The season finale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The season finale!

Is anyone wondering just what the title of the two hour finale is going to be? Look out for it being revealed soon!

Now, I am aware that some of you are probably still wondering whether or not there will be any further delays. That's understandable. But there won't. However, instead of just going on about how the series is back on track, how great it will all be, and how Season Four will go out with a bang, I prefer to just let the show speak for itself once those last three episodes (four since the finale is technically two episodes) are released.

What I can say about the finale is that it will be taking the series in a bit of a different direction. Definitely changing course with the last few episodes and we're starting to build up towards (yes, indeed) the ending of the series, even though it's still quite a bit in the future, everything is now starting to build towards it (and yes, we know exactly where we're going to end it). Which means that we're not "stalling" anymore and some pretty major developments are in store before Season Four ends.

Also, several familiar faces return in the finale, and while all of our regulars have some nice moments, Daniel plays a very crucial role in it. In fact, there'll be quite a major revelation coming up about his character, something with huge implications. And the ending of the episode will be, shall we say... somewhat shocking.

I hope we'll be seeing some discussions here. Basically, the more you guys get invovled in talking and/or speculating about what's to come, or even talk about what you'd like to see, the more info we'll be putting out. It kinda makes sense. Also, please feel free to ask questions if you're wondering about something specific.
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 26 April 2010, 11:20 AM.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

A little update!

There's now some consideration to releasing the finale as two seperate episodes rather than a two hour one, partly because that would extend the run for another week and provide some more time for discussions between parts one and two. But it's not sure yet. I'm curious, how would you rather have it be released? As a two hour finale, or two one hour episodes? Let us know.

And the reason we haven't revealed the title of the finale yet is because it wasn't yet sure if it was still going to change. And... it has. Just renamed it, and it looks like this new title is it. So look out for it VERY soon now!

Comment

I'd say give it as one big one because it makes it a much bigger event. Or seperate them into two episodes and release them at the same time. I think drawing things out maybe a bad idea considering this season's release issues.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

i agree with EAG. This Season has been going for the past year and half i think its time for you guys to end it as quickly as you can so you guys can get started on Season 5.

Comment

Okay, a little update about the finale!

Originally the plan was to release it as a two hour episode, and I can see why a lot of you would prefer it that way. But as it's been unfolding, there's been some changes. Basically what is now 4.24 really seems more like an episode that sets up what happens in the finale. Okay. That's confusing. So let me explain...

4.24 will be featuring some major revelations about both one of our characters as well as where things seem to be going in general. And then 4.25 will be a massive change of pace, they're like set up and pay off, if you will. And it really works better to release the two episodes apart from each other to kind of be able to take in the revelations that happen in 4.24.

However... 4.25 could possibly be extended to either 90 minutes or even two hours, in which case we'd actually end up with a 26 episode season after all. That's not quite sure yet, though, because it's in the process of being written, and it'll really be a matter of how much time will be needed to tell the story in the best possible way. It will be certainly one of our most shocking finales, I think. One could call it a massive, massive "game changer" that could make some jaws drop, and I'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it. I'm really excited about it because we'll be getting to some things that we've been wanting to do for a long time; this is where it was always meant to go as the series gets closer to its conclution. And where that is, you'll see. Trust me.

Now, all that being said, there is a slight change in the release schedule as a result of this. And before anyone gets worried or worse, here's what the plan is: we'll be pushing back the release of 4.24 one week, so it will be out two weeks from today on May 27. And then the actual season finale (be it 90 minutes or two hours) will be out on June 3.

I know not everyone will like that, but trust me, it's better that way because the last thing I would want is to rush things, especially because this will be, like I said, quite a huge turning point in the series. And honestly, one more week is not going to make a difference at this point. It might actually be a great opportunity to re-read some previous episodes, as there's so much that's probably been forgotten.

And after that, we'll obviously have plenty of time to make sure we're back on track with weekly releases for Season Five once it premieres in the fall!

Comment

when are you going to release unto the beach? or whatever it's called?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              when are you going to release unto the beach? or whatever it's called?
              It's called "Unto the Breach". And it will be up within the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                It's called "Unto the Breach". And it will be up within the hour.
                sounds good cant wait to read it.

Comment

Am interested to see how the episode is going to change the series. Any clues?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Am interested to see how the episode is going to change the series. Any clues?
                    I can't really say too much about it without giving too much away, but both 4.24 and 4.25 will be having some major revelations actually, setting the stage for what will be a really interesting Season Five. Now, if you knew who this character is that returns in the season finale, it might give a pretty big clue, but it would also ruin the surprise when he or she suddenly appears on screen. And the way in which this return happens is certainly not what anyone is expecting. I know that for sure, and you'll see what I mean.

I really wonder if anyone could guess who this returning character might be...

I wish I could give more clues, but the best way to approach these final two episodes of the season is really to know as little about them as you can. It's always been a pretty complex series with a lot of different things going on, and one thing I can promise for Season Five is that a lot of the pieces will start to fall into place.

Comment

The most obvious answer to me is Chase coming and Daniel going. How that all works...I'm unsure.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, I guess I can give one more clue. But that's really all I can say.

The character that's coming back has not appeared in Season Four so far. It might be harder to notice since so much time has past since the season started, but there's actually a few characters that have had recurring appearances in previous seasons, but have been absent in Season Four so far.
                        Last edited by Alex Rubit; 17 May 2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Absent in Season 4. God, that's way too big of a range. I can barely remember Season 2 or 3. Lol But maybe someone else can think of a likely candidate.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think it can be harder to keep track of it than it would if it were on TV. But one example (this doesn't mean this is who shows up in the finale) would be Bay'lar, whom we haven't seen since 3.22.

Comment

on of the vorians. Ca'vel or Kalos?

Comment

Working...
                              X