Is Greer really Claustrophobic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Greer really Claustrophobic ?

When Scott advised that Greer was Claustrophobic I thought it was odd considering Destiny in general.

I also found in odd that during the cave in and being trapped. He showed no obvious sign of general panic . I know he is the resident bad ass but I thought he would be a bit more agressive in his need for open spaces.

During the flashback to his childhood, as a possible explanation . I came to think that Greer is NOT claustrophobic. He just gets uncomfortable in small spaces because they remind him of his childhood. A period of time he was vulnable and unable to defend himself. It's just that Scott assumed that he was.

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
    When Scott advised that Greer was Claustrophobic I thought it was odd considering Destiny in general.

I also found in odd that during the cave in and being trapped. He showed no obvious sign of general panic . I know he is the resident bad ass but I thought he would be a bit more agressive in his need for open spaces.

During the flashback to his childhood, as a possible explanation . I came to think that Greer is NOT claustrophobic. He just gets uncomfortable in small spaces because they remind him of his childhood. A period of time he was vulnable and unable to defend himself. It's just that Scott assumed that he was.
    Which is still claustrophobia. The reason is just unique. Thier are several different degrees. Some are more severe then others. Greer is the kind of person yeah he has fear but is willing to push through the uncomfortable situation
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

and destiny isnt really that small to be considered a claustrophobic inducing area

Comment

He showed no obvious sign of general panic . I know he is the resident bad ass but I thought he would be a bit more agressive in his need for open spaces.
        Keep in mind that he's a MSGT, and probably combat hardened. He's probably used to dealing with his fears on some level. Not to mention that being slightly claustraphobic doesn't mean full blown panic attacks whenever feels enclosed. I'm slightly claustraphobic (during rush hour, at least) when I'm on the underground, metro or whatever equivalent you know, but that doesn't mean I freak out everytime I ride into the city.

Incidentally, this claustraphobia (at least the flashbacks) casts new light on his holding cell back on Icarus, which, iirc, was quite small too.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
          Keep in mind that he's a MSGT, and probably combat hardened. He's probably used to dealing with his fears on some level. Not to mention that being slightly claustraphobic doesn't mean full blown panic attacks whenever feels enclosed. I'm slightly claustraphobic (during rush hour, at least) when I'm on the underground, metro or whatever equivalent you know, but that doesn't mean I freak out everytime I ride into the city.

Incidentally, this claustraphobia (at least the flashbacks) casts new light on his holding cell back on Icarus, which, iirc, was quite small too.
          True, true. While I love the character I do enjoy more layers being added. Maybe next week we find out that he's a Kirk fan over Picard.

Comment

You actually can be a little claustrophobic. It's not black and white. You can deal with a cave, or squeezing through part of a ceiling, but would freak if made to crawl through concrete tunnel under road. Just like heights. You can freak out over heights, say, on a ladder, but have no problem being that high and looking out a window.

Comment

Maybe next week we find out that he's a Kirk fan over Picard.
              Nevaaaaaar!

Comment

Greer is mighty calm in those catacombs for someone suffering from claustrophobia.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                  Greer is mighty calm in those catacombs for someone suffering from claustrophobia.
                  That's why I pondered if it wasn't Claustrophobia.

I get that your trained, but if your where in a situation and it got worse. A little sweat, a raised voice an indication of discomfort is to be expected. Even Eli reacted more then he did. So yeah wasn't too sure and think that Scott assumes it's Claustrophobia.

Also I just realized , Greer is a Sisko man of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                    I think he's just pushing through it. Since he seems like the kinda guy to hide his fear.

Besides maybe next week we'll see him getting more and more upset the longer they're down there.

Comment

He's calming his nerves when he holds a weapon. As long as the walls are between the gun and himself, then it won't make him panic as much.

The tunnel wasn't actually that small to begin with. Probably didn't have any effect on him.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        He's calming his nerves when he holds a weapon. As long as the walls are between the gun and himself, then it won't make him panic as much.

The tunnel wasn't actually that small to begin with. Probably didn't have any effect on him.
                        Hmmmm...that's a bit of a stretch isn't it. I mean he's ok as long as he has a gun to hold off the walls. Even as a psychological crutch that's a bit thin.

Comment

Hmmmm...that's a bit of a stretch isn't it. I mean he's ok as long as he has a gun to hold off the walls. Even as a psychological crutch that's a bit thin.
                          He is a military hard nut. If there was a deadly huge spider infront of ya, most people would be scared, but if you had a gun you'd feel a bit safer. Some kind of anology there.

Comment

yes greer is human shocking huh>?
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I've got claustrophobia as well, but it isn't crippling, so I understand. I didn't see Greer as calm in the tunnels; I thought he was on edge. I think his claus. might be very specific, as being underground.
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                              X