Only 6 hours for off-world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipi View Post
    The count down clock starts to tick before they send the kinos through to get environmental readings. I don't believe Destiny can micro-manage the stop overs down to the hour with such limited data. But it still remains unexplained how Destiny can lock out gate addresses as soon as it drops out of FTL. Is there some sort of beacon that transmits data from each planet then gets processed in 1 millisecond before the crew even realises what has happen or what...
    Or perhaps the ship is able to scan planets just before it actually drops out of FTL. And then it locks out planets. I'll be willing to bet that it locks out those planets that cannot sustain life in any form. Such as ones that have no air or is filled with or made up of toxic gasses. After all other than the planet in "Faith" where the crew was able to spend a month on, the ship really hasn't given them enouh time go far enough from the gate to see if the planet has any better terraine. After all here on earth we have the deserts of Egypt and Africa and such, and they tend to go for miles upon miles and in a 12 hour span of walking we wouldn't be able to see anything different then the desert.

As for the land rovers. There is nothing to say that in a future episode they uncover more areas of the ship and find one or two. Though I'm doubting that we would ever see any that are found on Destiny. I'd find it more likely that they find something of the sort or other shuttlecraft on one of the planets that the Destiny drops out of FTL for.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

So far, Destiny dialing gate based on database records with the best case scenario. Destiny seem has not scanning any planets. Otherwise, Destiny computer would alert about the new planet in Faith episode which is previously not exists when the seeder ship passed through on the same location.

Comment

Each time Destiny has stopped, it's as though she's anticipated a need and calculated just how much time they'll need to accomplish the task. I never thought that her arrival at the Ice Planet was about them getting water. I always figured it was for them to release the little alien insects that had piggy-backed from the Desert Planet. After all, the ice they melted for drinking water proved to be contaminated. Destiny apparently knew this before they did because she stopped at the Jungle Planet for their cure and somehow managed to coordinate it with a temporal shift so they could keep trying to catch the creepy monsters until they got it right. How deus ex machina!

I think if no one was on board, she wouldn't stop at all.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth549 View Post
          Ok, what I can't understand is why the ship is accomodating the humans? Surly it was only designed for the Ancients use, who would have the master code to control the ship.
          the ancients are humans.

3 points for PA
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            the ancients are humans.

3 points for PA
            It'd be more correct to say humans are ancients, since they came first.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
              It'd be more correct to say humans are ancients, since they came first.
              "hands over book" you will now learn how to read PA
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well if the ancients were on board they could easily change it Id imagine, but Id say the computer had the information from the seeder ships and decided that the planet didn't hold any usable resources by the gate and alloted 6 hours for exploring the ruins.. if the ancients were there with high tech scanners Im sure 6 hours would have been ample time for exploring the ruins.. plus like I said they could just stop the count down

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                The count down clock starts to tick before they send the kinos through to get environmental readings. I don't believe Destiny can micro-manage the stop overs down to the hour with such limited data. But it still remains unexplained how Destiny can lock out gate addresses as soon as it drops out of FTL. Is there some sort of beacon that transmits data from each planet then gets processed in 1 millisecond before the crew even realises what has happen or what...
                Id assume that it blocks out gate addresses based on what information its recieved from the seeder ship, and its not like they're properly locked out, they were able to dial them easily enough, it may just be more like destiny pointing the humans in the right direction as opposed to saying "no you only go here!! I am the DESTINY" etc
                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                  Each time Destiny has stopped, it's as though she's anticipated a need and calculated just how much time they'll need to accomplish the task. I never thought that her arrival at the Ice Planet was about them getting water. I always figured it was for them to release the little alien insects that had piggy-backed from the Desert Planet. After all, the ice they melted for drinking water proved to be contaminated. Destiny apparently knew this before they did because she stopped at the Jungle Planet for their cure and somehow managed to coordinate it with a temporal shift so they could keep trying to catch the creepy monsters until they got it right. How deus ex machina!

I think if no one was on board, she wouldn't stop at all.
                  It would make for an interesting plot line for Destiny to be a semi-sentient ship. Maybe since the ship has waited for ages for a crew to return she is lonely and has helped them and given Rush a hint to the master access code so they would be able to communicate directly with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                    It would make for an interesting plot line for Destiny to be a semi-sentient ship. Maybe since the ship has waited for ages for a crew to return she is lonely and has helped them and given Rush a hint to the master access code so they would be able to communicate directly with her.
                    I get the impression that the ship knows that there are humans on board too. Perhaps it is also helping them by locking out bad planets so that the crew isn't wasting time on planets that are of no use to them.
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Working...
                    X