How Powerful is C4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Powerful is C4?

Or maybe the question should be how much did James use when she tried to blast out the trapped team? It looked like a pretty large crater that formed after she detonated it, much bigger of a hole than what I imagined a single block of the stuff would do.

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
    Or maybe the question should be how much did James use when she tried to blast out the trapped team? It looked like a pretty large crater that formed after she detonated it, much bigger of a hole than what I imagined a single block of the stuff would do.
    It could also have been because the supporting structure underground was weak and just gave way because of the vibrations and that caused the size of the crater.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
      It could also have been because the supporting structure underground was weak and just gave way because of the vibrations and that caused the size of the crater.
      Plus they said it was a maze down there so its likely the entire underground was a hollow maze of ancient corridors.. it seems more likely that the force of the explosion caused the area surrounding the C4 to collaspe as opposed to the actually C4 just blowing that sized area up
      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

What i would have prefered them to do was rather than try to dig the rubble there out, why not just dig a hole Over them??

Comment

c4 is as powerful as it needs to be.
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
            lol! I had exactly the same reaction/question when I saw that vis-effects shot!! I was like "Holy crap!! How much did they pile in that thing?!" I suppose it's possible that some vital supporting pillar/wall/etc. was destroyed in the blast, but that crater looked like it could've been the size of a football field! (Okay... maybe half a football field, but still!)

Comment

enough to make a bad situation worse.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                enough to make a bad situation worse.
                lol, evidently

Comment

Yeah, C4 is not powerful enough to do the end damage. Poor structural integrety coupled with an abrupt blast is all that was needed. A shout isnt damaging, but it can cause snow to turn into an avalanche large anough to devastate a small town at the base of a mountain.

Comment

seeing as bullets got a tunnel to collapse, C-4 has the power to make a very big part of the tunnels collapse

Comment

....i would blame it on weak supports but mostly the episode made me think of the ammo the team has left. WTF if more spiders are in the tunnels and then I thought in the long run the entire crew is screwed because there can't be much left on destiny which means .....ancient guns!!!!

Comment

or we build coilguns. big advantage: you can trade ROF for firepower and vice versa. got a wraith? max charge and fire a single shot. got a crappy re'ol as an enemy? switch to burst and mow em down.

Comment

Working...
                        X