bring back red shirt scientist 1 and 2 from Air part 2..

Cont next post.

Comment

Cont from prior post.

Onto Scott's team. Nothing they did hurt my logic, so good move there. David Blue as Eli was probably the star there - while Scott played tormented leader and Chloe played mediator, Eli was cracking up and delivering lines of exposition in a very manic, neurotic, Eli-y way. Kinda like McKay, but in a much less self-assured way, because its true: Eli's smart, but he ain't superman.
                              I actually disliked eli's constant bantering. It seemed like he regressed back into a kid to me.

Also good move by the writers to leave the Human mystery behind for a bit. There was no solving the 46 thing in this episode
                              Part of me was hoping they would have touched back on it, even if only to have rush fuming that he cannot do anything more to help as the ship then heads into FTL.

The glimpse into Greer's background was really good- explains a lot of why he is who he is.
                              True it was a good look, but also to me it was a lot cliche. Abusive drunk father, caring mother..

Also when destiny crosses the void. Do you think this will be the last we see of these aliens?
                              Doubtful since they also have FTL, so the might just follow.

Mindswapping ? They didn't swap minds with her. The devices they had mounted on them only worked one way.
                              From what we saw of rush's experience, they seemed to work both ways..

The stones allowed Scott to see residual memories from Telford, something that definitely wasn't in the manual... It stands to reason that the Blue's technology could do similar things, have unforeseen effects. What happened with Chloe seemed perfectly natural to me.
                              Maybe it is a side effect of BOTH of them being used on the same person. Remember we still don't know the full use/effects of the stones, and also are using one of our backwards engineered devices for them. So maybe that has left some sort of mental side effect of a consciousness transfer any time a device is used that switches the mind/links to the mind.

I did however believe that if they only did`nt give up after trying once they would make it,but I did`nt know how much time that was left.
                              IIRC Young did mention to Rush that he left it right down to the wire... so obviously not much was left.

Rush: Can it be? Is he changed? I always liked Rush`s character and admire his knowledge about so many things,but he has been a "crazy" man. Now he listened to people,taking advice`s and even did a lot to look for the lost people. This to me looks like a changed man. A person that could be what all the people on Destiny needs.
                              Agreed. It seems his events from last weeks ep in the chair, have done some great soul searching in him that has changed him. BUT part of me hopes he still is as machellavian as he used to be.

Something that bothered me as Greer was running back to the gate was why he didn’t fire his weapon into the air. The sound could have alerted them that he was still alive.
                              Or as i said above, use his radio/shout out..

It is possible, however, that even though he was unconscious, he still heard Scott tell him sorry. People that are in comas can sometimes recall events that happen around them.
                              Too true. Which makes me wonder if he is going to have it out with scott when he gets back, since greer risked his life back in Air Pt2 for Scott.

Comment

Cool episode. I wonder how will Scott, Eli and Chloe get back. Poor Greer. He had a nasty life. When I thought another version for this episode, I thought of Scott getting eaten by the dinosaur.
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X