This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis+Wormhole Drive+Destiny's solarpower = Reaching Destiny

If we could find a way to replicated Destiny's ability to use the sun for power, could Atlantis reach Destiny using the Wormhole Drive and rescue/defend them. Plus we could dock a 304 on each pier of Atlantis and take them too.

no rescue attempts will work because they would destroy the plot
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
      no rescue attempts will work because they would destroy the plot
      this
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I know it would destroy the plot, I'm asking do you think it would be possible otherwise.

Comment

mmm. i don't know. it won't get you there instantly. but after several jumps it will work. unfortunately, that still means each jump might incinerate the city

Comment

It depends on how much energy Atlantis can store temporarily. If the trip takes too long (even normal gate travel takes a few seconds) they might run out of power half way and get stranded in the middle of nowhere. Hmm, they could plot a course to exit near a sun and recharge when they're running low... Keep hopping until they reach Destiny.

Also we don't know if Atlantis even has the tech to drain the power from a sun at this scale. Since ZPMs are the main powersource they could have decided against another system, to save space.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Enemy at the Gate is best forgotten and assumed to have never really happened.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                I kinda liked the episode....wormhole drive and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I kinda liked the episode....wormhole drive and all.
                  Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I really, really, liked that episode!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                    I really, really, liked that episode!!!
                    Oh....really....that much? I'm sorry.

Comment

it was cool but had a shallow plot.

anyway, i believe you can't run out of power halfway when using a wormholedrive.

Comment

Why would they risk one of Earth's most valuable pieces of technology falling into the wrong hands/getting destroyed/breaking down/etc? Not to mention everyone already there trying to study the databases

Comment

Even if they would get the wormhole drive(whatever that is) online, Destiny is galaxies away. It took Destiny like millions of years to reach to where we are now in Stargate Universe.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                            Even if they would get the wormhole drive(whatever that is) online, Destiny is galaxies away. It took Destiny like millions of years to reach to where we are now in Stargate Universe.
                            In the last of ep of SGA, Dr. Zelenka got Atlantis's wormhole drive working, it is almost like hyperspace but goes at stargate speed + takes a lot of power.

Comment

actually it is a technology that COULD get us there, but it's a gambling machine, there's a big chance you die. we could just montage the wormholedrive into a 304 BTW

Comment

Working...
                              X