Chromosomes??? how is that the answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromosomes??? how is that the answer?

im not sure if i got that part. something about neural signature thing. so ancients had more than 46 chromosomes and thats why Rush cant control Destiny?
    sigpic

No. The numerical code is significant to some portion of genetic code. Think of your GW password. It has some significance to you. Thats the point in that the password Destiny is somewhat related to a genetic code on the Ancient's genome.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
      im not sure if i got that part. something about neural signature thing. so ancients had more than 46 chromosomes and thats why Rush cant control Destiny?
      I don't think it was ever said that the Ancients didn't have 46 chromosomes as well. I think it's more to do with the idea of there being a specific (or several specific) genetic markers that must be present to activate Destiny.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

And to expand on what I believe the others are saying, these markers should be something which are common to all Ancients. It is now merely a rather lengthy search (for which Rush has written a program) to go through all of the combinations. Now as long as they actually have a completely accurate listing of the Ancients genetic code they're, cuz I'm not sure that having the Ancient Gene or getting the shot will do it.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

So I wonder if Destiny is keyed to a specific Ancient.

Comment

I think they should concentrate their efforts on the X chromosome. The "dream" seemed to point to Rush's wife all the time as if he should pay more attention to her. That can't be a coincidence.
            sigpic

Comment

No, no, no.

They specifically state that Destiny IS NOT keyed to a genetic sequence of any kind.

What's preventing Rush from taking complete control of Destiny's systems is an encryption. As in discussion with students, it's impossible to break a complex code if you don't have some sort of a reference. Now they know that the code is based on genetic sequences of Ancients, and that gives them a strategy for breaking encryption.
              MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

why isnt having the Ancient Gene not gonna do it? is Destiny's access more complicated than Atlantis's? and once Rush finds those specific genes, will he use it for gene therapy or will it be in the form of a password type of thing?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by K^2 View Post
                  No, no, no.

They specifically state that Destiny IS NOT keyed to a genetic sequence of any kind.

What's preventing Rush from taking complete control of Destiny's systems is an encryption. As in discussion with students, it's impossible to break a complex code if you don't have some sort of a reference. Now they know that the code is based on genetic sequences of Ancients, and that gives them a strategy for breaking encryption.
                  Hmm, really? I only watched the episode once so far, and it was much earlier this morning. If this is the case, then I take back what I implied about it being keyed to a genetic sequence. What you said actually makes more sense in context of the timeline of the Ancients.

Assuming you are correct, thanks for pointing this out.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

why isnt having the Ancient Gene not gonna do it? is Destiny's access more complicated than Atlantis's? and once Rush finds those specific genes, will he use it for gene therapy or will it be in the form of a password type of thing?
                    Destiny is older than Atlantis, so it actually makes sense that it wouldn't use the Ancient gene (which I assume you mean the ATA gene), as that was likely a technology that is relatively more recent.

In ways, it's more sophisticated than what the Destiny's apparently seems to be.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

So it is not having the gene which makes it work, it's knowing the genetic code sequence and then entering its numerical equivalent into the system.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                        Hmm, really? I only watched the episode once so far, and it was much earlier this morning. If this is the case, then I take back what I implied about it being keyed to a genetic sequence. What you said actually makes more sense in context of the timeline of the Ancients.

Assuming you are correct, thanks for pointing this out.
                        Brody said the code was numerical meaning that said code is actually inputed into the code. The chromosome clue shows that the context of said code is releated to genetic code
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Brody said the code was numerical meaning that said code is actually inputed into the code. The chromosome clue shows that the context of said code is releated to genetic code
                          This actually makes a lot more sense, because I was pretty confused as to why the Ancients would have used a (seemingly) more complicated activator gene like they did with the ATA gene in Atlantis.

Glad that's cleared up for me.
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

From what I can tell so far, the answer to your third question answers your first question: the necessary element is a password, which has nothing to do with the user's genetics. I say this because Rush (among others?) has repeatedly mentioned that they lacked the passcode to access the ship's systems (for example, "Earth").

In that case, having the ATA gene doesn't help at all, because the system does not check for it: the password itself is both necessary (you cannot access the ship's systems without) and sufficient (if you have it, you do not need anything else).

In this case, it seems that the Ancients selected a password that was somehow connected to their genetics. However, this does not change the fact that it is a password.
                            "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                            - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                            - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                            - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I think the password is simply the numerical sequence for the ATA Gene. Instead of trying to randomly pick a code, it might make more sense to contact Earth and get the genetic sequence from them. Then just try to assign a numerical value for the 21 amino acid. It's somewhat logical that the Ancients would number the amino acids based on the number of carbons, or molecular weight, so establishing a cipher shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X