Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 6 hours for off-world?

Where the other 6 hours goes?

Ancient set a budget time for the gate travel or what?

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
    Where the other 6 hours goes?

Ancient set a budget time for the gate travel or what?
    Well they do have this big universe to get to...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

perhaps not being in FTL uses power....for the hot butter dispenser....and as such Destiny doesnt stick around

Comment

I think those times given by Destiny are just default times for when it is in automated mode such as now or when no one in on board. Maybe the ancients when on board were able to control the times when needed (like if there was something important or interesting to stay longer for) ...

Comment

I'm starting to see Destiny's AI as a constantly changing thing. Now that she has passengers, she equates their needs and tries to run the numbers to allow her to free some time up for their little side trips. For random example, she decides for 6 hours here or 3 hours there but in all purposes, she has a schedule of some sort to keep, following the seeder ships.

That, or, she has to perform some sort of self-diagnostic or cool the FTL engines rather often, and she works her little schedule with both the cooling and the needs of her crew. Is she perhaps just dropping out long enough to check on all the nearby Stargates (For example, there were like four addresses in the Air 3 area, and they got a long time on the desert planet compared to Hoth. The Time planet may've been one of many too, given that the Destiny stayed put for so long)? Then again, there was no gate in Divided when she dropped out...

Seriously, I have no idea.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Don't tell me Destiny was late for a Date.

A very humanize automatic function. Should I dating a robot?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
              Don't tell me Destiny was late for a Date.

A very humanize automatic function. Should I dating a robot?
              Hmm... as long as she comes from a good family, you may have my blessing.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Hmm... as long as she comes from a good family, you may have my blessing.
                Thank you, Dad.

Comment

I think the time the ship stays put has varied already, has it not?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    I think so.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                      It has. They had more time in... "Time". Maybe 36 hours or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Having a deadline creates dramatic tension and emphasizes the crew's lack of control of Destiny.

Comment

Destiny hated the planet, so it didn't want to stay for very long.

Comment

Might have something to do with fact they haven't unlocked Destiny's systems yet. Therefore it is still on it's automated course set by the seeder ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

I assumed there was something of value on the planet, and the ship estimated a certain amount of time needed to go retrieve it. Obviously, the Destiny overestimated the ability to find it by Scott's team. >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X