Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe studying Dr. Jackson's work

WHOOHOO!

kudos to the writers. Chloe is useful. she's learning archeology and was smart enough to make the remark that many advanced cultures had advanced stuff under what seemed like primitive architecture. i mean, what was to be the capital of the ancient empire is in modern times just a bunch of stones. Heliopolis is the same, Dakara, the second Repository, the arctic superweapon was even better hidden, the minidrone pedestal, the brotherhood ZPM, and Arcturus. did i miss anything? oh yea the shrine of talus.

anyway, many times the stuff was well hidden in what appeared to be just ruins. so yes any genre-savvy person would recognise the need to explore ruins.

did i mention that i LOVE chloe being useful?

Are you serious?

She just said that stuff to get off the ship.
    sigpic

Comment

Thor's hammer and the Furling teleportation device...

Chloe's main area of usefullness appears to be eye candy, its nice that the writers are trying to now broaden the character, even though I do still find her just a tad annoying!
      Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        she's learning archeology and was smart enough to make the remark that many advanced cultures had advanced stuff under what seemed like primitive architecture. i mean, what was to be the capital of the ancient empire is in modern times just a bunch of stones. Heliopolis is the same, Dakara, the second Repository, the arctic superweapon was even better hidden, the minidrone pedestal, the brotherhood ZPM, and Arcturus. did i miss anything? oh yea the shrine of talus.

anyway, many times the stuff was well hidden in what appeared to be just ruins. so yes any genre-savvy person would recognise the need to explore ruins.
        Yeah, that is what I found most jarring about Scott and Greer. Surely both of them would have been read in on important stuff, oh, you know, like where they found nearly EVERY important bit of advanced tech in the MW?

Comment

No, she wasn't useful. She just wanted to get off the ship for another mini-vacation, thinking only if herself instead of everyone else. She is playing a good politician though, betraying Eli's trust then sweet-talking him back to her side so he'd help her get off the ship.

As military personnel, Scott and Greer would have read all mission reports and be more acquainted with the "technology hidden under ruins" idea. Chloe, being "in" on the secret stargate program, probably would have read quite a few reports.

But she's no archaeologist and no Dr. Jackson. Heck, regardless of how you felt about the character, Jonas Quinn was a better Dr. Jackson. And they actually established him as having an advanced mind and having spent months actually reading Dr. Jackson's notes *before* he went out with the team (in the milky way, which is where those notes would actually have proven useful).

Comment

I think Chloe can be useful, but has chosen not to be for whatever reason. She apparently has a lot of information that could be useful on the ship, but hasn't let it be known before now that she has any useful knowledge. There are plenty of things on the ship she can do to make herself useful (assisting the scientists in some way; assisting TJ in the infirmary; assisting somewhere). I agree with those who said she just used the information she had in order to get off the ship again. After all, she just spent a month on a nice planet with fresh air, water, food, etc. She'd probably use pretty much any excuse to get off the ship again, even for a short time.

Comment

Well, it was supposed to be a "cute" moment, one where Chloe could start to re-endear herself to the menfolk in her life... meh.

I was surprised that Eli was sent along on this mission let alone Chloe. Two military types, I can see going, but wouldn't someone who had some skills in structural engineering (assuming they had one), or a person with a better grasp of the Ancient language be better choices for the civilians? How about plant/food gathering? And why only four people on the team? I would have thought there would be a whack of folks who would want to get off of the ship and stomp on real ground for a change. Yes, they may be unsure that there may be an attack, however, just four people? And Eli and Chloe? They have lots of folks who know how to drive a kino.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Why does everyone forget Young's line in Air when he talks about wanting everyone to do their part and step up so he can see what they're made of?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                  Why does everyone forget Young's line in Air when he talks about wanting everyone to do their part and step up so he can see what they're made of?
                  True, however isn't it a bit more useful for all concerned to have people with the actual skills going along to mentor the less skillful bodies? It seems pointless to send out folks to do a task if they don't have any relevant skills.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

you realise that she actually did study that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                      But Chloe IS doing what she's best at! Taking advantage of good planets and flashing skin and having sex!

What stuff did she study that is remotely useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                        But Chloe IS doing what she's best at! Taking advantage of good planets and flashing skin and having sex!

What stuff did she study that is remotely useful?
                        political science...im sure that would help you with negotiations and diplomacy and stuff

Comment

Yeah, it was so useful that she persuaded Scott, against his better judgment, to let them explore down in the maze. And she was REALLY useful when she just got too scared to keep going then rushed into a giant spider that forced Greer to kill it and cause a cave-in. Oh yea, Chloe is the most useful one on the ship.

Comment

And I'm sure that her two or three weeks of looking at stuff has made her an authority in the field...

What I was getting at is that there should be other folks on Destiny who have relevant skills (some have a few decades of work experience and others "just" have a doctorate in the field). I'm okay if the writers want Chloe there, however it makes a bit more sense to me to also have someone else along who has a better chance to know something about what they are seeing. Having Chloe become their source for all things Ancient or otherwise because she's spent some time reading Daniel Jackson's version of "Cole's Notes" is a bit of a stretch.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                              Yeah, it was so useful that she persuaded Scott, against his better judgment, to let them explore down in the maze. And she was REALLY useful when she just got too scared to keep going then rushed into a giant spider that forced Greer to kill it and cause a cave-in. Oh yea, Chloe is the most useful one on the ship.
                              They probably would have ran into the spider either way, since it was coming towards them from the direction of the entrance. Blaming her because Greer decided to empty half a magazine into the ceiling is a little unfair.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X