Ori/Jaffa Staffweapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bla232 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the in-depth reply, may I rent you for further "QA" in the future ?

I adjusted the damage now (all for the jaffa staff), torso/head/neck is instant death, legs/hands/arms will need 2 hits.

Also shrapnel range has been increased to 1m (0.2m) before and will deal 2dmg which is 20% of the damage a direct hit causes.

See my test (rated M I guess):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bL21S0ILyk
    Wow, what a carnage! That said, it does feel right. I noticed that the blonde dude next to the third being shot took some area effect damage.
    What 3D engine is that?
    If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      yes Line in the Sand shows the ori have a pretty good powersource, better than 3 naquahdah generators.

according to carter a staff weapon can't even power a gate. though she was disproven by oneill later, although via very different means of accessing the power. a staffweapon thus generates much less power normally, and lasts long, while when using a powerbooster, you get MUCH more power.
      Well the Ori weapon staff's crystal only managed to cloak one small house. The three generators were going to hide the whole town. Naqahdah generators have the capacity to produce n e2~e3 gigawatt power outputs (that's about ten if not several hundred thousand times energy per second than what a sabot round can deliver, which in general is more than 7 megajoules of kinetic energy, 7 with six zeros behind it), and can be set to overload and release at least more than 83 terajoules (20 kilotons). Obviously an Ori soldier's weapon staff doesn't come anywhere close to that. It may come at a couple dozen kilojoules of bottled up thermal energy per shot and that's about it.
      What it means is that the crystal has a low power capacity (doesn't produce much power) but a phenomenal amount of energy stored inside. It's that crazy. It could literally be a primitive form of small ZPM, but that's just idle speculation.
      The bolts of such weapons never stroke me as being more powerful than those from Goa'uld weapons. I remember no Ori staff managing to do anything more substantial than burn someone over a small area and that's all.
      Last edited by Mister Oragahn; 27 November 2010, 03:36 PM.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        and?
        i got confused

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Wow, what a carnage! That said, it does feel right. I noticed that the blonde dude next to the third being shot took some area effect damage.
          What 3D engine is that?
          If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.
          The blonde dude is actually Major/Lieutenant/doctor/whatever Carter .

I guess you might have found on your own now, but it's ArmA2, a not widely known game compared to e.g. MW2/BF2 and the casual stuff. It's the successor of Operation Flashpoint from the same developers with a very updated engine (compared to OFP, just the physics didn't really improve).

The nice thing is you can do lots of things with limited knowledge, if you want to have a quick battle you just click a few buttons and have a working scenario mission, for other games you would have to program and configure, set actor spawns, script waypoints etc, you can do advanced stuff like that in ArmA2, too, but a 12 year old can create a decent skirmish mission in a short time without using scripts or other headache giving forms.

(Speaking of my experience when playing Operation Flashpoint as a 12 year old )

E.g. take this "mission" I created, it was 15 minutes work:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WotUrBnJQAc

I could move the whole scene easily to another location or add even more enemies/SGC, just copy & paste.

Comment

since the Jaffa staff weapon can go completly through someone at about 3 feet and in line in the sand Samantha carter is hit by a ori staff weapon at about that and it does not go through her. Also one Naqahdah generator was enough power to hide one small house but it can hide more, about 1/3 of the town almost indefinitly. The ori staff weapon crystal only made up a small amout of the diference. the Naqahdah generator could hide the entire town but only for a tiny amout of time the crystal just gave them some extra time.
            ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Working...
            X