X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dialing destiny from planets

Spoiler:
    So in the epi human, the team gets left behind and in spoilers for the next epi lost, they say that they dial other planets to try and catch up to destiny. why cant they just dial destiny direct.

i mean, they shouldn't need extra power because they are still in the same galaxy and as we know from to series that you can dial any gate int eh entire galaxy from one gate so why would they have to dial other gates to catch up if they could just dial direct, is this gate system less advanced in the range of its dialing than the other systems?

These are not the same gates as MW and PG.
    They have a much shorter range, my guess is because No DHD which worked as a sort of power supply to all MW gates...
    This has been covered in length, look around for mroe info.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
      [...]is this gate system less advanced in the range of its dialing than the other systems?
      Yes. This was also confirmed by several writers/producers.
      Unlike Milky Way or Pegasus gates, SGU models are earlier, more primitive tech and have a much more limited range.

Normally there are only 3-5 gates in range, whereas the entire galaxy is accessible to the newer models (in MW and PG).
      Last edited by Mike.; 26 April 2010, 03:27 PM.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

i think itll be interesting to see how intra-galatic civilizations have impacted by this lack of ability to dial gates all over the galaxy.

Societies will most probably be found more in regional pockets instead of sprawling galactic empires like the goa'uld who definitely took advantage of the more advanced gate system to take over the galaxy.

I think with the more regional pockets of civilizations the less of a large scale interconnected galaxy like pegasus and milky way were likely to see throughout universe.
        sigpic

Comment

Annubis' hitman
          i think itll be interesting to see how intra-galatic civilizations have impacted by this lack of ability to dial gates all over the galaxy.

Societies will most probably be found more in regional pockets instead of sprawling galactic empires like the goa'uld who definitely took advantage of the more advanced gate system to take over the galaxy.

I think with the more regional pockets of civilizations the less of a large scale interconnected galaxy like pegasus and milky way were likely to see throughout universe.
          i find this interesting, i agree that if there are civilizations on the planets that we have yet to discover, it would be interesting to see how they cope, but for them they my not even know there is an entire galaxy out there.

plus, if they really wanted to go all over the galaxy, they could just go the slow way and go to the farthest gate they can dial, then dial another at it max distance and so on. it would take time but it would work and many trips through the gate

Comment

Working...
          X