Did Rush teach at Berkeley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Rush teach at Berkeley?

One of his students in Human was wearing a Cal sweater...of course plenty of students at any given school wear other school's merchandise, but Berkeley would be an appropriate institution for someone of Rush's stature...plus his wife didnt sound Scottish either, though she was talking rather hushed and deliberately in most of her sceneds.

Rush's wife was English, I would imagine. Why else would he torture himself by listening to English Rose by The Jam?

Comment

Because The Jam are gods.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        Because The Jam are gods.
        sigpic

Comment

a better question is: is rush even real?

my theory is tht rush is a figment of everyones imaginations

Comment

I don't think the writers were really aiming at identfying the university just showing that Rush used to teach before joining the Stargate program. I bet he had a lot students failing
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              a better question is: is rush even real?

my theory is tht rush is a figment of everyones imaginations
              Wait...so...If Rush isn't real, then the team aren't realy stuck on Destiny, they never cracked the secret of the 9th chevron, Senator Armstrong's funds didn't go to Icarus (golden toilet seats, I'm looking at you), Daniel's interaction with him (and O'Neill's interaction with a stranded Young) never took place. So two of the most important people in the franchise are sharing a hallucenation, and the entire program, dating as far back as the original trip to Abydos, are the mad ramblings of a discredited academic and a suicidal officer?!

My mind. It is blown.

Comment

He certainly wasn't there when I was a grad student (I'm sure I would have noticed him, seems like the type to have gotten a bit of a reputation), but then, he was probably back in the UK then, perhaps on a post-doc or at his first job, given the difference in our ages. Pity, it would have been "interesting" to take one of his classes!

I suppose this would be the place for an obligatory "Go Cal!".
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by droid327 View Post
                  One of his students in Human was wearing a Cal sweater...of course plenty of students at any given school wear other school's merchandise, but Berkeley would be an appropriate institution for someone of Rush's stature...
                  I believe it was Berkeley since the license plate of the car with 46 number on it was California too
                  - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

For the record, that was UBC.
                    sigpic

Comment

Obviously, it was filmed at UBC. But I think we are meant to believe that UBC is standing in for a US university (in much the same way we are meant to believe that British Columbia is standing in for, well, every habitable alien planet anyone in the 3 series ever visited. Are those Douglas firs AGAIN?)
                      sigpic

Comment

No idea, but that albino student of his freaked me out.

Comment

There was a student in each of the lecture hall scenes wearing Cal shirts or sweatshirts. That, plus the California license plate would indicate to me that it was meant to be Cal. Given the timeline, he was there when I was an undergrad there, though I was studying Forestry and Environmental Science.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                            There was a student in each of the lecture hall scenes wearing Cal shirts or sweatshirts. That, plus the California license plate would indicate to me that it was meant to be Cal. Given the timeline, he was there when I was an undergrad there, though I was studying Forestry and Environmental Science.
                            Berkeley would be a good place, if the idea was for him to be on the west coast. Otherwise, I would have stuck him in Einstein's old stompin' grounds (Princeton).

Off topic, Avenger, did you take any classes in Mulford? The lab I was in was in Mulford for a while, and I know Mulford was the old Forestry building.
                            sigpic

Comment

I could see him getting a temp job there.

Comment

Working...
                              X